Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am beginning the process of setting up subaccounts for our college.  I was encouraged to do this for reporting purposes for assessing program outcomes.  I am trying to understand the process and have some questions and hope I can explain well eno...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas Admins,  We have deployed Proctorio globally in our environment. I was asked to pull data of Proctorio usage.  Has anyone conquered this task of gathering data of what courses have used Proctorio within a given semester? Thank you!   Kar...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We run many courses in our Canvas account and I'm able to "hide" or unstar the course itself when it concludes. However, the calendar for all courses are always visible and continue to open when I click on the calendar icon. Is there a way to remove ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is anyone else experiencing this today or has anyone found or heard anything from Canvas/Instructure about this???To be clear, this is happening when, in any course where I have SCORM enabled, I click on SCORM in the course navigation. Where usually ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to copy a "New Quiz" from one course to another and every time I copy it over, the content does not come with it.  The name and amount of points are all that carry over.  None of the questions copy.  What am I missing? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Many of my assignments throughout the year did not require a due date.  I also have many imported assignments that I have never actually used that do not have die dates.  These are no appearing in my assignments list when I sort it to Marking Period ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning: I looked in the Canvas guide and am trying to specifically identify the percentages of faculty/student interactions.  As of right now, I have been simply looking at the Teacher Activity Report. Is this the only place to view this?  Is t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello Canvas Community, I was hoping I could pick your brains please? We have a course which is actually many individual courses in one. So, in fact each Canvas module is a stand alone course. To help identify pages in the Pages section (i.e. which p...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Just wondering if I have too grandiose dreams... Is it possible to create a "mashup" Front page where we have text (like a regular Page in Canvas) at the top, and the listing of the modules below it..? See example below. Canvas offers us much more op...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

One of our schools uses an external system for exams where students are anonymous to faculty members. They enter their grade for the exam and never see the student's name or ID. We would like the students to be able to take exams with anonymous gradi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My courses are divided into quarters. I want my gradebooks to only show assignment groups from the current quarter, Q4. Even using the grading period filter, I am still seeing a bunch of groups from earlier quarters. None of their assignments are in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Lately, every time I try to access the Canvas Community, I want to pull my hair out!  While already logged into Canvas, I click on the Help option to Search the Guides.  I try to post a question and it tells me that I'm not logged in.  I follow the p...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello. I opened a Canvas account yesterday for an ESOL course that I will be teaching for our adult education program. However, my homepage looks different than my future co-worker's. Now I see that I opened it with 'K-12' as the organization type, i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add a bar similar to the one in the picture? Is this a new feature?    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our learning community faculty are assigned to grade groups of student assignments (10 students in a group). Is there any way for Canvas to notify individual faculty that a student in their group has submitted their assignment for grading?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to enter an arc symbol over letters in new quizzes? I have tried entering the workaround in both the question body and answer choices. I have tried to put it in MathQuill as well, but I am not having much luck. The workaround I have be...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have posted items in Pages, which are published. All of my students tell me that they get an error message that they do not have permission, how do I fix this

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am confusing for introduction date and time, please advise There are 2 period of time on Web annoncement : Mar28 12:00pm-1:00pm or 07:00pm-08:00pm or I can select only one period or I need to attend for both period.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas Support Team, I am an IT Technician with Crimson Education trying to help our staff ready for accreditation season. Our IT team received a request to bulk export all assignments submitted by 4 specific students with SpeedGrader annotations ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the Discussion purpose as a new user... As instructor, I posted a question in my course under discussions. Several students posted replies, but they can only see my initial entry, not that of the other students. Is this ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 16 Replies

After multiple attempts to enroll a certain student, I continually receive the below ERROR CODE and I am not allowed to enroll the student:     The following users could not be created. EMAIL OF STUDENT: The email address provided conflicts with an e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, When I log into my free teacher account at https://canvas.instructure.com/login/canvas, I am directed to my institution's account. The goal is to edit my course pages in the free teacher account. Once I like the revisions, then export these ch...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a course as an individual and I don't have a school name. I was able to enable the link for open enrollment but this only allows the students to access the course via the web. They cannot access it on the app because I do not have a school....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All,I intend to save my designed poster containing text hyperlinks as a png or jpg file (and not save as PDF), such that through these image files I'm able to access the hyperlinks attached to the text. Kindly guide me on the same.Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When we upload our PDF slides for BigBlueButton sessions, the slides will sometimes "glitch" and look different from the PDF version we have. In particular, random photos will rotate 90-degrees, the bullets will change to a different type of bullet, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, All my enrolled units have spamming pop-up requests to complete feedback surveys every time a new page loads. It is distracting and becoming a nuisance and deterring me from visiting canvas. I just want access to my unit modules and not hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.  I have coursework due and unfortunately, I am unable to login. I have submitted multiple time for the forgot password without ever receiving a reset password email. I have been checking spam and retrying for days without a win. I am enrolled ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi community,   I hope you and your loved ones are well and healthy. Is it possible to configure the "roll attendance" tool to show specific days? Typical sessions meet on either Mon/Wed/Fri or Tues/Thurs. I would like to have the option to configure...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I have not been added to the buddy group.What can I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So Canvas "updated" the gradebook to this new filter system, and I really hate it. It doesn't work half the time, and when they're not loading it displays the grades for the entire year for all my students. Just want to know if I can "undo" this upda...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies