Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have recently been annoyed at the amount of announcements in my announcement box as a student. I went through and deleted some of the lecturers announcements but paused to think whether this was deleting the announcements for for the rest of the st...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I’ve set up my current semester course in Canvas, which is a recurring course each semester. I imported course components from an earlier semester (a.k.a., Existing Content), including some Assignments. Then, I updated some Assignments for the curren...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am taking a class at Miramar College this semester that is part lecture and part lab. How do I listen to the lectures in Canvas? Will it be clear to me on the first day of class?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 3 sections by course, and all of them interacts into Discussions. How can I do, the students don't see between sections each other and can participates  into discussions or another funtions of canvas, only in their sections

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Please make the order of the To Do list on the Dashboard to be in order of submission, such that the most recent item submitted is added to the end of the list, rather than the beginning. I use the To Do to grade assignments and would like to grade t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

REAL SOLUTION UPDATE: Given that this problem was inaccurately flagged as solved, I am leading this revision with the actual solution that comes from Canvas engineering. If one ventures into generating XML code for automated QTI generation, know that...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it easy to submit a group assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Are students able to change or add to a calendar created by an instructor? Can faculty change or add to a calendar created by a faculty member? Thank you.  Michelle Michelle.spitler@steward.org 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

According to this Forbes website and countless others, Chrome 100 will break several websites, especially older ones, based on their article in December 2021. In summary, the issue could potentially be: "The reason for this is these sites check the v...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For a course I'm teaching, I would like to have students' grades determined using a "Best of two options" approach.  Something along the lines of: "Your grade will be determined by the higher average from Option 1: HW 20%, Midterm 20%, Discussion 20%...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I give students multiple chances to improve their score?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does one do gated content in a Canvas course?  I have a video that I want students to see AFTER they read a page.  I doesn't look like our instance Canvas supports that level of access control like Moodle's activity completion tracking.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use SIS Import to import a course and it says it was successful. However when I go to look for it I cannot find it anywhere. I have no idea as to what is going on. In the past this worked perfectly but for some strange reason something seems to be ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a 4th grade math teacher (instructor), I have attached two different written responses where the student's answer had red box in  the answer. Why would this happen? Is the student copying and pasting their answer from somewhere? If that is the c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Despite my older email no longer being associated with my Canvas account, I still get notifications to that email. I have added a new one and set it as my default, yet receive nothing to that one. Anybody have a fix for this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone have a good trick for marking a student absent in the gradebook.  For example, I give an assignment and if a student is absent, I want something in the column that shows that the score is missing because the student was absent.  It would ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to have individual assignment grades shaded in the gradebook.  For example, grades in the 80% range might be yellow whereas grades in the 90% range might be green.  I need a way of visually gauging how students are performing.  My gradeb...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am teaching English to Vietnamese-based students.  The course invitation link directs to a Canvas registration, in French.  Apart from post-colonial reasons, why is this happening and how can I change it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

So, like many schools, ours is experiencing a shortage of teachers and subs.  There is a member of my time who is out for an undetermined amount of time, so another member of the team and I were assigned half of her classes each - split down the midd...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been trying to sign into an account I made to access a course code for a class I'm taking and EVERY time I tried to sign in, I was given a "wrong username/password" error. The sign-in page specifically gives  you a "Email" text box, followed b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible that students create their own announcements? How can I give them that access?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, our school has recently changed to using one Canvas page for one subject in each year, which means all classes (e.g. A/B/C/D) in the same year group will be using the same Canvas page. Is there a way to receive the students submission notificatio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A lot of forums say cross-site tracking fixes the image problem for Safari, but it hasn't for me. I disabled cross-site tracking last semester and it only allowed Microsoft Stream videos to play. I don't want to have to download every image on Canvas...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In the Canvas Toll Call tool's standard Class List view, is there an ability to see that a student in the list has any badges assigned on that day? It seems the only way to check if a student already has a badge is to click the "more" tab on each stu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have run .csv update files twice daily for years. In the past, if our SIS indicated a student was to be removed from a section, I used the enrollments .csv file and put "deleted" for status. Ah, but then the student had to be returned to the sectio...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We bought them all! But nobody can use them!   Questions: 1.  For Apps already installed and used successfully in previous courses and years as well as Apps not installed, how do I find the "Consumer Key" and the "Shared Secret" for the Apps that I'v...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have set up prerequisites for students to complete module 1 before module 2, etc.  We have requirements to go in sequential order and but the first item of each module is a file and it is visible to students.  Suggestions on how to make the files ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if you can import a PDF and turn it into a quiz with all the questions separated if that makes sense.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies