Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

[Not sure if this question is already under discussion elsewhere. Please redirect me if it is.] So I am using a new quiz format for a "survey" graded as "complete/incomplete". I am finding that, once students complete this, the result in gradebook di...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A Canvas pop up asked me for feedback on an article. I rated it as "very unsatisfied" and suggested that faculty need direct support from Canvas engineers. I got this error when I pressed the submit button. Could it be that the feedback system is con...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to hide all previous assignments, whether they are completed or missing? For our younger students, having all assignments from Quarter 1 still showing when they click "Grades" is very confusing and overwhelming, especially when we are ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I asked the professor to add "People" function to our course on Canvas. This allows me to see everyone, but when I click on the "Group" tab, the vertical elipses disappears and there are no options to follow steps to create a group manually.  For ins...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set up groups for my students as part of a group project they are doing. They are each part of the Project Group as set up in Canvas. However, one student did not contribute and should receive a zero. When I go and change his grade to a zero, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to know how to get to my class. Canvas talks about how to use and step by step, but never information on where to access my class. It's useless without giving me links to my class.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to integrate my canvas classes and Trello. Trello's API makes this fairly simple, I just need to get the data out of Canvas. The problem is I can't figure out how the API works for students. I want to have all my class assignments imported...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a few situations for assignments or quizzes: - standard class due dates - adjusted due dates for students with semester long accommodations - adjusted due dates for students with one-time accommodations  Unfortunately, you all know about malin...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have several teachers who would like to have assignments that do not show up on Calendar in order to keep the Calendar tidy. We cannot remove the due date because we need that to filter by Grading Period.  Is this possible? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

First time poster here! The LTI 1.3 Tool I am working with supports the Deep Linking extension, but our resources are set up on our platform as multiple course shells. Each shell constitutes it's own Deep Linking Target URI. It appears, however, that...

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do i add users to a section? I created a course, but i teach this course to different groups (group 101, group 102 etc), i want add the users to their own groups but i could not find any add users menu in the sections area. When I enroll people t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When submitting google assignments, 1. some students insert image from camera and submit and it works just fine 2. some students follow same procedure and when I try to grade, canvas shows it as submitted but the pic does not show up.  When we look a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to import state learning standards to my schools account. In Canvas support it says I need to contact our Customer Success Manager for to get access to these standards. I have done this and have received no communication in return. Thank...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an instructor reporting that Speedgrader is cutting off Word Docs. He has a student that uploaded a ten page submission in Speedgrader, and only the first three pages are showing. When the submission is downloaded, all pages are in the documen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Our first quarter has just ended and the grades that parents are seeing on the main page of the Canvas Parent App include ungraded assignments.  Our teachers have until the end of next week to finish grading so this is causing a lot of problems with ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Colleagues, I watched the recording of this Tableau session that was delivered during InstructureCon (https://www.instructure.com/canvas/resources/instructurecon-2021/tableau-bring-data-literacy-to-your-classroom#main-content) but it wasn't clear to ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have had this happen 3 or 4 times now. Once I create a new canvas account, I cannot log back into it after I have logged out. I have to create an entirely new account in order to continue with my classes. I have been using the right password and em...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Your Password Reset does not work, i.e. it does not send an email to the inbox or spam. The course provider says to use the link https://awsrestart.instructure.com/login/canvas, that's you! How can I login? Class starts on Oct 18, 2021

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a course set up with 3 classes and teachers which I have assigned as individual sections. I would like to know if there is a way that I can only have the grading/marking show up in my notifications for my section. Currently I am getting notifi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having an issue where some of my students are seeing the Comment icon from their gradebook, but some cannot. I have had the student's who can and who cannot send me how they are seeing or not seeing, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So we have times when courses (such as Honors and Non-Honors) are combined into one course and divided by section. There are also times when students assigned to one section will be moved to another but rather than delete them outright from the previ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We currently have instructors using Google Classroom and a handful testing Canvas for deployment next year. We seem to be unable to upload grades from Canvas to Tyler SIS. The instructors have the Canvas button available in Tyler SIS, but nothing hap...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do I have to use the Lockdown Browser when taking quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy! Just wondering about other higher ed institutions that are using Canvas for program assessment (but not the Program Assessment tool in Portfolium). I've found some helpful resources like https://www.k-state.edu/assessment/training/canvas/progr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students are not able to access their assistive technology tools when they move the annotation tool built into Canvas to full screen on a Chromebook. If this is possible, please let me know. Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I did a slide for my school and I would like to see how many times my file has been viewed ? I don't find nothing to see this then I come here to ask you ^^ Also I'm sorry, I'm french and my english isn't perfect at all then I'm doing my best 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi Canvas Support, I am wondering if there's a way to prompt a notification when a student submits material for all items in an assignment group. For instance, let's say I have a "Week 1" assignment group that contains a Quiz and an Assignment. I wou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good afternoon, our company has Canvas LMS installed on our server, the number of people using canvas is about 1000. The last update was in 2020, I would like to know if there are any companies that help to update Canvas LMS or is there a guide on h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - One of our parents cannot see both of her children in Canvas at the same time.  She has a third grader and sixth grader.   They go to different schools but within the same district. Any solutions??Thank you!  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,  I was wondering if there is a way to lock the Syllabus at a Blueprint level so that individual course instructors cannot edit the syllabus?  I want to decide on a Syllabus that every associated course under a Blueprint course needs to follow...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies