Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have not received my grade or feedback yet despite I submitted my assignment on 25/04/2022. Would you help me to solve this issue?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,and a quick question as to being able to automate this function? From my understanding of the info here, all of this is automated.How do I send a message to all students based on specific course criteria in New Analytics?https://community.canvaslm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I attempt to insert math equation into my post discussion they do not display once it is posted.  The area where the formula is located is blank, however, if I go back in an edit it then I can see the formulas?Matt

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!Similar to surveying students each semester to get their feedback on each course and instructor, I was wondering if there was a way to survey instructors through Canvas to get their feedback as well? It would be very convenient if a "quiz" coul...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anybody who knows why my picture is not sharp?I have asked help from ICT and others but no'one seems to find the problem.As a teacher i am a little tired of having my profile looking so unprofessional.Help is much appreciated. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have a module set up so that students must work through all of the requirements. Some of the assignments are group assignments. If the module requirement is "Submit," does only the student who actually makes the submission meet that requirement or ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I connect a module entry to a PowerPoint file to make it come up on a student screen for review?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create a take home exam in Canvas, using 'graded quiz' so that MCQ will be marked automatically. I have set unlimited attempts and no time limit.I would like the students to be able to work on the exam in Canvas, then save it and continue o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am having trouble viewing a power point for one of my courses. I even used a different browser and nothing. I reached out to the professor and he only mentioned I reach out to Canvas support to see what would be the issue. Whenever I download it to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have entered all of my student's final grades in canvas and all is well except that I can't make one student' total grade visible to her.  It is saying that there are some assignments for which a grade has not been entered;.  All of her assignments...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Good day.We have a course that is being used as a resource site for students. This means the course has not been assigned to a term and does not have start or end date. In Fall, we enroll each cohort of incoming students into the course as a section ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I know if my respondus needs to be updated?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,I have a question regarding visibility of syllabus and calendar events.This is the process we have at my school:- students pick their own courses before a term starts;- every course syllabus is set to "public within the institution", so stud...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Beginner noob here, I'm guessing I need some sort of setTimeout? When my player reaches the 2nd of the first level. Here's my win condition.if (flagPole) { flagPole.update() flagPole.velocity.x = 0 if ( !game.disableUserInput &&...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I accidently posted in the wrong assignment field.  How do I remove it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I see what questions I got wrong on my quiz/test ? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create a Collaboration that does not allow the students to see the other student's email addresses if they click "share" on the Google doc? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I type 180o (a degree sign from the equation editor) into the RCE, the display will sometimes put the 180 at the end of one line and the degree sign at the beginning of the next (depending on the screen width).  Is there any way to tell Canvas t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Dear Canvas Community,I regularly strive to have students stay current and active with new research, findings, best practices, content, etc.With the aforementioned as an established platform, I would like to know and learn, how to add items to the Gr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find my Transcript?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We're going  to teach an interdisciplinary course splitted in 5 different subjects/canvas with the same assignment and a specific rubric in each. Is there a way to do this and have an efficient workflow? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the difference in Deactivating, Suspending, and Removing users?***I understand this is a loaded question, but deactivating a user is found in the People>"UsersName" and under specific courses and wasn't sure if they had different meanings.  2...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a Canvas Admin trying to create a report of all published courses with at least one assignment for a given term. I've used the provisioning report to get all published courses, but I'm not seeing a way to check for at least one assignment.  Any ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Canvas when logged in as an admin have a way to see the audit log for user creation? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a course which is now unpublished becomes live again, does anyone see it or do you have to provide them with a hyperlink to remind the to visit?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HelloWould like to know if I can restrict the access of the different sections of a course to the videoconferences organized by TEAMS.Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.Have a question.If I have different sections in a course, how can I restrict those sections' access to course materials? – When I talk about materials, I mean, documents and audiovisual resources.Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello EveryoneAccording to this manual https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/file.oauth.html1) Step 1: Redirect users to request Canvas accessIt is okay2) Step 2: Redirect back to the request_uri, or out-of-band redirectIf the user accepts your requ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi community,I have created a Marked Survey for my students and I can see their submissions under 'Show Student Survey Results'. I'd like the teachers to be notified every time a student submits their survey.I have tried both the account and course-l...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies