Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

In the Files section, I was deleting a number of files and got tired of the pop-up dialog box, so I clicked the option to prevent it from coming up.  Now I cannot delete files at all and I do not see an option for resetting the checked "prevent this ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi How I do get information on Showing online proof for Florida Residency.I just saw my fee and it has a non-resident free.Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I keep track of which part of the coursework I was up to 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I access my Canvas from my personal laptop?  I can log in on my Chromebook, but would like to use my personal laptop this year since I will be in the Virtual Academy.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The does not seem to be an options list for anything. I would like to delete all the old announcements, but not trashcan icon or list to pick from.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My institution is preparing to roll-out a Canvas Orientation Course for all online students. The course itself will provide a code upon completion which students will plug-in to a prerequisite module within each course. Ideally, the students will not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It looks as if the previous outcomes system in Canvas (before "Improved" Outcomes) allowed administrators to view or download all the course artifacts related to a certain outcome across an entire campus. See for example this article: https://communi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,I (an instructor) have set-up a module with different tasks. Some of these tasks will be only available to half of the students, while the other half will be able to see the other tasks (they will be randomly divided into two groups).I've se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am using Microsoft Edge(Version 103.0.1264.71 (Official build) (64-bit) in Windows 10 and trying to upload canvas course images manually to course files.I have tried several image formats like JPG, PNG, SVG,...and all are failed and got an erro...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I uploaded the syllabus, but I don't want it to be just a link, I'd like it to open. How do I do that?  (I'm an instructor)

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The only Calendar I can see is my personal one, nothing else is showing they are in the sidebars but not in the calendar, they are also showing up in UNDATED, but none of the tutorials or assessments are comign up. Am I doing something wrong? Help ap...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Password isn't working for some reason, need to reset but when it send the email it tells me it won't reset unless I contact the administrators. Can someone please help me do this because I can't access my modules for the semester and I'm falling beh...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can not figure out how to record with blue button save it and submit it. I cant figure out where to do the PowerPoint and attached or complete in blue button The tutorials i was given are not helpful

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I find all the features mentioned in the video like To DO, gradebook .....etc in Section 4:10??? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a new member of the interdisciplinary co-op program. The COOP Experience 2022S shell is for tracking students progress against assignments but does not include grades as ultimately each student will be assigned a Pass or Fail grade only. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The overall grade for the class in question is partially-derived from the average of test scores. Is there a way for canvas to average the test scores (like blackboard did very easily)?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,  I am struggling with annotating student submissions. I'm currently learning about SpeedGrader, and I read the help site that said that the annotations tool bar does not come up with text-only entries. However, I teach a foreign language, and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our university is in the process of switching from Blackboard to Canvas.  In setting up one of my courses, I have successfully migrated a set of "take-at-home" quizzes (all multiple choice) that I use as a set of homework assignments.  Each question ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible for students to highlight text in the modules while they are reading? Wondering if it's possible on the website and not the app.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I send a video message to all course users in the Inbox as an instructor.  The online instructions do not elaborate on step 4.  I want to be able to click on a message record a video, edit if possible and send to all students.  I can record, s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently set my grades to be posted manually, not realizing that for quizzes, that would mean that students could not see the answers at the end of the quiz OR see their grades.I fixed that issue, but I have 11 students who were not able to spend t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings Everyone:I have a course linked to Pearson's MyLab Brady.  There are a lot of homework assignments, pretests, readings ect.   I have noticed that the chapter Pretest in Pearson greatly impact the students overall grade.  Is there a way to t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the free canvas version.  I am moderating a summer book club and one of my participants or "students" isn't able to access the canvas shell/module using the link provided from canvas.  so she asked me if it was something she could just sea...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This year our district has made our weighted categories for us. For instance:Formatives: 60%Summatives: 40%Previously I would weight different types of assignments differently. For instance, notebook checks for 10%. Is there is a way for me to state ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a quiz with a file upload question, where students submitted a pdf as their answer. Then I used speed grader to review their submissions and assign points for correct (1) or incorrect submissions (0). In the quiz summary, Canvas isn't givin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Ma'am,My name is Jaine Orozco, Currently taking ECE Diploma. Online program student at Lethbridge College. I have a problem of my Psychology 1 course. Every time I took the exams, my score is always low. Like 60 items my score was just in 20 or 25...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am building a self-paced course that would allow students to enrol at any time, and complete 5 modules and assessments.Is it possible to set up the course so that:1. Students can enrol/be enrolled at any time. Course runs ongoing.2. Students work t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi -I exported my classic quiz bank and am trying to import into New Quizzes. I keep getting an errors trying to reimport the question bank into New Quizzes. Error: there was a problem uploading your file. Any ideas? Thank you,Julie

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am teaching two sections of basically the same course. How do I meld them together so that both groups of students have access to the same Canvas course site?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies