Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm a student. canvas doesn't load in for me and I can't access any of my courses right now. there is nothing wrong with my university account because I can log into all the other platforms. this has been a problem for a few days now. I thought canva...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear Sir/Mdm,  I am a student of SUSS(Singapore University of Social Science), Singapore. After last Thursday's Seminar 3, I am unable to access my lecturer's slides despite her uploading it on that very evening. I have attached a screenshot of the p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are teachers able to access Canvas Free while in China now?  We have been unsuccessful accessing Canvas Free while in China.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hey, I am having problems with accessing to my class. My professor says he sent me the invitation, but as i open canvas (i logged in from my google account with free for teacher), and it doesnt show any course, any invitation, and i dont know what to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, this is a student at SJSU and I'm currently experiencing an issue that the cards in Canvas wouldn't connect me to my classes. It keeps saying empty card whenever I click on it. I missed a class last time because of this. What is more, I couldn't ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, if I have an inactive Module with numerous items, some of which are deliberately inactivated, others not, upon activating the Module, all items become activated. This means I have to [once again] inactivate those items I do not *cur...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Buenos días, esta semana no he podido acceder a mis asignaturas desde el Canvas cuando lo abro en Safari que es el navegador que normalmente uso.  Sin embargo, cuando lo abro en otro navegador o desde la app en mi móvil, sí que puedo acceder con norm...

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am a Student. The pdf previews aren't working for Canvas on PC. I am using Chrome (and even updated it). I also tested it out on Firefox and Microsoft Edge and doesn't work. Every time I press "preview", the blue circle is just infinitely th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor of many Canvas courses. After many semesters of using Canvas, I have many, many videos in My Media. I would like to arrange them into a folder structure. (Unfortunately, the "tags" in My Media do not solve this problem, because I c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

is there a way to post a comment to a submission that is visible to the instructor and graders but not visible to the student?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am working on an external app that uses the canvas API and also involves LTI. So there needs to be some sort of secure exchange with user/client of them giving us a canvas api key (and canvas instance url), and us giving them an LTI key & secre...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to view how much time a student spends completing a task or viewing a page? This data would help instructors fine-tune the instructional hours per module or week in noncredit and CBE courses. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to set instructor notifications so we know when a student has been added to or dropped from the active roster through the SIS?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to find the documentation on students viewing instructor feedback. I've located a couple of pointer in questions and in the student guide (see below) but they're all returning to the home page. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Gu...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The dashboard of canvas stopped loading in Safari (webbrowser) on my ipad air (ios 12). I also tried with Google Chrome on the Ipad, but had the same problem. Please make canvas compatible with the older apple products.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am aware of how to add a previously used rubric to a new assignment. But when I do so, it does not allow me to use the rubric for grading. For example, my students have a weekly reflection assignment. The rubric for the reflection remains the same,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I logged in to canvas and my dashboard is blank...I donut see my courses, or anything ...please help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot open my canvas. The interface kept flashing. What should I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The blue "take the quiz" button does not appear below my quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our district IT has decided to block Flickr, and as a result some of our courses have had all of their images blocked for students (but not staff), since they were created with the old Canvas Rich Text Editor that pushed people to Flickr for stock im...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Wondering if anyone has encountered this?  A teacher edited a Due Date to an assignment on the Teacher App.  He had a very long, formatted Assignment description that had been composed on the web client.  He says that after changing the date and savi...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have a free instructor account. I want to make it so that as students complete my course, a certificate of completion is automatically generated and sent to them. So that I do not have to manually do it for each student, and also so that the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've just added my theme to my canvas account, but the theme isn't applying to quizzes. For example links should be dark red (they are for all other pages, discussions and assignments), but in my quizzes they are purplish-blue. The submit button is a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have two canvas accounts and neither have been working for two days now. I can login and it brings me to the main page but it is just a white screen. When I click on Courses or Calendar, etc.  nothing will show up. I can't see my classes or do my w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm posting some video quizzes for my students and planning on turning on the "no seeking forward" option. If a student goes back to watch the video a second time at a later date, will Canvas remember that they have watched it already and allow them ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If I have a technical problem with Canvas who should I contact?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment to complete and when I went to the Dropbox to check the document with instructions for the assignment, Canvas said I already submitted for it and had someone else’s file/document for it. I haven’t submitted anything on my behalf ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to add Slack on my contact setting in my account but I never receive any confirmation code nor there any option to resend or change the email address. Can someone help with this? Thanks  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just recently changed my major and I was in a extracurricular group for my initial major. I do not want to be in the group anymore and I also do not want to email someone to take me out of it cause #awkward. I keep getting reminders and it comes up...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm building a quiz from scratch. In the past I used question banks. I am trying to create some multiple choice questions, but I can't see how I "tell" Canvas which choice is the correct answer.  Before, once I had a quiz done with questions from a b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies