Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I would like to create a page on which my students sign up for their research paper topics.  But, I'd like the form to have a place/column/whatever for my instructor approval of the topic.  Of course this can't be something the students can edit. So,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As admin how do I enable "New Analytics" so teachers can view it on their class accounts?  They want to be able to export missing work reports.  I saw in some canvas guides they need to click the new analytics button but they don't have that option. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the best Get Started instructions for faculty (including Instructional Designers) who would like to Integrate Portfolium into their courses? I see a number of instructions for students on ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an example, consider this question: Write the name of a US state that has 4 letters: [state]. The "Answer Type" is "Open Entry." You want to specify that Ohio, Utah, and Iowa are correct answers, but you want to ignore case. If you select "Specify...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello! How to update or change canvas profile?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I made a quiz the other night. I saved the quiz and practiced it in the student view.  It is no longer under the quiz tab.  I can see it by clicking the 3 vertical dots at the top right next to the red "quiz" tab under manage quiz banks and it is in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, my surname has changed and I need to update Canvas so my legal name is displayed. Display Name changes are disabled in Canvas.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So my classes are starting soon, and one of my professors told the class to start reading the Introductory Module, but I don't see that section on Canvas on my laptop or on my phone. Besides that my courses aren't showing when I click the Courses sec...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have been trying to find the link to sync my canvas calendar to my google calendar but the calendar feed link does not seem to be visible on my canvas. I'm not sure if the issue is on my end or the technician's end.    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I  imported a prior course's data into my upcoming course. The old course had three old/classic-style quizzes. They were the older type; when I last taught this course--spring 2021--Lockdown Browser was not supported for the new quiz. It appears Lock...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!  I'm trying to use a scoped-token API key to query GraphQL but haven't got any luck yet. Our queries always received the error message of: {'message': 'Insufficient scopes on access token.'}   The API key has full read-only permissions and has...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I know I can restrict access by date to file that has been uploaded into Canvas. But is there a way to restrict access by date to a file linked with external tool Office 365? I cannot find a way.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Scanning of QR code failed

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My avatar is upside down. How do I rotate it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi We are looking to suspend users on a temporary basis and wonder if anyone can confirm whether notifications from the course, ie announcements, emails etc are still sent to suspended accounts? Would be grateful for clarification. Many thanks.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi, I have ADHD and sensory processing disorders, and the new update to the Discussion pages, with the reply sidebard and threaded like that, makes it really difficult to read and process for me. As it is I already need to use a dark mode plugin, sin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

A good feature I need a sortable People page in Canvas so inactive students can be sorted to the bottom or filtered out.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey, so when creating my canvas account, i messed up when typing the display name by putting my first and last name where it said just first name, so on canvas my name is Wyatt Lambert Lambert, and canvas doesn't let me change my display name. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Suppose you have 10 questions, 5 of them worth two points, 3 of them worth four points, and the other 2 worth 10 points.  Is there a way to create a quiz with these 10 questions where the order of questions (altogether) is fully randomized (shuffled)...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When trying to run analytics for an exam in New Analytics, we are receiving a message indicating that we are exceeding file limits (for the exam, not the course) and are unable to get the analytical drill down for students and for the course The numb...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I create a master page from which different courses (Stats, Cal, Physics) can be accessed. I am a small high school where parents have access to view canvas. I wanted to make one central master page that parents and students could access. This pa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are currently experiencing issues with students sharing a PDF from the Notability App on the iPad to the Canvas Student App. After submitting via the app - we wait for the submission to load and receive confirmation from Canvas - this notification...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I am a technology analyst for my district.  A teacher claims that their is an "accent toolbar" that can be added to Canvas for her foreign language classes.  This will enable herself and the students to use a foreign language toolbar within Ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why is the "people" tab not visible to the students? I know how to fix it but I'm just wondering why is it that way?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am attempting to edit an answer choice that has a typo in a quiz that some students have already taken. Whenever I click the edit icon next to the answer choice I am taken to the top of the screen with the warning that some students have already ta...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I sign in I dont see my dashboard.  Can I please get some help? Thank you Kathi

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am looking at how students use the feedback I provide on written assignments. One question is when and if they view the document they have submitted after I have provided feedback. This information is available in the Speedgrader, but requires me t...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to make smart view in canvas like we used i out Blackboard courses?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,I am trying to do an assignment for one of my classes but it keeps on telling me this error. When I had originally attempted this it told me to log in to my microsoft account which I did but I accidentally used a different account from my schoo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a course into which I merged a few sections. Now I was told that I need to de-cross the sections for an application and then re-cross list the sections. I am worried about losing the work students have already submitted. I am less worried abou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies