Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have been experiencing Mastery Path Issues since the beginning of the semester, and none of them got answered so far.  Are you still providing support to my institution?What is the estimated response time?08523214 - the student is unable to access ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  Is new analytics available in public courses? I have it enabled and it doesn't seem to be collected data? If NA is not available for public courses, is there a means to get Course Activity like page views?    Thanks

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have completed my first micro-credential. Was advised I'd receive an email with a link to Credly to accept my badge. I haven't received an email. I have created an account with Credly but can't find anything helpful there either. How do I receive m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello! i'm a student, and my canvas is typically set to list view, as it is easier for me to see all my assignments. up until today, all my classes have been color coded and synced with the colors I set in the calendar (i did this from card view at t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is it possible to create an assignment with peer reviews when there is no student submission to Canvas?  I use Flipgrid to have students create videos and comment on their peers' videos, and I would like to randomly assign peer reviews for them. Howe...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello, Was wondering if anyone might have some great ideas for taking attendance in an online sync class.  Our school requires attendance, but I am driving myself crazy with trying to keep track of students who attend, come in late, leave early, etc....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can my instructor or teacher see the first file I've submitted or just the recent one that I resubmitted?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have students who are unable to view YouTube videos which have been embedded within Canvas courses. The YouTube videos have been approved for students to view from the video URL.The students are able to view the video from YouTube itself.The embed...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have an Honors English IV class that is going to be online. I would like to 1) have a contract grading system where students choose the assignments and reading selections they would like to do to earn a certain grade; Assignments would be given dif...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,  In ALL my canvas courses my students keep disappearing. I will go to put in grades and there are no students there. Everyone still shows up in the courses on PowerSchool which is what enlists the students so I don't know why they would disapp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have made comments for students about their work in SpeedGrader in the comments section and throughout using the dot marker.. However students are telling me they can't see their comments. How can they view these please?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

In Modules, when I attempt to download a pdf my instructor has posted, I get 3 options when I click the download icon to the right of the file name; Preview, Download, and Alternative Formats. When I click Download (with Chrome settings for PDF Docum...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We were having our exam on canvas, and you know how teachers/proctors can monitor if you actually left the canvas, right? It was also a synchronous exam which means that while answering online, we're also on a zoom meeting, so the teachers would be a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

no puedo acceder a cursos ayuda por favor    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,   I'm not sure if this is available using the API or if something easier exists, but we run multiple universities/cohorts and need a fast effective way to check that all grades are posted in the GradeBooks. This currently takes hours of time u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Por qué  mi tablero esta bloqueado?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what do I do after I have finished a course? do I wait or press a button to say that I've finished this course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the maximum duration for a live session? We have sessions that go over 9hrs, as we don't stop the session for breaks. The session automatically ends before the conference is stopped by the presenter.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there, I am working on using the new quizzes on Canvas. I am trying to create a bank of questions, but when I create the bank, there's no where for me to add in the question. Does this mean I need to create all my questions in the quiz, important ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

People have been asking for years (since at least 2018) for the ability to mute or unmute an individual student's mark - without releasing or hiding the marks for the entire class. I thought I would try bringing it up again as there doesn't seem to h...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I do not see my modules for my class that began today, but was able to see the announcement, so I know the class started already. There are assignments coming up but I have no access to the modules/chapters.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between a threaded and a focused discussion? When you say you can set it up for podcast what does that mean?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Among our students there are groups that need simple IT-solutions. A math teacher has asked me to find a solution so that his students do not need to copy-paste questions or download and upload a Word document. He wants a simple form/template that th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

As an admin, can I pin a course on all users dashboard? Thanks!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there,  I want to post grades and comments for the majority of my students for an assessment. There are a number of students who are being investigated for collusion or plagiarism, but have had marks and comments submitted by markers. How do I avo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Currently, I'm having multiple trainers who mark a student's work assign a score in the box in speed grader and leave a comment, however, when they open the grade book it says the assessment is not marked. They try and change it multiple times howeve...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Is there a way for a teacher to receive a notification once a student adds a comment after the teacher has already graded and submitted feedback and the grade? It appears that if a student adds a comment to an assignment already graded a notif...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi ~ I inadvertently posted to my own Discussion page for this week.  Now I am unable to show my work in the 1st instance for fellow student comment.  Is there a way I can delete my posting?   Wish there was a telephone number I could call ... 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Did submit term test on time, push submit button on time, exam did not shut down or something? But says "late" on grades next to term test? What are the implications on technical issues like that? Deducting of marks? Please Help

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added my rubric before I made it a turnitin assignment just like always. I forgot to check the box so that the rubric automatically transfers the grade (btw I think that should just be checked automatically... why else would I add a rubric to Canva...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies