Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, community,I've been attempting to gamify one of my college courses. It's a hero's quest-style gamification with a story arc throughout the course content. I would like to add some audio ambiance to the whole experience.1.  I tried uploading the a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My understanding of "Only available to students with link" was not correct. After reading the relevant documentation I now understand that a file, which has "Only available to students with link" attribute set, was actually visible to all students be...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-08-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello,Is it possible to grade a quiz myself without making every question an essay question?Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi there,I am new to Canvas as my university just migrated from Blackboard. I have a large class in which students have 3-4 readings per each module. Each reading has a specific prompt and is graded on the same scale (let us say, 25 points). Each stu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My canvas dashboard is loading and will not show up. My internet is working fine and I checked my instructure status however it is fine. Can someone help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!I am getting excited to start my course next week and have been doing some proactive work in reading through the materials when I noticed there are two canvas platfroms? See screen shots attached.The first Canvas #1 says I'm In Canvas and I can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!  I have unpublished assignments on my course so that I can use them each time I teach that class.  Even though they are unpublished and I have turned off or hidden unpublished assignments in my gradebook, they still show in the student's grade se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you import your course from Blackboard to Canvas, will the rubric and assignments be imported or do you need to import each assignment, rubric, and module individually? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.Thank you,Dr. J.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you import your course from Blackboard to Canvas, will the rubric and assignments be imported or do you need to import each assignment, rubric, and module individually? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.Thank you,Dr. J.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been trying to set up my courses. But Canvas keeps logging me out completely randomly — WHILE I am using it literally, not that I walked away. Sometimes, it happens every 30 mins, sometimes every 1 minutes, sometimes a few hours, completely ra...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

hello, I am working on classes currently and I am using my Mac to do my online work. for a while canvas has worked but recently it has stopped. I can use canvas on my phone but I need it to work on my laptop to submit papers. does anyone know how I c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to use rubrics that are already created within Canvas and assign them at the account level?  When I am listed as the faculty on a course I've found that I can reuse rubrics by simply using the Find Rubric feature.  I was hoping that ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I love the addition of the numbered buttons at the top of quizzes so I can easily navigate the quiz when grading. Would it be possible to color code those buttons, maybe green if they answer the question correctly, red if they missed anything ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to create a discussion that will not allow students to upload a file to it so that they are forced to submit their answer by typing it out (or pasting in) but not upload a file.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It says, I'm in region 1 but I'm in region 3.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor for a 4-year University.  For the last few weeks, there have been issues with the In-Box remembering that I already read a particular message.  Usually, once I read a message and click the blue circle (which then goes white) it sta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can see "Edpuzzle" tab in the left hand navigation, but I can see my instructor's Edpuzzle dashboard. I see a login box, but when I try to login appear the message: "User not allowed to modify User". The same problem occurs when I try to include a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-07-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why do the forums come up with the message "out of memory"? I'm unable to correct them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone noticed a SpeedGrader UI issue since the 2022-08-03 update? There appears to be lots of space when between the "View Rubric" button and  the "Assignment Comments" area. Clicking the View Rubric Button and then clicking Cancel beneath the r...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can someone confirm where the servers are located for users in the UK. many thanksHelen

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My dashboard is freezing or glitching. the classes are flickering as if they are having trouble loading. I cant get the class to load on my laptop as before. does anyone know how to fix this? I tried logging out and logging in and nothing changes. ho...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

No puedo acceder a la versión beta con mi usuario y contraseña. En cambio, no tengo problemas para acceder al entorno de producción. ¿Qué puede ser? ¿Me podéis ayudar? Gracias.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a lot of entries in Canvas modules. when I try and edit one of the entries, it crashes the browser. When the edit box opens and I try to edit, the screen fades with a spinning circle. The browser then freezes errors out.  I've tried every brow...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I accidentally uploaded the wrong file for my final assignment, and when I try and click the delete button, I get prompted with: Error updating submission draftI also have trouble uploading multiple files and get the same messageThis is incredibly fr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi ,I am an assistant administrator of Canvas at my university . We have two students who are unable to access their course work on Canvas using a Google Chromebook . The students are able to login , but after that , the courses don't show up on the ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 14 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We already use the old Google Apps/Drive LTI tool since 2017.  We see there is a Google Assignments (LTI 1.3) but it says you have to have Google Workspace for Education (formerly G Suite) and not sure if that means we would have to then manage all o...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have seen a lot of chatter about Canvas/Code.org but I cannot find where this was done.  I will be using Code.org to teach APCS Principles and we were just introduced to Canvas in our district.  Has anyone mapped the Code.org curriculum into a Canv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to get the time that a student spent on an attempt. When checking a submission, there's the value on the top that says: This attempt took x minutes.Is there an endpoint that exposes this information?Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are students able to see Grading Notes on a question when they are answering that question while taking the quiz?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies