Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

am taking a canvas course that is scheduled to meet on zoom tomorrow for the "live" meeting portion of the course. My zoom account is updated. I don't see the link to join the class anywhere on the canvas course. Please help!!!I teach at a Universit...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am wondering why the Grades are not visible immediately after submission (for Quizzes with multiple attempts). In the Blackboard platform these results were visible immediately. Can anyone from eLearning provide some guidance?Thank you, Marius ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I want to unbold text in an existing syllabus.  How can I do that?Stephen

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I access the webinar from last week?I can see available only the welcome webinar from 2 weeks ago but not the last (last week )Any help?Thanks 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently accidentally press the "submit" button before the closing date. The CANVAS won't allow me to withdraw or resubmit. It only allows 1 attempt. Is it possible to revert back or allow me to submit it again?Regards,RIchard  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiI was thinking about creating a bunch of Blueprints via csv file on Canvas but I realised that there is actually no filed in the course creation CSV file for setting a course as a blueprint.You can only link a course to a blueprint bye specifying t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I see there are several complaints on the equation editor but I cannot seem to find a solution. I have now taken the same quick 10 times and have literally given the correct answers in both formulaic and with the equation editor but it is never...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I input my final exam scores, but did not publish them, so the final average "Current Score" seen by the students did not change. Then in computing my final grades, I used the Override Grade column in several cases. In these cases, the Current Score ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I start a new module and i go to a previous canvas course and cut and paste the information in the new Canvas Module, it duplicates it to my other modules I have in that Canvas as well .. Only want it in the module i'm working on ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I am needing to know how to upload my discussion videos. I'm not seeing any links etc to record and upload

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there no way of vertically resizing the comment textarea in a submission? Almost every other textarea has the property set to resize but not here!?! I'm getting frustrated when i have to write long comments and only have 4 rows visible! How diffic...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I apply for a late submission on my assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The phrase "Error retrieving assignment external tools" has pop-out right after I have submitted my assignment. Does this error affects the assignment that I have submitted? Will it cause error on the answers I filled in with that certain assignment?...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My university recently switched to Canvas from Blackboard.  I am trying to figure out if there is a way to do a custom weighting of tests based on performance.  I am trying to achieve the following:40% Assignments60% Tests (Final 100 points, Midterm ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can only access 100 records when I use postman to retrieve Canvas data. How can I access more records at a time through the postman?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to link a discussion board to a New Quiz question. Is there a way to do this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My school has a 10% deduction for  late submission, but like the subject says the assignment was labelled 'This assignment does not count toward the final grade.' Will the 10% still be deducted ? If No, can the teacher still make changes and make it ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am having trouble checking my missing assignments. The bell icon used get updated if I miss or submit a missing assignment. However, now it's just stuck to 4 missing assignments and does not refresh even if I submit one of the missing assignment...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to add a private memo on a grade?I have created a column for an attendance grade, and I want to leave a memo for myself (not for my students), such as "sick, family emergency, etc." 

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do we upload our assignment on dashboard other than the assignment folder. And where to look for other's assignments for peer review?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have my own course and I am a support instructor for other instructors' courses.  I am in their course as a "teacher" role.  I would like to turn off "To Do" and "Coming Up" notifications for the other instructors' courses.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

As a student, can I delete an ungraded assignment that I submitted a couple of days ago? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for an API way to retrieve all of the Quizzes (Classic and New) from a Course. I am quite certain that I can do so using the Assignments API endpoint. But I want to make sure that this is the correct approach. Will this approach always i...

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of our courses was split into two groups due to the amount of students but are kept in the same course(for administrative reasons). The group consists of 60 students. This was split into two groups of 30. Currently Each group receives assignments...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am following the directions, I do not have an assignments link as noted in the instructions.  I am trying to download my speech video to submit for a grade.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to get notifications in my inbox only. I don't want them in my school email.  Can that be configured? For instance if a student submits something to be graded I will to get a notification in my Canvas inbox and not my school email.  Any id...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Recently we have had contact with a user who would like to be able to send messages to students who have not submitted yet but are seeing the whole roster. On our side, we update a submission with the user's score. However, this does not appear to up...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Anytime I create an event in the Calendar I set the time to 1PM  after saving it will change back to AM. I then have to go in and change it back to PM. If I edit anything in the event it will change the time to AM as well. Correct time settings are i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can we get rid of the penalty for multiple answer questions. If my students choose 2 of the 3 correct answers, I would like them to earn 2 out of 3 points. Right now if my students choose 2 right and 1 wrong answer, they earn 1 out of 3 points.They s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to grade google slides students submitted through external tool in speed grader.  1-2 out of a class of 30 will actually open and the others all say "Service is currently unavailable. Try again later.Any solutions? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies