Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,The issue is, I have a video file that I have uploaded on Canvas LMS.But I don’t want the student to download the video file.They just have to view the video and move to the next module.Can you please, help me with this? Thanks,Toheed Gillani

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

hi iam having problem with submiting my english biography assignment. i can not find the portal. please help as soon as possible because the deadline is today.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am not able to see my courses and the error pops about updating the canvas. Can you please help me with this issue? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HELP!! I am syncing grades from Canvas to Synergy (SIS) and the missing comment will not transfer over. I have already turned on the "automatically apply grade for missing submissions" button and it is not helping. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import test scores to gradebook?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I download google chrome on my Mac to take the honor lock quiz  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Today's Quick Qs:Will learning groups that I build on the People page and events I set on the calendar (NOT assignments, only reminders) in an empty course stay in place if I choose to copy content from another course? Will they remain if I use a blu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I red box keeps popping up saying my browser is out of date but it is updated

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't seem to figure out how to enable visibility for students of some of the key features like the groups in the People tab. It says it is not available to students. I can't figure out how to make it visible to students. HELP!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

can you healp me?how can ope lockdown broether it is not woorking 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas says that it does not meet the requirments for lockdown browser but I don't know what it needs to meet it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a calendar of events in one course that I would like to be visible in all courses. Is there a way to copy the calendar I already created without having to go into each course and input each event again? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need  techinal support with lockdawn browser with fully updated laptop

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to delete my teacher account and reset my password for my student account.   How can I do this? Thank You for your help Gwen Saylor  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to Embed a video on Canvas, and I did not get an Embed code. I, then, tried to upload the recorded video, which now says it is in the process of embedding. How long does it typically take, and did I do it correctly? The video is 2 minutes...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't believe that Canvas doesn't have a way to search my course materials. That is a quite negligent oversight for a system of this nature.My instructor referred to a previous lesson, but I don't remember which lesson it was, all I have is a word ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When enabling a student to see quiz results, does it default to only one time? How do you restrict the student to only view their correct answers/results of the questions to one time only? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Some of the grades I am entering manually continue to show the comment icon instead of the actual grade.  I have tried to change it several times unsuccessfully.  How can I fix it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My university has a course template that allows professors to do this. I asked for the template, but the coding did not translate to my system. Here are pictures of what I am trying to accomplish.As you can see, the content below the button changes w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I published my class but my students can't see it.  It says it is not published.  I need help getting them access.  Any ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Which Features should we enable or disable? Haven't been in school for 23 years.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am signed up for the 6/8/22 canvas session. I believe I have followed all the instructions to begin this session. I am just wondering if there is a Zoom link I need to be sent for this session?Thank you for your time as it is greatly appreciated...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a group assignment (Final Project 35% of final grade) which as three sections (3 separate assignments). Each section is worth a different percentage and I want to grade each section based on 100 points per assignment.Final project is 35% of fi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am running into an issue  on my user page. There are no buttons to add and record in the toolbar. When I click on the add videos button center screen the add video box opens , however no options are there to browse files for upload. I am using Wind...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I put zeros in for students on an assignment that was not due yet and want to revert them back to hyphens but when I try it says that it is an invalid grade. Is there anyway to remove the zeros? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My school is new to Canvas and my teachers re asking if they can add the Remind app to their courses? According to info I have from Remind, I (the administrator) have to enable Remind's Canvas integration. I am having difficulty finding out how to do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies