Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

The skype activation does not show in the "other services" in the account settings.  Is there a way to turn this on either at the course or root level?     Thanks   PS Skype does show in registered services so I can link to it but I cannot activate i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to figure out why the time in the calendar appears in a 24 hour format (military time), yet the times in the syllabus are in a 12 hour (am/pm) format. I add them to the calendar in 12 hour time, but something is reformatting it. My site is...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a HUGE feature of classic quizzes.... The ability to pull a random set of questions from a question bank EACH time a student takes a quiz.  Here is the specific ability I'm talking about: I create question bank "Chapter 1".  This bank has 25 ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-27-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is actually a duplicate of this post, but as it appears to have been closed I'll ask again here. I would like to give my students 48 hours to complete a take-home essay assignment. RIght now, the only option in Canvas is to create a quiz whose o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to see if it is possible to get the list of courses for a group of students using the api. I know I can get the list of courses for a single student but in my situation I need to be able to get the list of courses for each student in a gr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! We read about Course templates and we would like to use this option but it remains unclickable even if we removed all enrollments and we went into the settings of the course as an Admin. We checked the permissions to ensure this was not the probl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-19-2021 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We need to keep our teaching assistants anonymous. Some users have found that they can find the name of their teaching assistant by sending them a message in the inbox. Is there a way to disable this ability? We tried toggling the Conversations permi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to have different Canvas Syllabus pages for different sections of the same course? We have an undergraduate and graduate section of a course which are cross-listed. We need to have the two sections have different syllabi. Is it possibl...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

For a class project I am currently working with a professor to access course discussion info programmatically from canvas. To do this I started with testing using curl and then moved to nodejs. I found when making the identical https call through cur...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible for students to choose their own peer to review in a Peer Review? Until now we have used the Populi LMS which lets students pick who they want to review.However, it looks like Canvas either automatically assigns peer reviews, or else t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Nearly all of our teachers have experienced this issue and Canvas support tickets have been unsuccessful. We have been adding our daily schedules for K-8th grade students in the homeroom announcements to make them easier to see for students and have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a quiz as a class exit ticket that is part of the students' overall attendance and participation grade for each class.  The overall point value is 1 point total for the quiz.  The exit ticket has 3 open ended questions that I gave 0 point v...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble locating this box - inside the individual quiz, edit function. Please advise

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Concurrent Enrollment Courses at a High school so I have the same students enrolled in TWO canvas courses (one at the University and one through my High School).  I need the two courses to be the same so right now I spend a lot of my time doi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to see which students have clicked on particular announcements or the announcement section in general?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to access a quiz in Student View, is get the following message: This quiz is no longer available as your enrollment has been concluded. I only get this message when I click on Begin in student view. My students can see and take the quiz.  ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my organisation, I have a number of outcomes (named "learning goals") divided into "learning objectives".To reach an outcome, you need to complete several learning objectives or sub-outcomes.Can I create such structure within Canvas?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am trying to attach 2 files to my discussion post, but it won't allow me to. Can you help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the old quiz feature, I was able to change the total points value for a single question to .5 instead of 1. I do not see this option in the new quizzes. Every time I try to change the points value to a decimal, it is defaulting to a whole number (...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to subscribe to the Canvas Updates Calendar (Google) as noted under Release Schedule Calendar on the What is the Canvas release schedule for beta, production, and test environments? page. I am clicking the link for "Canvas Updates Calenda...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have grades synced from Canvas to PowerSchool. It has been working fine up until recently. The assignment titles are syncing, but the grades are not! This is happening to another teacher at my school as well!  Any help is appreciated! Thanks...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Up until maybe a year ago, Flipgrids on Canvas assignments were available to students until the end of the course. Since then, they aren't available after the late date for the assignment. Have I inadvertently changed a setting, or has Flipgrid chang...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using the "copy to" to copy a page into another course, it does NOT bring in other pages that are linked to in that copied page.  It would be helpful to have this changed -- so we don't have to locate and "copy to" each of those other pages sepa...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a possibility to pull information about assignments, and grades achieved on the Front Page of a Canvas Course? If yes, what are the possibilities to do so and are there any guidelines available?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i struggle to open my canvas login

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, I have two exactly exams that I already graded. The first one was given on a determined day for three students and the second one on the day after for other students. All the students are in the same class. I would like to know how I combine ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone, Ise t my students a timed task in assignments that was an extended response. Two of my students ran out of time and so were kicked out of the task before they were able save/submit their work. When I go into speed grader of course the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Are any other institutions using the new LTIs with Microsoft Teams that just came out? We would like to connect with institutions that are using these tools within their Canvas sites to discuss implementation and the overall experience so far of usin...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everybody, How can I make sure that students receive announcements and new discussion posts even if they disabled notifications for this course? Tom

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Having special Canvas powers, I've always been able to add myself as a co-teacher to a Canvas course at my school. I last did this about a week ago. Now, I seem to have lost the power. When I now go into a teacher's course, the add people button is g...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies