Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

how do I embed a pdf in my post so it shows the documents without having to click on the link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are at the end of the semester and I created a Class Participation Grade worth 5 points.  Trouble is I dont understand how to grade it without assigning it to the students?  Can someone help me figure out how to grade class participation in Canvas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am copying a course into my new shell course.  When I go into setting to copy the course, should I be in the shell course I am copying into or in the course that I am copying from?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, I'm trying to accept a course invitation using a post request listed in the Cavnas API documentation. The command I'm using is:"curl http://<canvas>/api/v1/courses/:course_id/enrollments/:id/accept \                                           ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I had a loss of internet connectivity and was unable to do anything on canvas. The activity log shows differently. I want to know how accurate are the activity logs?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

hello, is there a way to place all icons on the home screen? Mine isn't showing half of them. When I go in through the Dashboard, and click Microbiology, the system just kinda stays in gray and white. Anyone ever heard of this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

OK, I tried it on my own, I went to the help area and followed the detailed instructions on how to do it, and still have the problem.I am trying to add the Canvas calendar for my course CSIS110 to my Outlook calendar.  Both times, it says the calenda...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The strangest thing happened to my Canvas course this week: I needed some help grading a larger group by a strict deadline, so I added a colleague to my course, inviting her using the "Add People". She accepted the invitation, and not too long after,...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I completed a short course in March - first time  as  a tutor using Canvas.I thought I had  completed  and submitted  the register OK but last week was told it had not been submitted.I've  done it  again  but wanted to know how I can be  sure  that I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I put in all this time to create item banks, which I am understanding are associated with my account, not with my courses, what happens to them when I leave my current district and move to a different one?Let's say that the new district uses Ca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way (or will there be a way) to track data, such as performance on TEKS over time and different assessments? Currently we are using another program to give assessments and track this data. We would love to keep it all within Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

where do I find my SSC user name?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I put in all this time to create item banks, which I am understanding are associated with my account, not with my courses, what happens to them when I leave my current district and move to a different one?Let's say that the new district uses Ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not have WEA STEMizig class as a module.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Is it possible to reopen module two quiz for me to take the quiz please? ThanksChristy

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am attempting to use the following LaTeX code in New Quizzes using the MathQuill feature. Here is the code. By the way, this code works perfectly in Classic Quizzes using the Insert Math Equation option. I am unable to copy and paste this code into...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to have an image at the top of a Canvas module that my students see as they view the module on the home page.  When looking for help on embedding images, I am guided to using the Rich Text editor, but I don't see how to open the rich text edit...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm in the process of reworking a Canvas course. All of a sudden last week, whenever I click a link that is embedded within an image, a rectangle appears, I'm assuming around the actual link itself. The rectangle remains until I click anywhere else o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I completed the Be the Here: Admin Quick Start Guide course today, but on my training transcript it is showing it is still in progress. Any idea of how to get it to show as completed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, Canvas team, We extracted 93 tables from Canvas by using the CLI tool. Now we want to load all the tables to an MS SQL database while still keeping the same names and data relationships like the STAR schema created by the Canvas platform.Wonder w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!At the school I work we don't do terms or set end dates. Each student start as soon as they enroll and then they follow their individual plan. That means a student can start in october the same course as another student did just two weeks before a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a reliable plugin to change the module and its contents to tilesThe visual style called Tiles in Moodle, customisable dashboard tiles for Modules and the option for sub-tiles.https://learntech.medsci.ox.ac.uk/wordpress-blog/a-dashboard-view-...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anybody know how to create an Academic Case to start the graduation application?  The directions that came in my email are not very clear and do not tell me where to find it. TIA

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to combine my two accounts? I have amandamcdono@gmail.com and amcdonough@kibesd.org . Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

In our Catalog instance we have a course in which sections are used to separate enrollments into date ranges.  This is the preferred over duplicating the course shell so that we can maintain a single Catalog listing.How do I change the start and end ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello all,As of last week, I am encountering a problem where files will not preview anymore. Currently, I need to download all files (mainly .pdf) to actually see what the students have submitted. And yes, I've already read all other posts about the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Necesito encontrar una app o plataforma que me permita calificar las preguntas del test o del cuestionario o preguntas largas por ejemplo si fallo la pregunta 5 me quitan -0.33 de puntuación y ese sistema de calificacion no se donde encontrarlo.    I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on a class a pic is always whooshing, zooming in or out, where the title of the class is. can I turn that off somehow? It hurts my eyes and brain

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies