Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, please I need help on how to navigate canvas. How can I see assignment, announcement, and how to access everything like I used to do in Blackboard? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student took a quiz and completed the quiz. However, under Moderate this Quiz, the timer is still counting for only her. Any ideas why?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We're going through an LMS RFP and are putting Canvas through its paces. We've currently got Ellucian ILP configured and things seem to be working ok so far. We're trying to figure out how to get nested sub-accounts to work for ILP-created course sec...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I am on the dashboard and click on grades, I see the grades from previously completed courses. How do I hide the grades so I only see the current class grades? I have hid the courses on the dashboard view, but they do not go away on the grade vi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently, the "act as" feature is limited to Canvas Admin. Is there a way for the feature to be given to the subaccount admin? We want to provide building leaders the ability to ac as teachers/students in their spaces without having to provide compl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when I click the link that our teacher attached in the modules, it shows access denied but my classmate can open the link.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'm able to use the create calendar events API for a course without any problems, but when I add child_event_data to my JSON to specify a section I get an error.Does anyone have an example of how the JSON should be formatted please as I don't unde...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have received a report from a faculty member who says one of their students submitted a document via Google Drive and the formatting was changed / messed up upon submission.Are there any known issues with formatting when submitting documents via Go...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to write comments when grading 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm getting this message when I try to integrate Flipgrid into Canvas. I can see the video submissions on the Flipgrid website, but when I try speedgrader in Canvas I get the following message and I cannot grade my student submissions.LTI Launch Erro...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are having to restrict access to quizzes between dates for teachers. The scenario is that a teacher should only have access to a quiz when the students start the quiz and their access to grading the students and the test should end after 6 days. I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I transfer. copy a 4-week Canvas course that I created for college and transfer it to my work canvas platform?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I just finished my semester and I'm having difficulty finding my grades / final once the semester has closed. I did some research, and it says to click on grades then you will see an area to find concluded grades - however I don't see this ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone!I am trying to advise our faculty on the creating the following type of assignment. We have weekly prep guides for our doctoral students. Faculty want these to be graded as complete/incomplete. I have them all in a weighted assignment gro...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas is still showing my spring classes.  How do I get my summer semester to show up?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My course at Massasoit Community College, Beginning French 1,MLFR101-W20,  begins on Tuesday, May 31.Can I publish it today, and If so, can I change the available dates for assignments to today, May 30?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Student Submissions This is a report of all students enrolled in a course in a given term who have turned in an assignment. This report contains one row per student submissionHow can I enable the submission delivery report to track students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When students click the link to their copy of a Google Drive Cloud assignment, does the link always go to the same doc, or does it make a new version of the doc each time they click the link?Say, for example, I have students working on a Google Drive...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the best way to set account roots as an administrator?Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am interested in taking a more advance workshop that allows the participant to build a course and get step by step feedback so that the participant can then lead other faculty in their department to use the tool and help troubleshoot issues. Does a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So have been developing an application to manage courses and grant users permissions to said courses and was able to throw together a UI that creates a course, sets-up up content migration and adds a primary and secondary teacher to the course.Doing ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Quiz has been set with a 3 day window.  Not time limited.Some students have completed the quiz.  Some have started it but not submitted.  A few hours before the closing window time is reached, the teacher then extends the availability by a further 72...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm in Speedgrader looking at some quiz results and when I click the "View log" link at the top, a new instance of the dashboard opens up - still within Speedgrader.  So you its possible to open up multiple embedded instances of your dashboard (and o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a writing instructor teaching a class where students are required to give peer feedback. However, I would like to leave private feedback for each student. How do I accomplish this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It appears that the status of assignments that do not require file submission appear in the mobile app with the Student mobile app as 'Not Submitted'.This can be misleading for students who are possibly alarmed to think that they have not completed a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A similar question was asked but the response did not tell how to delete a response totally so it will not mess up the  grade.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to complete Lesson 2.9 in Growing With Canvas: Canvas Teacher Training and I cannot access a Home Page to modify.  Nor do I know how to navigate to create one.  Please assist. Roger

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I completed a mandatory continuing ed session to maintian my NJ RN license & would like a hard copy of the title, course objectives, & instructor info for my records.Helene Fedeleladybugnp315@gmail.com

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies