Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello there, I am new to Canva. I need some help related to logo making. Here I want to know than can we make animated logos for game website in Canva because yet I have not seen the animated option in Canva. Kindly guide me related to my question. T...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-29-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - the Quiz Log looks useful (How do I view a quiz log for a student? - Instructure Community ) just wondered if it logs anything like IP address or other proxy for students' location? Solved: Can an instructor view the IP addresses of student... -...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am wondering if there are any Canvas-affiliated services or third party services that can use Gradebook exported information to create end of year student reports. We would like to show student's average scores over different assessment types a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cant use my canvas student app for submission because it says "no valid file ids given" what should I do to fix the problem? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is meant to be a follow up question to this Guide :  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-duplicate-an-assignment/ta-p/636   But then how to assign the copied Assessment into a Module?  It's now just floating in space, on...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The new "read speaker" tool is not as helpful as it might be. For one thing, I find the icon to activate it blocks (covered up) some text in student submissions. But, more significantly, it reads absolutely everything, including stuff that is not eve...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been using Redirect tools to redirect to other sites such as Quizlet, Kahoot etc. It worked fine but I am now I am getting an error message - a  grey screen with "quizlet.com refused to connect". Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Tha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have an assignment that is double-marked against a rubric. The markers enter their marks against each criterion in a spreadsheet and we standardise them. Is there a way to import the marks and associated comments into Canvas and have them show up ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, So as the title says, I'm not able to enroll in the next course down the list on my intern portal page. I'm not sure if this is intentional because the page does suggest doing all the courses in order from top to bottom. But this is an "assessmen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently had to modify a canvas "quiz" (really it's a midterm unit exam with lots of questions) I had previously created for three different sections (classic quizzes). I made the needed changes in my template section and saved it. I then attempted...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

The module progress bar works on all pages except for those with accordions or tabs. Any advice on how to fix this? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On mark book when the grades have been entered the mark book glitches to the top of the page is there a way to stop this from happening. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't seems to find my Attendance option. Is there a setting from the admin part that needed to be done? For roll call? Thank you.     

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How long do canvas courses get saved past the end date of the course. I assume its probably different university to university but what's kind of the max end range that the school would be able to save it for viewing if I wanted to go back through ol...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,  If an exam is in progress and I need to add time to a specific students exam, how can I do this? I know how to go into 'Moderate Quiz' section, but it seems that needs to be set prior to. The scenario I have had happen a few times, are stu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I soon have to start setting tests/exams in CANVAS. I want these to be based around questions with right/wrong numeric answers, in which, for obvious reasons, each student is given their own unique set of numbers. (These numbers are generated externa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to export a course in our Canvas to that of another Canvas training provider using the Export Tool. Does anyone know if there is a way to track usage and get analytics via our own Canvas on this exported course or is there software that can be...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A colleague recently created a number of modules and pages and used colour coded emojis to better distinguish categories. They worked well for a while in Chrome but are now greyed out. She opened the modules in Edge and it worked for a while until ag...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-25-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello-- I am unable to record in Canvas using the media recording tool. This happens only when I use Google Chrome and Safari. It works when I use Firefox. I have taken the following steps: cleared cache and cookieschecked the microphone to the on (b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is a quiz that requires upload of answers per question (5 questions in total). Canvas allows you to download ALL the questions into 1 zip file. But if i want to only download Question 1, how is it possible? I have tried Quiz statistics which shows...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used emoticons in page titles to make items easier to visually find, like using a red apple to indicate where instructor information can be found. So far this has been pretty successful, but as of maybe a week ago, all the emoticons have lost their...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I recently encountered an issue when I'm taking a quiz in Canvas. While I was answering a question in a quiz and clicking the 'next' button, I noticed that some of the succeeding questions get skipped. For example, when I'm done with question 1, Canv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, we have detected that when we create an exam in classic exams, once the students answer the exam, it is not possible to cancel a question. In new exams it can be done because if you access the exam and change the score of the question to 0 poi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are hoping to add a bespoke message to a final assignment at the end of a programme, that appears when students submit the assignment; it would ideally appear at the same time as the confetti animation that is automatically included in all assignm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have some SCORM packages which have been added into Canvas as 'Files' so they can be downloaded by staff. I don't have access to the zip files originally downloaded and want to copy these files into SCORM so that staff can preview them. Is ther...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what are we doing   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am working with math faculty to begin orientation and transition to New Quizzes.  They brought up some important needs for New Quizzes to be worthwhile for math instructors.   MathType cannot be copied and pasted into the New Quizzes MathQui...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Do all quiz questions automatically appear in questions banks? If yes, a ton of mine are missing. How can I recover those?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student and in a quiz that had multiple attempts, my last attempt was automatically submitted at deadline even though I did not intend on submitting it and did not hit the Submit button (I had already gotten full grade and just wanted to revie...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a test in Delta Math that the students take in Canvas. I used the assignment option in order to have access to the External Tool for Delta Math. However, when grades sync over they are coming into Canvas weird.  For example: In Delta Math t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies