Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm having an issue with calendar entries.  When an event is created, the time does not remain on the entry and doesn't show on the calendar. I've tried on multiple faculty calendars, a student calendar, and my calendar.  Anyone else having this issu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had an issue where the Canvas Assignment for a test, I couldn't submit it because it said specifically "Submit Failed, please try again". How do I fix this issue, and prevent it in the future?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am receiving an alert that states the question in my quiz could be considered bullying by some students and I should consider rephrasing. This alert is being attached to the question in the quiz and the students see this alert when they are reading...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello Community, I have a few questions on Public access it isn't clear to me based on the existing guides, it would be good if someone has gone through this process and can offer some advice. In this guide it states "Public Course Index is currently...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

new student, email sent code to confirm, bur does not respons to confirm it. Help!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1. I have not been asigned my course section for Corporate governance course- A, B, C or D?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is my personal email account connected to my Canvas. I am a college student and have taken courses with various institutions. I keep seeing to contact the school's local admin but my admin varies. I need to get into my account to complete an exa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I’m trying to pick colors for my courses. I chose the HTML color codes I wanted and applied them to each class, but then when I leave the calendar page it automatically reverts to whatever color is closest in the sample selection Canvas provides. Wha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm the admin of our Canvas instance and one of my teachers is not able to see the course navigation menu, when others are able to see it. Where I go to make sure he can see the menu that the other teachers can see?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I write an email to the entire class by selecting a course and selecting "All in Students" the "Send an individual message to each recipient" checkbox is selected and will not allow me to unselect it. As a result I get an email listed individual...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I used to be able to click on a student's name in the gradebook and a window would pop open telling me their current grade and how many assignments are missing. Where did it go? Please bring it back. I use that all day every day.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I try to change the hex code of the cards for my assignments on the dashboard and I pick a bright color and save, it shows on the card but when I refresh the page, it is a much darker version of the same color. I would really like this to be fix...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-07-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Last night I was grading and it seems a Canvas update happened. In grade book, I used to be able to clock on a student name and have the individual student pane pop up on the right side, and in that pane I was able to see the last 10 graded assignmen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2022 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 Replies

When students resubmit assignments, the system no longer shows it as such on the teacher side. It just identfies them as Draft. This means I need to reopen every one or ask a student to email me that an assignment has been resubmitted. Can this be pu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a civics teacher who is giving a Quiz in Canvas.  Most of his students' scores are transferring nicely to the Gradebook in Canvas, however random students are not posting.  To get their scores the teacher needs to get into the quiz and click o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a reason why Speedgrader may be slow lately from the back end? High speed connection at home and at school, grading used to be a breeze. But I find I'm waiting 10-15 seconds for student submissions (images) to load, and every few students th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a student who was in my class and took a canvas test. They got a schedule change and moved into a different teachers class. They are no longer in my Canvas course, but I did not have time to grade their test. Is there a way to recover their te...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Does anybody have SQL that produces the following data? 8761c487-164d-4220-8548-898948e48aa0.png (988×415) (screensteps.com) This image comes from the following article: What is Canvas Data Services? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com) Sorry in a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Jeg har en student som har glemt passord sitt for innlogg i Canvas. Han har fått «Glemt passord» og fått en e-post med link for å tilbakestille passordet. Når han trykker på den ble han sendt tilbake til innloggingssiden, hvor han på nytt må trykke "...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi We currently use SIS to import our users and enrollments. Can someone tell me if the term of a course has been completed, do you still need to include those users in the SIS import? For example, once our Year 12 students depart the school, do we h...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I try to insert a photo onto my canvas quiz it shows up as a grey box rather than displaying the photo. I have attached a photo of what it looks like.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I added the SCORM Cloud app to my free account, but it isn't showing up anywhere on my Canvas pages.  Does it usually take a while for the app to show up?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a teacher, is there a way to turn due dates off so that whenever I create a new assignment so that it will not have a due date? I was using free Canvas before, but now I am on a paid account with my institution. On the free account however it was ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Early on into the course, I could see and communicate with other students in MAT 107.   For some reason that does not appear to be an option,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to download version 13.6 of PostgreSQL for Windows for the Data Engineering certificate course I am working in, and I keep getting an error stating it could not contact the server. I've tried multiple times, reboots, etc. and can't get it...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are developing JavaScript for our Canvas theme, and in the course of this development we use the browser console for logging events, methods, objects and so on. Calls to the console.log() method have always resulted in console messages which inclu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I am grading in Quizzes, there is a box below the student's response for the instructor to write an "additional comment".  I was so excited used it for the first time this semester because I appreciated the continuity of seeing my feedback direc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, I have a student with whom I'm using Cengage's MindTap. While the grades carryover, it's not the MindTap grades that concern me. We've put together separate/custom course of sorts for her. The rest of the class is doing, say, 20 assignments t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies