Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I do not understand this message:  "Importing the same course content more than once will overwrite any existing content in the course."  Here is what I want to do: I imported QUIZ from Course 2021 into Course 2022.  Then I edited it in Course 2022....

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I copied a course from last year that had a late penalty of 10% per day down to 60% policy.  This year I chose not to use the policy, so I unchecked it.  This morning, I had a concerned student approach me because he got notified (sometime Sunday nig...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a year long course that has many different units in the course.  There are more than 100 assignments/quizzes in the entire course.   For our student management system we need them all in one course. We know we can limit access to parts of a c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach seniors to correctly format their cover letters and resumes in Word. I need to be able to SEE the formatting (light up the Hide/Show Formatting icon in Paragraph Menu) in order to grade the assignments. Can this capability be added? thank you...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have just set up recurring zoom meetings for my Arch 102 course. But I'm not finding where to invite my two teaching colleagues as alternate hosts.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was doing great in my class, submitting my assignments looking forward to the last day of this semester, and enjoying my holiday with my family. When I checked my grade it was an F. I looked to see what happened and the last 7 assignments that I su...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, I have an instructor with 16 students enrolled in her course according to Banner, but when we check the enrollment in Canvas there are no students listed. As the campus admin I checked the course to verify that no students were showing. Just ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In my "Syllabus" tab, the "Course Summary" lists due dates for the current class.  That's fine. But at the bottom it also presents a list of obsolete items -- mostly empty calendars from previous courses!  These show up in the Student View as well an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there as easier than 1-at-a-time way to change several assignments (a) to "display as percent", and (b) the point values for the assignments? DETAILS: I use MyOpenMath LTI. When the assignments are imported to Canvas, they are automatically set to...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using New Quizzes, assessing from the Quizzes link in the Modules View left navigation column. Building the new New Quizzes goes smoothly, I Save and Return. But I cannot bring them into the Modules view as an assignment.  When I click the + sig...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas disallows the display of question details when a question bank has 51 or more questions.   This is a problem because when uploading questions banks from publishers they will often have 51 or more questions. This means I cannot easily view the ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I put links to specific pages on my homepage  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am the teacher for my fraternity's canvas page. I added committee heads as TA's to the course so they could add events to the syllabus, but they are still required to obtain points I would grade. Is there a way to give them the permissions of a TA,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm afraid I'm really confused about question banks. What confuses me is where they are located. For example, if I have a quiz that pulls from a question bank in one course and I copy that entire course, does the question bank also automatically get ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

In the past few days, students have received notification and lower grades for late work. I do have a late work penalty established in Canvas, but these are for assignments early in the semester. Any ideas about why this is occurring now and on a glo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a curriculum designer and would like to include some scoring guidelines on quizzes for graders or instructors.  They don't necessarily need to be seen by students.  Simply creating a rubric doesn't work because instructors will click on each par...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is no HELP on my CANVAS and I need to merge two accounts. Can anyone help? The lack of support is strange to me.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm an instructor. I would like my students to navigate my course with pages (not modules), but I'd like each week's page to be able to link to a weekly module so that students will be able to mark work done ( modules as checklists). Is there any way...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to apply an "optional" quiz. If a student takes decides not to take it, that is fin, but if they do take it then the grade will be considered for the final grade, without consideration (so there is a risk in taking it just for fun). I have alr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can students see the average grade for an assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all -  When we began our transition over to Canvas one of the first videos was to add the users.  So we added our students, but this was about a month and a half ago so I unchecked the box to notify them of the new account.   Now however, I would ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot add quizzes, pages, links or anything else to the the modules--the Plus sign is grayed out. Why is that? How do I fix it? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have installed canvas automated setup using docker and it is installed properly. The canvas login screen gets displayed. But I was unable to get a credential to log in to canvas, During setup, it did not ask for any credential. Even the Registratio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I see our professor's comment for one of my assignments on Speed Grader? where do I access it on Canvas?   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This thread is open for comments. Looking for comments (ease-of-use) : https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Suggest-Ability-to-email-class-from-within-course/idc-p/502921/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8ZGlnZXN0X25vdGlmaWNhdGlvbnxLWEc0UDlORVQ5Q1B...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After importing a Canvas course into a new shell, is it possible to change the availability dates for multiple discussions at once?  I have had to go in and edit each and every discussion post...but there must be an easier way that I don't know about...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a high school science teacher and am preparing an element quiz and when asking for the symbol for neon, I only want the answer Ne accepted, not ne, for a fill in the blank answer. How can I specify the capitalization must be applied, that I am l...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - I'm new to Canvas.  I created question banks while beginning our transfer to Canvas.  However, after creating the question banks I discovered there is a 50 question limit to the Classic Quiz feature.  I have activated the New Quiz feature, bu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am unable to remove a course from my Canvas dashboard that was from 2020 fall. I have unchecked the star from my courses and it did not work. How do I get rid of this class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies