Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Jeg har en student som har glemt passord sitt for innlogg i Canvas. Han har fått «Glemt passord» og fått en e-post med link for å tilbakestille passordet. Når han trykker på den ble han sendt tilbake til innloggingssiden, hvor han på nytt må trykke "...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi We currently use SIS to import our users and enrollments. Can someone tell me if the term of a course has been completed, do you still need to include those users in the SIS import? For example, once our Year 12 students depart the school, do we h...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I try to insert a photo onto my canvas quiz it shows up as a grey box rather than displaying the photo. I have attached a photo of what it looks like.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I added the SCORM Cloud app to my free account, but it isn't showing up anywhere on my Canvas pages.  Does it usually take a while for the app to show up?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a teacher, is there a way to turn due dates off so that whenever I create a new assignment so that it will not have a due date? I was using free Canvas before, but now I am on a paid account with my institution. On the free account however it was ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Early on into the course, I could see and communicate with other students in MAT 107.   For some reason that does not appear to be an option,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to download version 13.6 of PostgreSQL for Windows for the Data Engineering certificate course I am working in, and I keep getting an error stating it could not contact the server. I've tried multiple times, reboots, etc. and can't get it...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are developing JavaScript for our Canvas theme, and in the course of this development we use the browser console for logging events, methods, objects and so on. Calls to the console.log() method have always resulted in console messages which inclu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I am grading in Quizzes, there is a box below the student's response for the instructor to write an "additional comment".  I was so excited used it for the first time this semester because I appreciated the continuity of seeing my feedback direc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, I have a student with whom I'm using Cengage's MindTap. While the grades carryover, it's not the MindTap grades that concern me. We've put together separate/custom course of sorts for her. The rest of the class is doing, say, 20 assignments t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It seems it is not possible now to export a New Quiz? None of my quizzes in the new format show up when I go into export. I am needing to export them so I can upload to ExamSoft. Is this not something I am able to do? Please help! I do not want to ha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi All, Is there a way to view who enrolled a user to a course? Either by sis upload or manual added/invited to a course? Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Recently, all pdf files that I download from the Canvas LMS are sent straight to my "downloads" folder and are then automatically opened in Acrobat. While I appreciate the simplicity of that process, I would prefer to be able to browse and select the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Capturing Pre-Test Data---preserving scores for data comparison, but allowing students a participation grade. Putting in ungraded quizzes does not preserve scores. I have visited with Canvas support and they have no solutions for me. I am sure others...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This is in old quizzes..  no idea about New Quizzes. When a user cancels the creation of a quiz, it still creates one. This behavior is not seen with assignments or modules or discussions. I do note that the +Quiz button does enter a title (Unnamed Q...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way that I can find out what quiz types are used across the institution?  I am trying to find out which quizzes are being used.  Is there any way I can do this with an LTI call?  Any advice on how I can poll this type of data would be ve...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Not sure if it is just me, but recently my to-do list stopped showing the class name with the assignment (card view). Also, in card view, I customized all my classes to be pink, but they all keep changing back to this ugly purple color (#85676b) ever...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Canvas Page that when I save it it add "-2" at the end of the title even though I did not type "-2" into the Page Title field. Why is this happening and how can I get rid of or prevent this issue?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone else had the experience that when just exploring the Attendance tool, it created an assignment?  It was very disconcerting to find that an assignment was created when I did not explicitly create one!   Is there some way to adjust the Atten...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone, I have been searching for days to find a solution to disable an internal tool provided by default in Canvas. In this instance I am trying to get rid of "Syllabus". I found another post that contained this JavaScript code (which worked) t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an IT analyst trying to assist a student with recording video replies in Canvas discussions. When replying, there is an option to upload or record media. On macOS in both Safari and Chrome the student is able to pull up the window to begin record...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

For some reason,  Speedgrader is showing a letter grade C when the total points from the assignment rubric are 75. i want Speedgrader to show the points - can anyone help me please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to post my initial reply (first posting) for my professors Discussion but It's taking hours to save and post. It has a powerpoint attached so maybe that's why its taking so long but I've tried multiple times and it will not post.  What do ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get an advisor? I am a special sessions student in the MILS program. I want to take certain classes and I am having a hard time figuring out what to do.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know of a way in which I can remove all concluded enrollments across all courses? Currently all previous enrollments are showing in course numbers as 'concluded enrollments'. I need to remove these as it is effecting data and manually rem...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students are submitting assignment via email, and Google drive. How to update the assignment as received in canvas

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to add students to a course.  This is a simple routine task. Today after adding the email, verifying or providing the student name and setting the role to Student, I receive a red error message that says INTERNAL ERROR.  The class needs to beg...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use Canvas on a PC with either Chrome or Firefox browser.  I have 16:9 monitors.   In the Canvas Inbox, I would like the left pane, the one where you can see what messages you have received, to be wider so I can see more of the subject line. I have...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've missed a few assignments because canvas will mark a module/week section as "Completed All Items" with a green checkmark, when in fact I've missed softchalks entirely.  Is there a fix for this on the way?    Sometimes canvas will wait to mark an ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies