Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello !  I'm a Teacher's Aid for a fairly large class (510 students). the students need to pair up and write a final assignment together, which they will be uploading through Canvas. rather than manually inputting the grades on the assignment of each...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-30-2024 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm hoping to use the "<!---" and "--->" tags to hide text in a webpage template so that it can be reused for multiple purposes.  When editing a page in Canvas using the HTML code view, the code after the "<!---" tag is grayed out as expected and whe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

1) What is your favorite book, TV show, or movie? 2) What would you do with 1 million dollars? 3) What grade do you plan on EARNING in this course? 1) my favorite book is the scary stories to tell in the dark collections. my favorite tv show is "Elle...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I go to Global Navigation?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a series of events using the duplicate box. Is there a way to edit the series without editing each event individually?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-12-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This seems to be a question that has been asked but not answered yet.  Can Commonlit be integrated into Canvas assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to post comments on student assignments in canvas using the media features to record video. The video works perfectly, but the audio does not. My mike functions in dictation on chrome, it works in zoom, etc. I've asked my administrator ab...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have OneDrive integrated with Canvas. We have had an issue for the past several weeks with Canvas integration breaking Office 365 SSO. SSO becomes broken and browser cache must be cleared when items are accessed through Canvas OneDrive integration...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, Does anyone know of a method for changing navigation settings for all courses at the same time? For example we might want to hide the Files item from the menu for all of our courses. Rather than opening the settings page for each course and then ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Team,  We are changing our Turnitin integration from using the LTI integration in CANVAS to using the CANVAS plagiarism framework. Has anyone recently made this transition? How did you access old assignment submissions? I am not able to download a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am running a course with 450+ students, who belong to three different courses (and Canvasses) , but the content and exam of the courses are the same for all students. To organize an exam inspection, I have set up an appointment group in which the s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I hope someone is able to help. When adding new items/files to a module which is UNpublished, the new item automatically defaults to PUBLISHED. This is very frustrating when I am adding new content for future lessons. These new items/files for future...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, I'm trying to get some feedback to see if anyone requires students to have their video turned on during class.  The class is required attendance, however, I have noticed in the past that students will often logon with no video, and if I ca...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Does the Roll Call feature automatically checks those who are present and those absent in the class list?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm setting up chapter quizzes using question groups from the textbook test bank (I'm the instructor). The quizzes are all set up, but I'm hoping to make sure that what I've done will work. Previewing the quizzes show they work as expected. I want my...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally clicked the x to delete assignments in the To-Do list under the Courses tab for a course. The assignments still appear in the Dashboard, but do not appear in the To-Do list. I fear losing track of these assignments and missing them. Is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to suggest the video player in Canvas should have a button to maximize the player relative to the window it's in, instead of just full screen. If I have two windows on my screen split next to each other (watch video on one, take notes on the o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, I'm the instructional coordinator for ~200 sections of our first year experience seminar. Students complete ~20 short reflection writings as Quizzes throughout the semester, and we are keen to explore this student voice at scale through na...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when I go to put points in it, in a couple of my students cells under a homework, the assignment is green. it doesn't show the points. Why is that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a course in which I created a rubric that I want to use for almost every assignment. From what I can tell, the steps Canvas requires to perform this oh-so-simple task: - Edit the assignment. - Click "+ Rubric". - Click "Find a Rubric". - Scrol...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Will there be MS Teams integration from Canvas for non-education office 365 tenant? We are running on Office 365 non-profit. But i really want to create MS Teams automatically based on the course...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to implement SAML authentication for canvas with Auth0. Instead of logging in to an existing account (user with email already exists), Canvas creates a new account. I've tried to map email from Idp to canvas user email and all other proper...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have a science instructor who is trying to have students write chemical equations in New Quizzes (students would need to upload a chemical equation in the essay box). The RCE has the "insert equation" function which has all of the symbols neede...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I include an image with text on the Front Page?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've come across an interesting issue for teachers who are sending content to each other. Our science department has gotten into the practice of sending content (assignments, quizzes) to each other. They've found that when they import the content th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I import question banks between semesters and update some of the questions. When I create a new quiz, I see all of my question banks (from all semesters). I do not know which bank is from which semester because the imports have the exact same title. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When an assignment has a Rubric attached the Rubric is visible to students even if the Availability date of the assignment is set to a future date. This can cause problems with lecturing staff creating Rubrics for exams where specific feedback option...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-25-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to give ALL 200+ students in a course one more attempt for a quiz with a few simple mouse clicks? I'm aware of the following procedure: Go to the quiz - Click on "Moderate this quiz". At the top is a selection box in front of "Student"...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies