Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, A teacher in our school would like to collect data on how frequently a particular file in a Canvas course has been downloaded. The "User Access Report" found in Admin > Setting > Report seems to provide this, with columns for "Content Type", "...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My video says unable to process.  Why? I recorded it with the canvas Webcam. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of our instructors encountered the Select Rubric dropdown seen in the image below and was wondering why it was there. It is only showing up for one student's submission in the Speedgrader. I've never encountered this before and have not been able...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My community college is new to Canvas. We would like to set up a role for librarians. For those that have created a librarian role in their schools, what permissions have you granted? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Please complete

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I’m am trying to go back to some old courses and read through my work and I can’t find them all. Classes that I have taken a long time ago are showing up but classes I took last year won’t show up. I went to the all courses tab and the classes I’m lo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create a form that the TEACHER completes?   I need to have a Teacher fill out a Progress Report for each learner when they sit down and have a meeting with them.  It's not tied to a Course, but to the Learner.   Even a repeatable su...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If the discussion is set to "users must post before seeing replies," is there a way to allow the students to still see replies from their instructor? Many of our instructors like to post a "starter post" in their weekly discussions but we have them s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

 Harvard Business School uses this in its modules. I have searched all LTI apps and can't find it. Has anyone seen similar? I found it a great tool for collaboration. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are having trouble with canvas on our ipad. We have been using it to access our children’s accounts since September with no issues. Now it won’t load eith of their accounts. We can’t see their dashboard, courses or anything. We have checked our se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm looking for an option to create a quiz (say 10 questions) and have the lowest score (like question #4) be dropped from the grade automatically. This could be in Classic Quizzes or New Quizzes. I know that the lowest quiz can be dropped, but is th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have assignments due the day term ends. I don't want those assignments to count for third term; rather, I want it to be on fourth term's grades. If a student is absent I don't want them to get a 0, and I want to give students a chance to do late wo...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The link to the 3/16 deploy notes on the Canvas Releases page here in the community comes up as page not found. @erinhmcmillan (sorry if you weren't the right person to tag)

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My school district is migrating from Schoology to Canvas. Our teachers have created rubrics in Schoology and would like to import them into Canvas.  Does anyone have a workflow that has worked for them? Is this even possible? I've been researching th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Need simple guide to question types in New Quizes CategorizationEssayFile UploadFill in the BlankFormulaHot SpotMatchingMultiple AnswerMultiple ChoiceNumericOrderingTrue or False

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a way to stop having notifications of Canvas messages come to my company inbox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been accessing Canvas via Safari for nearly 2 years now and have never had a problem with it. Recently every time I access canvas using Safari, the dashboard page never loads and the module boxes appear as grey boxes as if they are loading. Th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Currently I am designing quizzes which allow maximum of 3 attempts.  For some quizzes, out of 10 questions, students only answer 1 question wrongly. However, when they take a second attempt, the screen shows all the questions in the quiz.  I want the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am confused about which calculation method to use when setting up a rubric in Outcomes for a moderated grading assignment. Since multiple graders will be submitting scores using the rubric for each student, I think the n number of times method will...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I upload a photo?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I attempt to submit an assignment too Canvas I do so using a pdf file. However, when I click, "choose file" in the submission box, nothing happens. My files don't drop, and I am not able to choose any file whatsoever.   This is how my submissio...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have had issues inviting students to the course via email.  Sometimes its the email not going through to their inbox.  Even if they search for it, they still can't find it. I also had a student lose her access to her account and was not able to reg...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have a Free-For-Teachers teacher account. The contents of some tabs like ASSIGNMENTS, PEOPLE, SETTINGS have disappeared for four days. I found some similar topics, tried the suggestions but in vain. Really look forward to further assistance in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi @karl  We are building an app to be listed in EduApp center, I see the extensions or app placement has been changed in Canvas.I was trying to add an app in "Editor of RCE" but the app never appeared. Has anything changed?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a canvas integration where we obtain access tokens using the refresh_token flow. Per Canvas REST API docs we have to have Canvas admin generate a dev key and then on our side (as integration providers), hold on to client_id and client_secret....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We're having a problem with Canvas Inbox/Canvas Messages, whatever it's called.  Our kids are using it essentially as a replacement for texting, which in itself isn't a major problem--whether it's passing notes, texting, emailing, writing on a Google...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, When I press on any of the tabs on the left hand side of the page (account, dashboard, courses calendar inbox and history) they don't load up and are blank. I have tried re loading the page and closing and opening the website. I have never had...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to delete student submissions within Canvas?It would be very handy if there was an option.   Abbie

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'd like to know where and how do I submit my assignments. Thank you, From Debbie  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies