Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, I need to attach a separate rubric for each question in an assignment so the results will sync as separate marks to Sentral markbook. Is this possible? I checked the community and the last query was in 2018 so I am hoping it has changed since the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm trying peer review out for the first time, and I'd like to know whether I can have the students post their work in a discussion board and let them all look at everything before assigning peer reviews. In other words, if the assignment is due/clos...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently have a question about my grade. So, the canvas student app shows different letter grade with my browser canvas. So, when I go to my course and click "grade" on canvas app, it shows 94% (C+), however, the browser shows 94% (A). And my teach...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I copied a course for our new 2022 Cohort, updated and published it last Friday, and only enrolled the new students. Two things have occurred which I hope someone can advise on please: One of the 2021 students received a notification of a "new event"...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I follow these directions, I get what you see in the attached screenshot. Can you please tell me where I am gong wrong? Thank you!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I type in a fraction using the equation editor in RCE it appears small as if it is "in-line" as opposed to full display style. How do I get full size fractions?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I logged in using my Google account, and the name displayed was in Chinese. Now I must change it into an English name, but I couldn't find anywhere that says "Profile" for me to change the information. I have already changed my Google account name in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've just started using "likes" in my discussions as a way to give students feedback ahead of the discussion due dates, so they know a specific post is going to earn full credit (i.e., I am sort of "pre-grading" their posts using the "like" function)...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to create a quiz that is available for a 24 hour period and requires students to create and submit a pdf response, but only allow each student 2 hours to open and complete the quiz.  Is something like this possible?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi There was a config issue with our Canvas instance that allowed self-registration for a short period of time. This was exploited by some spambots that created a whole heap of accounts with fake names and email addresses. Is there a method of deleti...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I publish a hybrid i. e. "room and zoom" class in canvas to use as a supplement, resource and format?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Adding a dark mode would make the website more accessible and easier on the eyes. Basically, the background would be black or a darker color than white, and would use less power and be more eco friendly, while also being easier on the eyes.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I understand the feature: adding an automated signature to email sent via Canvas, is not available. When will it be added? I think it's the least you could do for us faculty, and way overdue. ----copy/pasted signature----Christina Nguyen HungAssociat...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, We’re looking for a secure way for faculty to send us IRS W9 forms. Is Canvas secure enough for this, where a document will include a social security number? Thanks for any help!Christine

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We used to be able to have students have non University email types and it worked, none it does not.  Can we re-enable this feature?   Bobby  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have assignments in PowerSchool that only 4 of my 21 students' grades synced from Canvas. I have checked the categories, due date, name of the assignment, and made sure the sync was toggled on. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the page about starting a microsoft collaboration, it says "Note: If you do not have any existing collaborations, this button will not display in the Collaborations page." It does not say where the button will appear. I cannot seem to find one any...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello I am  a student trying to create a Profile on Canvas but cannot seem to find where to do it.Does this particular institution allow it? It only allows me to upload my photo but there is no option for Bio, etc. Can I please get some assistance? T...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having problems with getting my courses assignments to show up on the monthly calendar. I'm not sure if there is anyway to fix it, but my current courses all have gray boxes beside them and none of the assignment dayes are showing up the calenda...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to copy a table that is used for my syllabus. When I copy it in I lose all the formatting. I have seen other teavhrs sites and it has a table that is formatted ncely. How can I do the same without manually filling in the contaents into a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why does the 'pages' link just go to the home page and require an additional selection to go to the (plural) pages index? You already enter on the home page which you can then edit and you can also go to that through a link. It is clunky to have to c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Do Pre-requisites copy over using the Course Import Tool? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are seeing a strange issue with our rosters syncing from Infinite Campus. When a student has a schedule changed before the first day of school, counselors are not able to place an end date on the section enrollment in Infinite Campus. This means t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm wondering if it's possible to schedule an update to a page. I want to be able to upload class notes and resources ahead of time, but not publish them just yet. The page in question is already published, but I'm working far ahead of where my stude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I am sharing my screen, I can't tell when students join the class. It would help if I could hear a notification that a student has joined.  Thank you for considering this feature.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, When I hide an item from the Course Navigation setting inside a course it by default only hides from students. There is a way to hide from another user? for example TAs or Teachers? It looks like have a way to do it via API, but that will not be ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way I can manually activate a user?  I have sent her an invite and this was her response "Please let me know if it shows completion on your end. I followed the link and entered my information, but it will not load anything after that it ju...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies