Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Does new quizzes allow multiple part numeric questions?  Question #1  part a, b, c.... are all numeric answers? It appears it doesn't. This would be nice for STEM instructors.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas won't let me into exam. Keeps asking for access code when one has not been assigned. What can be done to resolve this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How Am I enrolled for a class one day and then all the suddenly, magically I’m not anymore the next day? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Looking at Hide LTI by default javascript  -- , how to find LTI Id using LTI 1.x Integrations? (unsure if LTI Id only exists with LTI 1.3 Integrations): https://github.com/KyleCole90/Canvas-Branding/blob/main/Javascript/Hide%20LTI%20by%20default.js

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

We have a recurring problem with Canvas Gradebook. Some time after a teacher has published grades for a quiz or assignment, they don't appear in the gradebook column. The column is instead grey, as if the grades were hidden. Opening the threedot-menu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have my canvas dashboard set up in the "list" view. This means all of my assignments and announcements are listed by the due date (or post date for announcements) like one big to-do list. All of the assignments and announcements are linked to the f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Is there an "exclude sources" option on turnitin? I can't seem to find it anywhere on Canvas. I am trying to follow the guideline here: https://help.turnitin.com/feedback-studio/turnitin-website/instructor/similarity-report-exclusions/excludin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to know any callback url feature is available into Canvas LMS API. because my requirement is when any course/account is update from Canvas Portal then notify our portal so we can add/update record into our database. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HI there, I have a student who's calendar keeps turning off - the coloured boxes on left hand side are unclicked - so she's missing assignment links and links to live classes.  Anyone else experienced this?  No other student in our school has the sam...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I graded an assignment.  Students state the comments are hidden . How do I make these visable?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I created a new 'fun' grading scheme for non formally assessed work. if they do the first thing, they 1 kudos point and if they do the second thing, they get 2 kudos points. When I grade the student the full text does not fit in the Speedgrader a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I finished taking a test for a class and it did not let me submit it. My teacher says I started the test 30 mins ago which is why it didn't let me submit but I actually did start way earlier than that, and the test wasn't showing at her end. What cou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted 2 assignments (1st draft and 2nd draft) but it's under the same assignment. Is there a way to see professor feedback on my first submission since I can only see the 2nd submission now? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

New to Canvas and first time posting a question in the Canvas Question forum. An instructor came to me asking for help with the following scenario... Instructor is using 'New Quizzes' and has incorporated essay questions in several quizzes for severa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I get an extension for submitting an assignment ? 

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I get this error for some students whenever they submit a Google Doc to an assignment: "Error while processing or retrieving the document" It seems to happen to the same handful of students; they are not all enrolled in the same course. They use the ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 18 Replies

I would like to add a staff member to a past subject but I receive the message "You do not have permission to use this tool"

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been trying to send course invitations from the course people section. Every time it shows me that the invitation has been sent but I dint get any emails. I have published the demo course before sending the invitations. Also in the course I di...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I not able to see my assignment tab ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone, I posted the following message awhile ago.  I did not specify then that I am using the Classic Quizzes feature since that is all we have access to at our institution.  I got a response to my original query that basically said what I want...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why the attendance column shows all 0s for all students even though I entered attendance multiple times already?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I use the same google account for a canvas student account but for the teacher account it does not work.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

(MODS: Please see edits before marking as "solved.") I have a category of grades in my class where, over the course of the semester, students need to score 250 points. The average score on these assignments will be between 20-25 points, though except...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

A students email has already been added to the course and the name/username was inputted incorrectly during registration how can it be changed when there is no admin access only teacher access. Under free for teachers canvas account?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When you cross list classes in Canvas, it appears as if one class--the mother section--has swallowed the other ones. My students in the swallowed section think they are in the mother section.  Blackboard had a superior system. The cross-listing or me...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas New Quizzes Reports are incomplete and lack some of the data that I feel should be there. When a fill in the blank question is used, the report does not show the answer frequency summary. Maybe this is a limitation when a fill in the blank que...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Canvas search function for files will report hits, i.e., the files that match your search criteria, but not report the directory or folder in which the file is located. Is there a known fix for this or is this a development item that Canvas shoul...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I give my students multiple attempts on quizzes to encourage them to learn from their mistakes.  I would like, however, to be able to see which questions they had trouble with on their first attempt.  Is there a way to view quiz statistics for a part...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an open-book, multiple choice assignment with unlimited attempts. Several students who have no submissions and some who have not even logged into the course (according to the People tab and the New Analytics) are being given grades of 100%.  H...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When students go into the gradebook in Canvas, and click on an assignment they haven't done yet, it pulls up the blank submission for the assignment since there is nothing there rather than opening the assignment itself. Because of this, directions a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies