Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Under Files, I have set limited permission to students to view files. i.e. only student with a link.My queries below:1. How do the students get the link? Or where do I get the link for them? 2. Is there any way to set an individual file folder for ea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How does it work

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Quiz for Unit 1 is listed but not appearing at the end of Unit 1 and before Unit 2.  Please clarify. Thank you,Sally Gearhart,ESL Instructor, SRJC 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I start typing in the "Report a problem" box, I inevitably have to reference a specific term or location and ofter when I navigate back to the Report text box, the pane closes and I lose my message. I am learning to type out my case on a Google ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i have laptop only and canvas student.Kindly advise me the simplest way to submit on canvas 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am trying to fill out my IRB application and am having issues creating more space/lines to type in information to the posted questions. Also, I am having issues printing out the feedback annotations on a document for reference when editing my...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear community,I am the designer as well as the teaching assistant of my MOOC. However, when I access the badge page, it reminds me of accepting the updated terms of service. After checking the "read and agree" box, I have typed the "continue" button...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, There is some confusion among our students as the notification they receive on the right of their screens for assignments shows as follows (July 19 at 12:15pm). This 12:15pm is actually the due time but students see this and think that thei...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am trying to log in to account and apparently my password is not recognized.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How's the best way to handle an assignment where students turn in partial sub assignments towards completing one larger assignment, which would allow me to provide grades for the sub assignments along the way and still allows students be able to tell...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am privy to the login help, however I can access canvas on my phone and tablet but not my computer using the same password. How do I call a representative to help troubleshoot?  I followed the password reset prompts but to no avail and did not rece...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have already embedded a slideshow as a PDF and it is in line with the link (I can see it on the page).  However, I would like to resize the width and canvas doesn't seem to allow this.  Could someone help?  I think I did this earlier because one of...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I access training videos? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an Instructional Technology Coach for Bibb County Schools in Macon, GA. I was wondering if it would be possible for you to change the colors of the gradebook key so that the colors for each group or significantly different or allowing an option ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello there,I am a multimedia designer with a Canvas administrator account at a college and have been creating and uploading course content for our college along with a team of lecturers and designers. Recently, a number of fundamental modifications ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like to have a 'bonus' quiz which is only released if a student scores highly in the 'standard' version of a quiz. Is this possible in Canvas? A student should be able to view all Module content regardless of whether or not they complete the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student user of Canvas and find it distracting (read - annoying) when a grade is entered into the Canvas gradebook and I cannot clear it or mark it as "read." There is an "unread" notification on the Grades sidebar and the blue dot will not di...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone know how to turn on notifications for rework? One our teacher's isn't receiving any notifications for rework  "I’m also not getting any notifications for when a trainee submits rework which isn’t going to help keep a track of what’s going...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I would like to create a blurred background or upload a picture  in collaborate Ultra. How do I do this please?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiWe are using a Canvas shell for many groups with different teachers. When it comes to marking of students assignments is difficult, where I have to look for the students that is in my group to mark them. Is there a way to separate the groups if the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

HSC Grade Book - hiding final assessment marks? Does anybody know how to hide the final assessment marks from students and parent observers for Gradebooks to ensure that students cannot access final marks please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Obviously, I did something wrong but I can't figure out what it was or how to reverse it.  Please advise me.Thank youRegina Richards

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

it says I am out of date when I click on update my browser nothing happens I am not computer savvy please advise thanks Allan

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to send an email to one class in the cohort  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a public course for a presentation.  I want participants (outside institution) to easily access the course and participate in Discussions in the course. What are the admin/course settings required to achieve this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I record my questions and answers and include the audio in a Canvas quiz?  I tried recording an audio file on Powerpoint and saving the media file, but when I try to upload, Canvas does not recognize it as an audio file.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Día 16 de julio del 2022,Un me encuentro es estudiando la capacitación de Canvas Instructure, ya llevo 30 días des que que inicie, he aprendido muchas cosas que me ayudan a comprender el usa de Canvas, desde la percepción del estudiante como desde la...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The canvasapi documentation includes instructions on how to create the classic quiz but how can I create the new quiz type using the API.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

helloI forgot my password , but i did not receive link in my email to change it this is my email : Toofy_91@live.com kind regards

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies