Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I want students to see a brief disclaimer with a typed acknowledgement when they first enter class, but before they actually see the modules. Is this possible?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have already disabled comments on announcements, but it does not seem to work--I have gotten comments any way.   Is there any way to stop this?  Thank you.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas - I'm noticing recently that links to Canvas Guides here in Community posts have a different font than other links do. The new font is hard to read and does not seem to meet accessibility expectations: the text for lengthy guide titles is in a...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do a submit an assignment  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

These were the instructions my instructor gave me: Click the course OFSY541 on your Dashboard. If you don’t see it on your Dashboard, click the Courses and select the OFSY541. Unfortunately I cannot find OFSY541 on my dashboard

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to add a search widget to an existing faculty help site so faculty could search Instructure Community without leaving familiar surroundings. Wondering if anyone has already done this, whether there's an API, etc. Thanks for any info!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can students see the due dates for assignments restricted by Mastery Paths? Students can't see Mastery Path assignments in their syllabus. This needs to be fixed.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Tengo un curso con 10 módulos y quiero que algunos estudiantes solo tengan acceso del modulo 1 al 5 , es posible ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have recently started running into issues with student submissions of embedded Nearpods. We have found that at the completion of the assignment students have to close out the tab for it to properly submit. However, about 1 out of every 20 shows up...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just noticed recently that when I would input a zero into an assignment for a student who had not turned in the work it would automatically change the status from "Missing" to "None".  Now when students look for missing work, they do not see those ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student did not submit a quiz. Both SpeedGrader and Show Student Quiz Results list no attempt. Yet in the student's user profile under Page Views one of the lines is https://asu.instructure.com/api/v1/courses/107021/quizzes/805467/submission. If th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you are using the IC student and parent portals, are you able to provide a link within the portal for Canvas?  We are hoping to avoid parents having to have two separate logins, one for each product.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Even with comments disabled my students are able to reply to announcements.  This just recently started to occur.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

We're looking to incorporate a progress bar in our lessons so that students can see how far along they are. Is there a partner who is able to do this, or is the best option to create images of progress bars and manually include them?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Ola! Um Card não esta mais aparecendo no painel de controle e nem na parte de cursos, e eu preciso dele novamente, o que posso estar fazendo para fazer aparecer ou procurar? TRANSLATED FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATE Card/Card in control panel is gone Hello! A...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I saw that List enrollments API call gives couple of user information like id, name etc., Is it possible to  retrieve the user email address in the same object? Some queries like ?include[]=email.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can i assign Teacher to a Course when i create or update a new course using API. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have had nothing but trouble getting this to work. It really shouldn't be this hard. I'm using the New Quiz module. I set both the student's "due" time and "available until" time to accommodate their extra time (incidentally, why is there a separat...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

From what I can see, Canvas's admin attendance feature only records students that are marked as present or absent for a given period, it does not document students whose status has not been recorded. This forces someone to manually comb through cours...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students who submit (upload) an assignment in a .cpp file extension format for a computer science course are not able to download the assignment as a .cpp file.  The download automatically downloads as a .pdf file.    Image of student .cpp submission...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is this page out of date - it shows I am on a MAC and i am not.... https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/What-are-the-browser-and-computer-requirements-for-Canvas/ta-p/66 Is there a better page to sent students and instructors to abo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm so tired of having to mark individual assignments missing- one at a time. Especially teaching a class where 1/3 to 1/2 the class does not turn in assignments on time. I would love to mass assign the missing designation with a "zero" for missing a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm getting an error message and it references the student by number(which I found under people), but it also references the assignment 'number' which I have not been able to find.  Anyone else?  I've posted the error message below. Could anyone tell...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When a pdf is posted on the Syllabus page, all of the links in the pdf become unusable. Please advise.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas Universe, I'm looking for a way that I can easily check who has submitted the full number of posts required for a discussion activity. For example, an initial post and reply to someone else (2 posts total) is required. I would love to be...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

If I give students with accommodations additional time on a Canvas exam in the quiz section (let's say the exam is 90 minutes, 1-2:30pm, and I'm giving students with accommodations until 3:15pm to complete it), but I set the due date/time at the time...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Could anyone please advise how you can change the font colour of bullet points numbering when used within a cell in a table as below?  As currently, I do not appear to change their colour to match the text font colour (example below).  Many thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there an API to update sub-account theme colors and logo?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Wondering if there is anyway to stop students downloading files. So, when I upload a document into a page and set it to preview inline, it shows that little download arrow, I want to be able to remove that so they cant download the file. Any clues...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I would like to suggest that the Inbox feature can be disabled at instructor's discretion. Having a second source of communication doubles our effort to catch up with students' communication. I already know that Canvas thinks it is crucial to keep it...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-14-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies