Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can I change the font on my Canvas Dashboard to make it more legible? I can barely see it!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I came to canvas to study negotiation course lee kuan yew school of public policy. How to find this school in canvass

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello, I was enrolled in a course that is still going on I had logged in this morning and the course was there and I could access it and then I just logged on again and it says I am not enrolled in any courses and the course has disappeared. I need t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I use pages for location for students to submit student work privately?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I start teaching a new summer course tomorrow and no one seems to know how to delete last year's (different instructor) syllabus, modules, etc. so I can populate with my own files.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have created a student (A) using his email address but the student name was wrongly entered. The wrong name belongs to another student (B) with a different email address. When we search under the "People" tab, only student B appears & we cannot fi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I wanted to give more feedback to my students. That is the big challenging part for me, because that's time consuming because of 200 plus students enrolled in this course and sometimes when I communicate with the students and create one generating em...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I already have a parent's canvas account and 2 kids enrolled in Hillsborough county schools. When I log into canvas I cannot see either of their grades from end of school year. I do not see anything, its completely blank. Their account info does not ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently I have noticed that when I create a assignment and allocate it to a section, some things are acting up.I edit the settings, assign it to the students, publish it, the when I look at the assignment is requires me to select a group before I ca...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi! I am creating an onboarding course for faculty members and I would like to add audio to each page in the modules. I know how to add the audio but I would like to have the audio automatically play when the faculty enter into a page. Rather then th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I wanted to know how to get a pairing code. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ahoy all.I have a very particular concern over this NOTE on the training page regarding adjusting dates in a course copy: It is recommended to shift due dates of imported content before students are enrolled in the course. If students are enrolled be...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I long in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can Grading columns be created directly from the Canvas Gradebook?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, colleagues.I am new to Canvas because our school switched from PowerSchool.I completed the first page for one of my classes, and I am very pleased, but now I need to copy this page into a module.How can I do this?I would be quite frustrated if...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A question from one of our faculty members: "I’m doing an online class and I’m having trouble knowing when to see my feedback as well as where to look. When I set up my class I would like to ensure that my students are able to see their feedback easi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Because of the way our school operates, our courses may not be taught by the same instructor. We are going in to our 2nd year with O365 integrated with our Canvas and are exploring ways to embed our content (videos, PPoints....) in to our courses. Th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is anyone else having problem accessing the Do Not Harm interactive assignment?  I'm able to open it, but as soon as I hit "play", I just get a black screen or a loading icon display.  Any help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student and I need to change my email address.  I went under "Account", and clicked on "edit", but it only lets me add an email, not change my username.  Is it possible to  update a username?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all! I’m an Instructional Technologist and I have a faculty member teaching a 400/600 course and wants to have his weighted grades set up differently for the undergrads. I can assign things based on these sections, but want to make sure students d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We have developed an asynchronous training for faculty and staff with multiple modules that are designed to be taken once -- but that do not correspond to a particular academic semester (i.e., the course is ongoing, self-paced).We want to track enrol...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a module with no prerequisite set. Therea re six pages and four assignments. These are interspersed as follows:Page 1Homework #1Page 2Page 3Homework #2Pag3 4Homework #3Page 5Homework #4Page 6I want students to have to finish one HW assignment ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,  I am an Educational Technology Coordinator asking a question on behalf of a few instructors that have noticed that on some of their assignments, the due date switches automatically from PM to AM. I have read this post, but we are not in the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i submitted FDA and received a message that the 3 students marked absent "failure Registration status code not valid for registration date"  Help

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can Extra Credit questions be autograded in New Quizzes?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,How do I add a hanging indent to a HEADING that starts with an ICON formatted flush-left (see attachment)?I realize I'm preaching to the choir here, but the ability to create good visual cues for learners is so fundamental and I'm struggling wi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I send an announcement (under a course) to students only?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies