Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is it possible to give ALL 200+ students in a course one more attempt for a quiz with a few simple mouse clicks? I'm aware of the following procedure: Go to the quiz - Click on "Moderate this quiz". At the top is a selection box in front of "Student"...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I'm using the following canvas instance (2021.09.15-1-18-r04 on Debian 10) to add Deeplinks to the course modules. Here the canvas is accepting multiple Deeplinks. When I add a single deeplink it's submitted to the canvas with a 200 response ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have created several New Quizzes in Canvas.  When adding the first question to each quiz, I also created a new Item Bank to put the question in.  Then, I assigned all questions in the quiz to that Item Bank.  I followed the same procedure for the o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My Syllabus is a word document. Does it need to be converted as a PDF?   My e-mail is: jwalther@chapman.edu

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For this last year I have sent numerous emails to Campus if Australis in regards to why does it say ACCESS DENIED every time I try to log in.  Each time I have to reset my password for it to allow me in.  In all this time I have never received a solu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you upload a .pdf syllabus to Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,  I have a course with 200+ students. The students will upload an assignment and the teachers then give a grade and post an assessment form in the comments. Is there a way to download all attachments in the comments, for all students, in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating a quiz, with the intent to use it as a student survey. The issue I am facing is that the questions require a "correct" answer, however each selection that I am entering is essentially correct.  Is there a way to make the system recogniz...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My quizzes and exams are currently in Canvas. They are all linked to individual quiz banks. I have a quiz bank for each major topic. Quizzes and exams pull from the quiz bank that I made so I can have 20 questions on a topic and students get a random...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created AND published modules for my course... However, when I go to student view, the "Modules" tab isn't appearing as an option for my students to click on in order to access the content.  How can this issue be resolved?     

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I cannot see any of my daughters courses or grades how do I do this 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why can't I seem to view assignments/exams from my previous course, and is there a way to at least download them to view on my own?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to force log out a user who has been inactive on Canvas for over 20 min. when Canvas is configured using AD as authentication? I understand there is plugin that can perform this task but it would only work if Canvas handles the authent...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Anyone work with .psd files in Canvas? I have an instructor I'm working with for a graphic design course, and she would like to add Photoshop files (.psd.) into Canvas to be downloaded by the student. I can't seem to find any info on this. Or if anyo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I create users programmatically using Python Azure Functions and Logic App. Users get an email with their initial password. Unfortunately, some users forget about these invitations so they expire and we have to fix the problem manually.  Could so...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We're transitioning to Canvas at our University right now, so perhaps this is something I've missed. We're intrigued by the idea of using OneDrive integration for file delivery. However, when students (and even me!) pull up the linked document it is ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My internet connection is 200 MPBS. All the functions like youtube, google search, facebook and Netflix are perfectly working efficiently. But when canvas speedgrader is use to download attached JPG and PDF file, the canvas download is extremely very...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student. The semester started and every class is registered and posted. I can see the assignments in the calendar on the phone but not on the computer. The color of classes is grey and when I change the color of class, it doesn't be applied an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have successfully unconcluded a course, following these instructions - How do I unconclude a course in an account?, but no students, marks or submitted work came back. How do I retrieve this material please? Thank you!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

is the message I receive when clicking on a "new" quiz that was imported from my sandbox. Classic quizzes are still functional. PLEASE help. Most of my content is created on NEW quizzes.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I have seen the guide about deleting files, however when I click on a file I do not have the option on the toolbar of a trashbin. I do not have a delete choice in the drop down box on the right either. I am an instructor. How can I delete files p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, in my Canvas course I added a link to the course navigation using the Redirect Tool. It links to a Google Form and students fill it out when they submit an assignment late. This way I know what grade I need to change. I wanted the form to open...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Canvas course with multiple sections with names in the format of [Course Name][Section Number]. The course name is the same for all sections.When I filter them in Speedgrader to grade a specific section the order they are in is totally rando...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I often copy assignments from one class to another and they end up in the "Imported Assignments" folder which was not a big deal at the beginning of the school year because I always had the assignments from "All Grading Periods" showing. But now I on...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello all,  We are trying to set up Azure AD for authentication in Canvas.  I've been reading that in order for us to use it, since it is a new provider, additional logins need to be created for our students and other users.  I'm trying to test out a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

- The first thing that attracted me about the university was the family like community.  - I am excited to learn and become an Auburn tiger. - I would feel more connected if we were on campus some.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I work in analytics for my institution. I currently have a script that downloads all student analysis reports through the Canvas API, but it throws an exception about every 5GB of data because a download url isn't always provided when requested. ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm sure this is posted somewhere and I'm unable to find it, so appreciate your patience in advance. I have surveys developed in google forms and qualtrics that I need to convert to Canvas quizzes using the "grid" question type, where similar questio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have several tachers experince problems direct sharing new quizzes. They cant see the qustions when exporting. When I do it as admin i does work. Do you have a work around? BW/ Linus Österholm

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there meanwhile any way to download or print a rubric including grades and comments WITHOUT programming skills and workarounds (like taking tons of screenshots etc.)? Thanks

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies