Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

As Instructors  in our Canvas community uses the"Course Link Validator" tool provided, it often time displays the message "Found (number of) Broken Links,"however most the times this is not the case. This message is often times displayed when the lin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey, there!Within the past few weeks, some of our custom JavaScript functions have stopped working. Specifically, it seems like Canvas is blocking clickable eventListeners. In our case, we lost some functionalities and DOM manipulations because of th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when i get to my dashboard on rcc canvas it tells me that my card is empty, and just a day before that it was working.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas added extra points to total exam points, which ends up hurting students. I fixed it but now canvas just totals the points minus the exams until I update the scores. Is there a way I can just do this once for all students or do I need to go to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you move a module from one Canvas shell to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am super new as a Canvas admin coming from another LMS. I have created two "Account Roles" (Building Administrator and Tech Admin) at the District root account. The only way to have them have the Start a new course button appears to have users with...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We use a Blueprint Course with associated courses to organize our courses. We've started adding 3rd party/external tools to some courses and we are finding that a majority of the time, the external tools are not syncing correctly to the associated co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have images embedded in questions that are in multiple question banks. When I look at the bank the images show up for me. They also show up in the student preview. When students try to take the quiz the image doesn't show up. I attached an image of...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to enable self-enrol to a course for students who don't necessarily have an account in my instance of Canvas - some of them have existing Canvas accounts for other institutions. The issue I have is that I created the secret link, but when I sh...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey Guys, just wondering how we find the information that contains the order of in which we should complete our modules. I have no clue where to find this information and have looked everywhere I can think. TIA-Jade

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a colleague who works in a different company and has a different email to everyone else. When this colleague clicks on links that I have made within the canvas course it asks them to sign in using my companies email address? Is there a way tha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is that a function to setup auto holiday messages in Canvas Inbox. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi, I want to students to see our company logo instead of Canvas logo when responding email from Canvas.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We will be offering fully self-paced courses for professional development to both organizations and individuals. For individuals, purchasing one 'seat' in a course is quite straightforward (Catalog has this option already). For organizations, I have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm SO frustrated with students not reading my assignment comments or even the comments on their rubric; is there a way to force them to read them??  Maybe set it up so they can't do the next assignment until they're reviewed the grade & comments on ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Usually Zoom is in my Canvas pages by default, but it's not there this time. I hadn't even bothered to check till I was about to start office hours for the class I teach at Wayne State University in Detroit. Any ideas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student Discussion submission that showed up in Greek for some reason. The student didn't write it in Greek and the other students in class can see it in English. Any thoughts?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have mistakenly submitted an assignment to another subject’s assignment box. After I realised the problem, I resubmitted a correct version. Both of them require turnitin check and allow multiple submissions. Will the submission history affect the s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't figure out how to separate responses to individual questions within a Discussion topic.  In Blackboard, Students reply to each question in the discussion with a separate "Thread" for that question. I have 3-5 questions for each discussion top...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I listen to a missed class on Canvas / Dashboard? I have a PSU password and a zoom password. I am in the SALC program. Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when i try to sign in on canvas it says invalid user

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy all,We are a large K-12 district with over 91,000 students and use eSchool as our SIS. We have quite a bit of movement and have had to make changes to the enrollment process over the last few years.I'm in the process of reviewing our import pro...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am trying to reset the content of a course in Canvas I am the instructor for. There is no button in the right-hand column on the "Settings" page where a help page told me there would be. Why is that?Thanks! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student can I delete a course tile. I have tiles from my old school and want to stop getting notifications from them. And wanted to know if I can delete them as a student. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! I am trying to use outcomes for the first time. I created all of my outcomes. Then, made a question bank and aligned my outcomes within the question bank. However, when I click on each outcome to view aligned artifacts, there are no artifacts the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to create a training for teachers to become acquainted with the Career Companions Books.  I am a new teacher and have been tasked with creating this.  I was curious if anyone knew anything about how to d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas community,Could you help us with the following issue please:?When anonymous marking in Speedgrader, the students have reference numbers, e.g. 'Student 1', 'Student 2' etc.On two occasions now, in different modules, we have had these refer...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies