Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

This innovation is proposed by Professor David Halahmy at Cypress College:  It would be very helpful to have the overall grade of a student visible while you are on Speedgrader.  Currently, if you want to see the overall grade of your students as you...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For the last two or three weeks, when I try to upload any Microsoft Word document, or PowerPoint, or pdf for my AP Environmental Science class, I get the following message: "Something went wrong, check your connection and try again." I have to conver...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor and I would like to see my student participation analytics to see when they attended class and the hours they were logged into the classroom.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble with emailing my people in one of my classes. I am not receiving any emails either   Karen M. Lee

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I am trying to add more boxes to the home page of my course however when I copy and paste from another box the link comes of course attached. When I try to edit the link the format of the box disappears   Any tricks ?   Many thanks Alex

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Pretty basic feature, not sure why it's not already implemented....  When students upload files for assessment, there is a limit set by Canvas. Simply, list this limit, next to the submission button.  I can't tell you how many emails I get about file...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am trying to access a student's quiz in SpeedGrader, but I'm unable to do so. I just get a spinning wheel. I can access all other student quizzes, but just not this one. Here's what it looks like:   Any idea as to what I can do? Best, Julie

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am an LMS admin and we are moving from Blackboard to Canvas. I configured the Skillsoft LTI 1.1 in Canvas based on the parameters the vendor provided. It's the same Launch URL, key/secret that we use in Blackboard. There are no custom parame...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Suddenly, we are seeing strange behavior from the Savvas external tool integration.  When teachers create the assignment & select "External Tool" submission type, they are able to select Savvas and pick their Savvas assignment. However, when saving t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My teachers are not able to create Google Assignments today. We are able to select "Google LTI" as submission type, access the Google Drive, and select a file.  However, when we press the button to return to Canvas, we receive this error: "One or mor...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Is there a way to add links in the comment section of SpeedGrader? I use a Microsoft Form in an assignment, some students overlook this aspect of the assignment, and I would like to be able to add the link into the comments for incomplete grades.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2022 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I would like to set my courses on Canvas to automatically play some videos in a sequence, that are posted on the modules page. For exemple: One class has 2 videos, I'll put them seperatelly on modules, so that the student can "mark as conclude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I uploaded a video and we can not watch the video. Message the Video is uploaded and will appear after processing

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an Ed Tech at a university Continuing Ed program and am looking at different LMS systems for our courses. We are looking to sell 100% asynchronous, self-serve courses that allow for an "Amazon-like" consumer experience. The target market is exte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with downloading everything from Canvas. The context is that I'm a final year uni student and I want to download all my course notes and data, because I will lose access to it after graduat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Moodle they had a very cool feature I miss dearly and I don't think Canvas has it. So I have cross-listed courses (beginning photo 6th, beginning photo 5th, beginning photo 6th). I need to download submissions for their projects (there are 6 files...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently in order to pre-add quiz time to students with accommodations one has to add the time through Moderate Quiz, and that is only available when the quiz is in Published state.  Can this be changed so that ALL quiz settings can be adjusted in U...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Not sure if this has been brought up previously, but the moment a quiz is published, students can see the number of questions on the quiz. This should not be a default. I don't want my students to know how many questions are on the exam until they op...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am wondering if assignments can have multiple text entry fields, or if there are plans to add this feature to Canvas assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

All of my course cards and banners are gifs, but they no longer animate. I switched them out for Easter, and when I switched back to the original image, it would no longer animate. If I switch back to the Easter picture, it no longer animates either,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to contact our CSM? Help on this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HELLO, our instructure canvas "https://americana.instructure.com/" is extremely slow since 12/04, pages takes 20 to even 30 to 45seconds to charge now, can you guys help me see if its a acount problem or a user problem, what can i do?  already tested...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm analyzing API events from Canvas instance.  I see "assignement_group_created" but never "assignment_group_updated".  In a course, I created an assignment group, edited assignments, edited group name, lowest and highest scores, and moved the group...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I started my Canvas course in January for our transfer center at a community college. We generate the roster for data throughout the semester to see how many students have joined. Is it possible to filter the roster after a specific date so we can do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to convert Classic Quizzes in Canvas from an exported QTI file into a Word document. Is there any conversion software out there that does this?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Looking for posted faculty notice to individuals- where do I find this calendar or assignment list?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students just told me that they can see the Big Button Conference in the interface Canvas. How to fix that. Please help me out. There is a cross on it saying that it is invisible to students. Delille

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas have any tools for developing adaptive assessments? Can we post series of questions that are presented, or not presented, depending on a student's response to a previous question?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot take quiz and test on canvas app. When I start the quiz is just keep loading, I can't see the questions in quiz and Test. I wait for a long time, still can't take it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Starting yesterday, Canvas changed the HTML code that is generated for external tools. In my case, my Canvas class makes extensive use of Cay Horstmann's excellent CodeCheck tool. Prior to yesterday, the code generated by Canvas when inserting an ext...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies