Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I tried downloading a labnote on canvas but not working. How do i go about it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am copying new quizzes from a course into another course. The quiz copies over with the marks the quiz is worth but none of the questions appear. I have searched the question forums here and have attempted the suggested solutions here https://commu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

No matter what I do I cannot find the add people button.  I've created the course, I've published.  I've created a start date but no where can I add a user or add people.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-19-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can I stop students from seeing other students grades

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Each time I click on the discussion tab a block message occurs from group 1 instruction not allowing to view or post on the discussion board. HELP!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Every 3rd Sunday of each month the PROD environment is being copied over to TEST and you are not able to access the TEST environment where you instead see: "This environment is currently being updated with a copy of the latest production data. Ple...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi allI am trying to get all the grades for a module using the canvasapi in python. I have a section where I can get the top, bottom and mean grades for each assignment.course = canvas.get_course(14602) #id of the course print(course.get_course_level...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In a stimulus question, please make the content in the stimulus either available within tabs or allow the questions associated to float along with the stimulus content as the student scrolls down.This is important because the amount of information in...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used to get notifications when someone messaged me by Canvas Inbox. Now when I go to 'Notifications', and try to click 'Added to Conversation' it won't let me turn it on. It says, 'Notification Unsupported'.Is there another way to get notified by m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've had the same discussion posts come up in two of my classes, can I use the one I posted in my old class or will canvas flag it as plagiarism ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey all,We're looking for a way to track where a user came from. We have users from many different schools who take our courses, and we need to be able to identify who joined from which school. The best way to do this, so we thought, would be if ther...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Could someone from the Canvas Community help me combine my accounts? I was at a Canvas College and was very active and sadly went to a school that uses another LMS. WE ARE MOVING TO CANVAS! I would like to attach my existing account to my new account...

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Why  can I not type in the assignment section for written response? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't access canvas it tells me access denied, can you help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I dropped a class but it's still showing up on my Canvas courses. How do I remove this course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Tomorrow, I have final exam and I have a concern since I'm studying from eBook and don't have a hard copy of the book and the exam is open book if I need to check something during the exam from eBook dose the canvas kicks me out when I change the tab...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hola:Necesito importar un curso grande en la cuenta de CANVAS, ya le he cambiado la quota a 5gb, y aun asi cuando trato de hacer la importación me sale que solo tengo 2Gb de quota para subir el curso.Alguien me puede ayudar? que mas debo hacer? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas Community, Our program hosts self-paced/open enrollment courses that function by creating a new section for each student's course timing. In doing this, in order for the student to be able to message their teacher, the teacher has to be add...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

MY FILL IN THE BLANK (WHEN WORKING FOR A QUIZ) IS NOT WORKING AT ALL. AND IT STUCK ME FOR AN HOUR NOW! WHAT WILL I DO?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all!What I want to do is set up Canvas so that during a lecture, a student can put a question in Canvas that will send me an immediate notification (on my phone or a pop-up on the desktop). I can then switch to Canvas and see the question and answ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, my name is Victor, i supposed to start my course on 15th of this month, but having issue to access the course. kindly help in regards to this.thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have not received my grade or feedback yet despite I submitted my assignment on 25/04/2022. Would you help me to solve this issue?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,and a quick question as to being able to automate this function? From my understanding of the info here, all of this is automated.How do I send a message to all students based on specific course criteria in New Analytics?https://community.canvaslm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I attempt to insert math equation into my post discussion they do not display once it is posted.  The area where the formula is located is blank, however, if I go back in an edit it then I can see the formulas?Matt

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!Similar to surveying students each semester to get their feedback on each course and instructor, I was wondering if there was a way to survey instructors through Canvas to get their feedback as well? It would be very convenient if a "quiz" coul...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anybody who knows why my picture is not sharp?I have asked help from ICT and others but no'one seems to find the problem.As a teacher i am a little tired of having my profile looking so unprofessional.Help is much appreciated. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have a module set up so that students must work through all of the requirements. Some of the assignments are group assignments. If the module requirement is "Submit," does only the student who actually makes the submission meet that requirement or ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I connect a module entry to a PowerPoint file to make it come up on a student screen for review?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies