Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I want the first page students see in my canvas course to be the modules page. How do I set this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, there are lots of questions regarding bulk edits for key areas but I couldn't find anything on HTML. Is there a way to bulk edit HTML of pages within an Environment, and/or a Course, and/or a Module. I understand blueprints might be a solution...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to set up late deductions for every week the assignment is due.  For example:5% deduction per weekIf a student submitted an assignment the next day after it's due, the grade is deducted by 5%.If a student submitted an assignment the next...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We were taking our Finals and I had plenty of time but my quiz submitted by itself with 6 mins in, it said time was up but the rest of the class excluding me still had time. our instructor had set the time limit to 50. People are telling me It was my...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey Canvas Community  I am wanting to create a custom report using Canvas Data that gives me the following attributes: CourseSectionStudent Assignment Needs markingTrainer that is require to mark I am wondering if anyone had examples of the API's to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My instructor sent me some pictures in an email through the conversations/inbox but I can't view or open them. They look like this: [cid:9DD966ED-10A9-4272-A6A4-16E42C79B01C@hsd1.co.comcast.net] [cid:33D8D75B-8A2D-4E8A-9BC3-A78634F2A531@hsd1.co.comca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good evening!   Looking for some ideas from people using both Canvas and PS.  I recently took over these roles and I'm trying to learn best practices.  In Powerschool at finals time, we set up a "final grade" term of E1 for the final exam.  This allo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The due date for my final has said the whole semester that my final is due on Dec 17th, the last two weeks I have made sure of that and checked the due date well over 100 times, last night it said Dec 17th. This morning (the 16th) I received a notifi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to authenticate via OpenID Connect and all the Oauth flow is working, but when the URL /users/login is called I'm getting the message: Canvas doesn't have an account for user: my_id.The /oath/userinfo is returning: { "sub": "my_id" }.In th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to find out which instructors at our institution are using rubrics in their courses within a subaccount, and would like a list of courses with rubrics. I don't see a report that would give me that information, and from what I can tell, the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'd like to time the students' on their essay writing (Quiz feature) as well as check for for plagiarism (Turnitin), but both options are not available on CANVAS. Why can't I use Turnitin for a file upload under the "Quiz" feature?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Today I am copying our semester courses as I always do. Why is the "Adjust events and due dates" option sometimes missing? I never had this problem before and I have been copying semesters for over 2 years now. Sometimes it appears, sometimes it does...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to set up a Multiple Answers question such that all answers are correct, but a student selecting any number of them awards them full credit? For example, if A, B, C, & D are set as correct, and the student selects B, I want the student...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I completely understand that OneRoster is limited to assignment level passback. In fact it is not a course grade passback. it is an assignment score passback. there is not a course grade anywhere in the sync. Will Instructure or Canvas ever offer a s...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When limiting the number of submissions for an assignment, I am unable to grant an additional attempt to just one student, like moderating a quiz. A previously published solution to this issue is to wait until after the due date on the assignment and...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, We try to modify a letter grading system to SUFF/UNSUFF. After selecting Use this Grading Standard: So the conversion of points is not valid.   According to : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lz8CnyKHV4 We seem to do everything correct. Is th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone had success in being able to view outcome mastery scores by question? For those questions with the same point value and mastery benchmark linked to the same outcome, only one score is provided in the gradebook. Is this the average score of...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Howdy! We are trying to find a way (potentially either by CSS or Javascript) to hide the "Options: Adjust events and due dates" portion of the content copy in Canvas. We have had a handful of professors accidentally change their course's participatio...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When an assignment has a rubric to use for grading enabled, is there a way to have that rubric automatically open when you view assignments in speedgrader?  If I've enabled a rubric to use for grading, then I want it available for grading on each ass...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have the column in gradebook.  It will not let me enter grades.  This has happened before and isn't addressed in helps.  I usually find it by accident and then forget it until next time and have to waste time trying to do just the simple entering o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi  I am trying to integrate my application with SIS and build a nightly job that would fetch the updated/modified assignments. I could not find an endpoint using the standard Canvas API, so was suggested to try out the Canvas GraphQL API. But there ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi student here, I am having this problem where my quiz submission on my IOS device was never recorded? Has anybody else experienced this? I am unable to receive quiz marks because of this. Thanks in advance!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, My colleagues of the Arab and Greek language courses contacted me about an issuerelating to the docviewer. Given that students cannot access previous feedback when they upload a new version of the task, I advised my colleagues to ask the...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I have just created my first quiz, which includes one multiple choice question. When I designed this multiple choice question, I was forced to mark one of the choices as the "correct" answer. I then published the quiz in order to access it via...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructional designer trying to create a journal-like assignment for an adult basic education course. Students will fill out a graphic organizer in module 1 and submit. Then they will go to module 2 , and what I would like them to be able to...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching a small writing class and I want the students to share all their writing together.  I've tried peer review - (assigning each student 4 pcs of writing since there are 5 students) but that didn't work. What is the best way to do this?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Spped grader is set up so that I cannot view the student's essay and the rubric on the same web page.  it really make sit  difficult for me as an instructor to use a rubric to mark essays. Our canvas support team said it was an error in the Canvas so...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At the end of the semester, we would like to remove the graders/TA's from the course. However, we need to keep their comments. We are not sure if we remove them from the Canvas course, would their comments (on students' submitted homework assignments...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies