Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Moving a single question is easy, as shown here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-move-or-copy-a-question-from-one-item-bank-to-another/ta-p/584 But what about mutlple questions? This process is tedious as I'm trying move ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a glitch with having "correct answer comments" and "wrong answer comments" sometimes not showing up after students have completed a classic quiz in Canvas? The quiz settings allow students to view their quiz responses and also the correct an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, we have a student who was in a course and did some work. They were then unenrolled and a few days later re-enrolled into the course. Their work does not appear. Is there a way to retrieve this work? We enroll and unenroll via SIS sync if that ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I don't have an option to post grades.  As you can see in the image below, the grades are all hidden.  How can I post grades?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Is there any way I can be prompted on keeping or replacing files when they're attached to pages I'm importing? I reuse a lot of assets between my various courses, but I also update my pages regularly. Sometimes when I update a page in Course A, I'll ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Good afternoon.   My child's school uses canvas.  I am signed up for notifications.   BUT  Whenever a grade is posted I get 1 email for "your assignment has been graded" and the link to login and the same minute another notification for "your assignm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I am editing a page's body field (HTML editor) and I add an empty div. For example: <div class="write-in-me-later"></div> Upon save this div is excised from the page, reopening the editor will find it missing.  Is there any way to prevent this rem...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, Like many of you, we have been using Zoom integrated with Canvas for quite sometime.  Our step up is pretty stable with minimal issues.  Zoom reporting through the LTI provides a method for instructors to see who attended the class session whe...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.  I'd like to put a link from my homepage to one of my Assignment Groups (under "Assignments"), without linking to any other assignments.  I'd even be happy to link to the Assignments page as I, the instructor see it (with the assignment groups se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find current contests? How do I create a contest?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When viewing a course calendar as a Teacher, is it possible to distinguish from the Calendar View between which assignments are published and which are not?  I know that each assignment can be opened and it is apparent, and the same is true in the As...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there- I'm developing an LTI 1.3 Tool, and am looking to test with Canvas. I've had a surprising amount of trouble try to get Canvas running through the Quick Start and other Docker/Vagrant/VM-based deployment methods… wondering if anyone has a re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to give one assignment that has limited (1) attempts for most of my students, but not all.  I had a student submit the wrong file and I want that one student to have another attempt so that she can turn in the right file.  An admin deleted her...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 17 Replies

1-     The design that I found the most difficult to grasp, and understand is the experimental design. It was stated that initially, the conditions or variables were set, but who is the one that gets to set and determine what qualifies as THE conditi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Suppose I have several assignments in particular group.  For each assignment, I've sets dates and times for Due At, Available From, and Available Until.  Before publishing these, I want to review all the dates and times to verify they are correct.   ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I can't view the scenarios on my ipad or my iphone, nor can I view them by entering from my browser. (Safari) I have updated my operating system  

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to produce a list of sort video to illustrate mathematics concepts as supplementary course material. I think that using bite-sized video, probably several minutes video, can engage students and let them easier to understand.  I know Canvas has...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Every time I click on the "Start Assignment" for any assignment, it doesn't do anything. It happened for one where we need to send a file and it also happened when we needed to reply.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Trying to create our own SBG gradebook and would love to call all of the outcome objects in a course at the same time. It looks as if I can only call one at a time if I want the full amount of information about that object. Thought I could make the o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Instructor, WOCNEC Experiential Pathway Program - Wound 2.0 I have completed all my assignments. Today last day of my course but i was unable to  access to complete wound exam 1 and Wound exam 2 shows course expired. I sent message to technical ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My late policy is that any assignment that is late takes a 10% penalty. It does not matter if it's 1 minute late or 2 weeks late, the penalty is always 10%. If a student submits an assignment graded as a 100%, but it's late, it's given a 90% final sc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just upgraded to macOS Monterey and found that I am no longer able to navigate or use the mouse in the file upload dialogue box. This is frustrating because I am stuck in a random folder and unable to select out of it to the desktop where the file I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a startup module in the beginning of all our courses. It is a pre-requisite for the rest of the modules. For a student taking multiple courses, having to do the startup module multiple times is a waste of time and unnecessary. What is the bes...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have posted an announcement today in a course module but I cannot locate it.  I know it was saved as I checked and then wanted to edit it.  I think I have posted in the wrong course/module by mistake.  Is there a way to search the announcements I h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use the roll call attendance feature. Is there any way to access data about which badges a student has received and, for example, how many times they have been marked with a specific badge? It's not included in the roll call export, and the only wa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the announcements from last year about the new Teams LTI, it was stated that scheduled meetings would appear in the Canvas course calendars. There is a comment in one of the threads (that has since been locked down) that this particular feature wo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have been teaching the same semester course for 2 years, 2 classes per year. I have always copied the previous semester's course with assignments at the start of the new semester. I had always unpublished all assignments and when I used the same as...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Does Canvas have a function where I can provide students in an online course a request for feedback in how the course is working for them where all the students responding remain anonymous to me, and to each other?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,      I legally changed my name in December after a divorce. I'm a parent observer in Canvas for my two kids. I need to update my name and username in Canvas. I don't have the ability to change anything in my profile. The school Canvas admin sa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Screenshot of postsI am an Instructional Designer. I understand when discussion questions are set up, they automatically order in most recent activity on top. As students reply to the question, the most recent activity continues to move to the top of...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies