Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi. Likely missed this in a Release or Deploy note, but am I the only one not seeing the option for Quote in the Rich Content Editor anymore? Not a huge deal, since we can add <blockquote> through HTML, but it was a huge timesaver.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Canvas Experts, In Canvas gradebook I have selected the late policy to assign a ZERO% for all missing work (past due date).  Students tell me that once this "0" is applied the assignment no longer appears on their "To Do" list therefore they do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

You may want to add to the Gradebook Import documentation that including inactive students in the import file (even if they were included in the export file) will cause the inactive student to have all of their grades in the course wiped from the Gra...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to break down quiz analytics reports by sections within a course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the Quiz Reports API to download quiz reports as csv, and then I use Python's Pandas library to read and manipulate the csvs. I notice that when I download with the API, sometimes the headers aren't included eg "Name" etc. It could be some...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A group of teachers and I have a Canvas sandbox course that we collaborate in. When I copy content from this sandbox course into another course then I make changes to the pages and assignments in the new course (the copied version), it edits the sand...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When looking up my course to share an item bank with, to give all teachers permissions, I get an entry for each year the course was organised, but without indication of the year. How do I pick the course for the current year, between all these identi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible, or will it ever be possible, to download submissions by course not just assignment by assignment. Need this! Downloading assignment by assignment is tedious! Instructors clamoring for way to select a course, then download submissions ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi  I have uploaded my video twice to the discussion area within my module and it is nowhere to be seen . However, a different video which seemed to have been uploaded after my attempt is visible.  I  have uploaded from both my PC and my phone ( andr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since the beginning of the Spring 21 quarter, the Back Button in Canvas does not function as before.  When looking at the browser history it shows that most pages seem to load between two and six times.  Is there an explanation for this impeded funct...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just accidentally deleted several question banks from one of my courses. Doh!   Doing some quick searching on the Canvas Community it seemed like there was an easy solution: You just add "undelete" to the url of your Canvas course. This is supposed...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Colleagues, We are a bit perplexed regarding New Analytics/Attendance. At the Account Level we have enabled the tool and unlocked it. However, as you can see from my screen capture, the tool is locked at the course level and only one option is select...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Been using this device for months, now it is not "Hearing" my voice...it says cancelled due to inactivity. I've tried resetting volumes, settings, I'm frustrated Michiko Arai

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, this is my first post. I work in analytics for for my institution. I built a program that goes through canvas and downloads the Student Analysis reports for each quiz in each course. However, I seem to be getting an unusually high number of 504 t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We would like to use the same rubric for written assignments across all courses. We did this in our previous LMS, Populi.We have defined this rubric to have 100 points. These 100 points are allocated proportionally toward 5 criteria, as follows: 50, ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to export the comment library in a course to some kind of text file?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to set up a Google Assignment LTI 1.3 assignment but need to add a Canvas rubric, not the one listed in the assignment overlay. Has anyone accomplished this? I was excited with I saw the LTI option but in testing the process does not seem to b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Comunnity. I need to enable the chat por the same course un multiple sections. Is it possible? I have course with more than 400 students. So I need a chat individually for each section. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The August 26, 2021 SIS Integration Release Notes reference the category sync feature. There is a line in the release note indicating that this feature is on by default. Does anyone know how we could turn this feature off?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  I have been using New Quizzes to create and conduct quizzes in my course. Is there a way I can 'LOCK' a quiz? Meaning, even though a quiz is published and students could see the quiz title, they would not be able to access and take the quiz.  Th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I use New Quizzes to design quizzes for my course. I like the ability to add questions to Item Banks at the end of the semester and choose questions from the Bank.    I have noticed that I can view/edit Item Bank created by other faculty members. How...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Canvas Community. I created a handful of Discussion boards for students, but, in one of them, the "Subscribe" button is not present. See the attached image "No Subscribe" compared to another discussion (attached image "Subscribe"). Is there a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I often have assignments that are more than one page long.  Is there a way to have page one and page two both show up in speed grader side by side instead of having to go over and scroll to the bottom of every single assignment?  There is plenty of r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We suggest that our learners periodically check their grades from the Grades page. When they find that an assignment is incomplete/ungraded, they often try to enter the assignment from the link on the Grades page. However, in doing so, the assignment...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can we view the number of discussion posts and replies for students? I've looked in New Analytics, but it doesn't tell you how many times a student posted or replied to a discussion topic. It also doesn't tell you how many times they replied to o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We just began quarter 2 at my school, and when I click on the grades tab now, my quarter 1 grades aren't there.  I can click on a student and go in one assignment at a time, but I need to see all my grades for the whole semester at once, for each of ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have ebooks in Percipio in my PROJ592 course and here does not seem to be a search function. Does anyone know if there is one and how to use it?  This is my first session to use Percipio and it is a poor option for eBooks.  jhiegel@keller.edu.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to run a report on all the students in a course to look at activity levels, I can do it individually, however, I want to do it as a group.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The skype activation does not show in the "other services" in the account settings.  Is there a way to turn this on either at the course or root level?     Thanks   PS Skype does show in registered services so I can link to it but I cannot activate i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to figure out why the time in the calendar appears in a 24 hour format (military time), yet the times in the syllabus are in a 12 hour (am/pm) format. I add them to the calendar in 12 hour time, but something is reformatting it. My site is...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies