Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When browsing the gradebook, the trunitin icon is displayed on the right. If an assignment allows unlimited submissions before ddl, and a student then revises it many times, is the trunitin similarity icon displayed on the gradebook the latest submis...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does the Canvas assignment provide information about how students in the course performed against each criterion in a rubric?This is important reporting process for one of our faculty. Criteria 1Criteria 2Criteria 3Student 1001Student 2101Student 311...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot get my student email onto my canvas account profile. It list the email in the settings, but it is not appearing on my profile. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I assign weight to the assignments I have created?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, on one course I have two final columns, one of them is giving me grades over 200% and the other one is correct but the incorrect one makes the total to be calculated wrong. How can I delete the incorrect one?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I'm new to Canvas.  Wondering if the Course Setup Checklist can be edited to make unique to our University. Many thanks,Mark

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My professor requires me to set my canvas notifications for his class to "plugged in" and "in the know", I'm not seeing anything like that. Is there an option like this or no? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Chris..its Cynthia..im in the staff room trying to figure out how to log in to our confrazoom It says I have download Zoom on this school computer

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi @greydon  @cstrikwerda and @ColtonSwapp ,It's great seeing all of you here this morning addressing some of the questions that have come up recently. Since you're all here, I'd like to see if there is any update regarding the following problem.Ever...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In one of my courses, I have the role of both the teacher and a student. I would like to remove myself as a student. The reason why is that my dashboard keeps showing that I need to complete work as a student. I have had to excuse myself but that is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

What permissions does a substitute teacher have on Canvas? I cannot find this information anywhere. Thank you. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot exit student view in my courses. What is the problem??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason, I have grades that won't "stick". I grade the student then it reverts back to ungraded. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Do I need to use Canvas or is everything I need right here on my Dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Student made Works Cited pages in Google Docs and then upload to Canvas (I clicked online submission - File Upload). Every document lost its formatting when uploaded - specifically, the hanging tab that is required in MLA Works Cited pages. Any sugge...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi all,Quick question here...is there any real benefit to uploading files to Canvas to use in courses vs. linking to files in OneDrive (or other cloud storage) so they can be changed when need be? Thanks so much! 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an instructor attempting to transfer large quizzes (exams) from Moodle to Canvas. Most of the quiz questions contain pictures. After the transfer to Canvas, many of the pictures are all messed up. Most of the pictures end of with the wrong quest...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas CommunityWhen running a 'Missing Assignments' report from New Analytics I want to filter by assignment.  However, one ore more assignments appear to be missing from the available filters.  Is this because they have multiple due dates? Man...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiAnyone know how to move the help icon at the bottom of the page? It sits over the "next" button and I'm trying to check all my pages and it's permanently in the way.Resizing the screen doesn't help! Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get a sandbox?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have followed documentation guide for uploading a file and tried the sameUploading Files - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation (instructure.com)In canvas, my file is uploaded, but image is not appearing as original file Attached my canvas file SS and...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

At present students have to click 'view feedback' to see my annotations. Is there a way to enable autoloading for DocViewer for all students across the instance, as it's a bit of a UX issue at my school at the moment, and lots of students are missing...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am a student, and I am unable to view the class that I am enrolled in.  How can I figure out how to add it?  I have clicked on my courses, and clicked on view all courses.  The only thing showing is the tutorial.Thank you for your help!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an (ungraded) class that I require students to upload a file showing their work on an exam. Once the due date has passed, I go look at the exams and I use "pins" to leave feedback. Then I mark the exam as "incomplete" i Speed grader so that I ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor and have a multilayered course and am wanting to transfer this into Canvas. What is the best way to do this?Do I need to edit the existing course ( which is in another LMS) to make it more flat ( i.e. only a 2 layered course) or is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, how can I provide a student with access to oral presentation and sharing their Power Point on the screen during the Zoom meeting?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Greetings,  I am a course grader and I am wondering how to view a student submission without opening the file?The speedgrader view is faulty. I am trying to find another way to either embedd a code to view the student's submission or figure out what ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies