Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm hoping to find a way to import section based deadlines. I manage a Canvas course with 115 students and 7 sections and around 50 assignments. Each section has custom Available and Due dates for each assignment since their labs meet on different ti...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Im using canvas API trying to create a "File" module item (sometimes called "Dropbox") where student can both download some file to edit, and then upload up there edited file (the file is probably some quiz) So I see that module item has. "File" t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, a student came forward with this problem: "In the Canvas calendar, when I make a calendar entry and later edit it, after saving the entry, it jumps to the previous day. Sounds like a bug - can it be fixed?" I don't get this same problem when I ed...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to enroll new users as student/teacher. from the course setting I have enabled the self registration for students. In the available tutorials I see that there is a checkbox for new users. but in my case I see no such checkboxes. And in so...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have had an open ticket for several weeks and have yet to be responded to. I'm not going to rehash the issue here, except to drop the case number, which is 08424292 Please check your helpdesk tickets. -RG

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I make anonymous discussion forums, and I'm not able to edit them after I've saved and published them. When I try to save the edit, the screen dims to a gray, faded screen, the loading circle continues to spin indefinitely, and no matter how long I w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i get a pairing code to open a canvas student account?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi as noted here too, two years ago: Solved: Survey results keep indicating 'correct answers ar... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com) In graded surveys (eg. for true false), the system automatically assigns "true" as the correct answer and it do...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I'm curious if anyone else uses the redirect tool to create custom links for course nagivation? And if so are you currently getting an error message when you click on the custom link? I've been using the redirect tool for well over a year now ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We're using Jenzabar for our Student Information System and we have it setup so it sends SIS uploads every hour. We're experiencing that once a trimester, one of the uploads that is sent hourly will be processed as a blank file (typically it's a sect...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I don't have the bar between the search box and the + Folder icon - there's nothing there, so I can't organize my files at all - how to I get those controls?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, I'm hoping someone will have an answer to this question because I am unable to find it online.  My students are needing some additional help so I want to do some videos for them using my iPad.  I want to use that because I can write on tha...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to figure out why when my students submit a quiz using the new quizzes, I am not getting a notification under my to-do list that notifies I have submissions to grade. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I was just helping a colleague with deleting folders in his course.  I decided to see if there was a warning message if a folder that had content was selected to be deleted.  The only message is the dialog box asking to confirm the deletion of the fo...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm working on some quizzes for a nursing course and we are using New Quizzes because of its ability to make multiple-answer questions be "all-or-nothing" (exact match). We switched to New Quizzes because Classic Quizzes was awarding partial credit f...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

c. 300 students have uploaded 4 PDF files each for an online Canvas 'quiz'.I want to bulk download these to mark them more efficiently. It seems that I do not have this option in Canvas: the 'download' option doesn't exist for me under Speedgrader or...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have customized my hosted site with my logo. Then I added the ssl certificate. Now all the changes that I made previously with css and js, are not working. I am also getting the mixed content error for both of my css and js files. In the tutor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I have been trying unsuccessfully for several hours to reset my password. Please help. ear1202@gmail.com.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can log into Canvas on my computer and access my classes, but cannot log in on my phone app. (I can log in on the website on my phone). From the app, it says "webpage unavailable" when I type and press on the school's name. If I press "forgot my pa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone here transitioned from Blackboard Ultra/Blackboard 9.1 to Canvas that would be willing to have a conversation about the experience? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When migrating a quiz from classic to new any question-level feedback for answering the question correctly is migrated as correct answer feedback overriding any existing answer-level feedback for that answer option and creating answer-level feedback ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HI A staff member is saying that they never turned off anonymity 'Graders cannot view student names' in an assignment. Is there any data in the background of canvas that records when and who changed this setting please? ta jim  

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Estimados estudiantes les saludamos desde la facultad de derecho de UMG  Iniciaremos la actividad docente vía virtual durante este semestre Les envío un archivo adjunto XXX EJERCICO. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm trying to use (and perhaps incorrectly) the Discussion feature to take attendance, which is also worth bonus points. Since there's no bonus point functionality, I've created the Discussion as zero points and then graded the discussion as .5 p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

No one has fixed my account yet.I can't access my school email account.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Teachers must have their courses ready for delivery 30 days in advance. I´m in need of a good report that can provide us with the information needed to assess the alignment with organizational policies. Specificly we are in need to pull the data out,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I stop school notification emails from being sent to grandparents? Thanks in advance.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We upload 200-300 new students every 2 weeks to one of a dozen courses. Is there a way to import only First Name, Last Name, and email address into Canvas through a CSV file?  The only things I can find require additional information such as user ID,...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our institution does not allow students to access course content after a course ends. Is there a setting that will allow students to view their course grades after the course concludes without also allowing them to view the course content? Going to C...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Undo the Gradebook Missing Status Removal In a recent Canvas update, the Missing label for submissions that have not been submitted online but that have received a manually entered grade has been removed. This is extremely problematic for me and othe...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies