Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm an instructor, and I'm teaching an introductory college writing course. I set up a peer review assignment, and even though I triple-checked the dates for both the due date and the peer-review assignment date, Canvas automatically assigned peer re...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,   I am finding myself confused by trying to navigate through the system trying to find my courses.   Thank you, Jose

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My question is: If we do an SIS import, can we do a batch import to underride the student's password? We want all students to be all the same so it is easier to troubleshoot. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've done this before on my class pages, but I noticed that two of the embedded videos in one of my pages appear to be "un-playable," so I went in to re-embed them.   I can't do it this time. The little embed media option is only giving me three choi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I gave a quiz 2 hours ago, and it is still saying "No reports yet".  How long should this take? Thanks! Stephen Jensen

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Greetings. We are considering setting up HR with a subaccount for internal training modules. I've read through all the documentation, and it looks like a subaccount Admin can implement most all of the Canvas features in their subaccount; but they don...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Canvas Student app V. 6.13.2 Apple iOS version:  15.1 Device:  Apple iPhone 11 The overall grade appears for each course.  However, individual assignments grades are not displaying.  I see -/5 or -/10 for the grade.  On the Canvas Parent App and on a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I download Microsoft office 365

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can not add comments or view more than 1 page of a submission

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to change the student role to student-restricted on 400 student in one course. Is there a way to change them en mass?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I e-mail my teacher?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to hide this information (SpeedGrader Graded and Average scoring at top)? This would help with video feedback. Hi I was just wondering as a springboard from the ability to hide student names in the SpeedGrader, is there an option to ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do we turn off the point annotation coordinates?  Recently, faculty at our college have noticed in SpeedGrader that the point annotation tool had coordinates, which changed in relationship to where the mouse was moved. We were told that this was ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Curious if/how other institutions that use sub-accounts might be managing help options when different sub-accounts have different support methods or options? For example, we now have our 100% online courses in their own sub-account, with their own su...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi. Likely missed this in a Release or Deploy note, but am I the only one not seeing the option for Quote in the Rich Content Editor anymore? Not a huge deal, since we can add <blockquote> through HTML, but it was a huge timesaver.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Canvas Experts, In Canvas gradebook I have selected the late policy to assign a ZERO% for all missing work (past due date).  Students tell me that once this "0" is applied the assignment no longer appears on their "To Do" list therefore they do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

You may want to add to the Gradebook Import documentation that including inactive students in the import file (even if they were included in the export file) will cause the inactive student to have all of their grades in the course wiped from the Gra...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to break down quiz analytics reports by sections within a course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the Quiz Reports API to download quiz reports as csv, and then I use Python's Pandas library to read and manipulate the csvs. I notice that when I download with the API, sometimes the headers aren't included eg "Name" etc. It could be some...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A group of teachers and I have a Canvas sandbox course that we collaborate in. When I copy content from this sandbox course into another course then I make changes to the pages and assignments in the new course (the copied version), it edits the sand...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When looking up my course to share an item bank with, to give all teachers permissions, I get an entry for each year the course was organised, but without indication of the year. How do I pick the course for the current year, between all these identi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible, or will it ever be possible, to download submissions by course not just assignment by assignment. Need this! Downloading assignment by assignment is tedious! Instructors clamoring for way to select a course, then download submissions ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi  I have uploaded my video twice to the discussion area within my module and it is nowhere to be seen . However, a different video which seemed to have been uploaded after my attempt is visible.  I  have uploaded from both my PC and my phone ( andr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since the beginning of the Spring 21 quarter, the Back Button in Canvas does not function as before.  When looking at the browser history it shows that most pages seem to load between two and six times.  Is there an explanation for this impeded funct...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just accidentally deleted several question banks from one of my courses. Doh!   Doing some quick searching on the Canvas Community it seemed like there was an easy solution: You just add "undelete" to the url of your Canvas course. This is supposed...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Colleagues, We are a bit perplexed regarding New Analytics/Attendance. At the Account Level we have enabled the tool and unlocked it. However, as you can see from my screen capture, the tool is locked at the course level and only one option is select...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Been using this device for months, now it is not "Hearing" my voice...it says cancelled due to inactivity. I've tried resetting volumes, settings, I'm frustrated Michiko Arai

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, this is my first post. I work in analytics for for my institution. I built a program that goes through canvas and downloads the Student Analysis reports for each quiz in each course. However, I seem to be getting an unusually high number of 504 t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We would like to use the same rubric for written assignments across all courses. We did this in our previous LMS, Populi.We have defined this rubric to have 100 points. These 100 points are allocated proportionally toward 5 criteria, as follows: 50, ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to export the comment library in a course to some kind of text file?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies