Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I want to take a homework assignment, quiz, or other content from a course I taught in previous semester, copy it into my current semester course, modify it, and then publish it when I'm ready. However, anytime I copy something that had been publishe...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-21-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I can see this question has been asked a lot in the community but it seems many of the replies contain links to documents that seem, to me at least, rather opaque. In almost every article on the subject it states "Canvas does not support file uploads...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,  Can someone please explain how to do this.... My students complete a daily assignment each day.  I would like those daily assignments to be total together for a one week particaption grade.   How do I set that up?   Just as information,  5 da...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a course that includes peer reviews as part of one of the assignments. When looking into students yet to complete their reviews, we found that some could not see the 'Peer Review' item in their to-do list on the course homepage, which may be ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have developed assignments in various Canvas courses for a number of K-12 programs. However we are looking for a way to allow teachers using our Canvas course structure to export the assignments out to their Google Classroom accounts to their stud...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! An instructor I work with would like to REassign a discussion using the REassign button in Canvas discussion however, the button doesn't seem to appear. I checked in other instances and course spaces I'm in and it doesn't appear when availabil...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My dashboard still has a "to-do" to complete the grading of an assignment but I already did grade every student. It shows 16/17 and the only thing I can find is that one student failed to submit so earned a 0 but I went back and added a comment and s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A colleague contacted me that she can no longer view quizzes as a test student. Whenever she clicks student view, she can access all pages, but as soon as she clicks a quiz or an assignment, she receives the message: "This quiz is no longer available...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-30-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have an instructor who is about to deliver oral exams for his Spanish course and he wanted to know if there were any tools out there to randomly pick from a pool of topics that he predetermines. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do the students see the portion of work that I highlight and comment on for them to change?   where do they go to see this?    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We're investigating Parchment as a badging/certificate solution for our campuses. Has anyone seen any sort of integration between Catalog or Canvas, and Parchment? Thanks!

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students submitted an essay on the google doc external tool. When I click into the assignment there is not a "download submissions" button.  It is not there in the grade book either.  I noticed it is there for the assignments that they upload a pi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I would like to access beta to try to recover a syllabus that disappeared. How does it work for a url that looks like this: https://canvas.education.lu.se Thanks a lot for your help! /Burak

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What might cause an error to accrue when uploading a Zip File?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a Canvas Quiz timed for 140 to all students, and one student some how was able to to complete the Quiz in 162 minutes. How is this possible? I have check moderations on the student for the Quiz and there hasn't been any extra time granted for ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have created homepages with images that act as links to module pages to make our content more accessible to young learners. There are 6-10 small (30-40 KB) images on the page and a table with some text. Each small image is linked to a page in the ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Even after following those steps numerous times, the Links I have uploaded to my Canvas course and have published, and have validated and revalidated STILL do not allow access to my students. Why????

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

my institution has started using Sway to embed the lectures into their weekly modules, however some students are being prompted to sign in using credentials.  As far as I've been able to gather, none of the students have actually been able to get pas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our academy offers 5 different courses,  If I publish all of the courses as once, is there a way to make sure that each student only has access to the course that they are assigned to or will their dashboard show all of the academy's published course...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In this page, I found a link to a page about recording video comment. However, when I followed the link, I got an error message, saying I don't have sufficient privilege to see the page, as shown in the screenshot below. What can I do? Thanks.     --...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are having our students create a writing submission as part of our state assessments this year.  We'd like to be able to do that within canvas.  Our requirements... Students need to be able to work on their submission during specific times.  So, i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi all,  We are using Canvas for our student staff training with Indiana University Recreational Sports. We have the course set up in modules with prerequisites and requirements so that staff have to complete each item in sequential order in order to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to be able to see my students' grades in points, not percentages, in order to calculate midterm grades for the Registrar's office.  But because I have weighted my assignments, I can't figure out how to UNweight them to see the grades in points...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Students in my class have completed a quiz in which I have both objective and essay style questions. Even with the Grade Posting Policy set to manual, students can see a partial score based off of the objective answers. Is there any way to prevent st...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  I have an instructor who is teaching two courses to the same students. She ran into an issue where when fixing one student's grade on the individual view of speedgrader, the assignment shows up in the other course as missing for all the other st...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can anyone tell me if there is a plan to overhaul the very frustrating annotation features.  Grading homework is an absolute nightmare with the pen tool.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to attach multiple PDFs to an annotation assignment? I want to create an assignment that students choose which article (PDF) out of those attached to annotate, then will peer review each other based on a rubric. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.  I would like my exam settings where students couldn't see the score and correct answers initially BUT maybe a week after during feedback, I would like them to see their scores and correct answers then lock it again to hide so that they could not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We use Office 365 Collaborations in Canvas. Today previously working collaborations are no longer accessible to staff or to students from the link in the course.  I have tried different users, different browsers and different courses but nothing has ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a few teachers on the course but I am unable to see the group/scheduler appointments made by a colleague.  I can see them once they have been booked but not the unbooked ones.  I can go into student view and see them that way but then I am un...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies