Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I imported Canvas course material from one course to anotherI asked it to keep the dates the same, but when I look at the new course (which runs the same time-frame), the dates are missing. Am I doing something wrong? Seems inefficient to have to re-...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there I have read the solutions to "Locked Files" which is very helpful thanks! I do have a further question to this: We have groups undertaking the same courses at different time schedules and we hoping we can lock the files to sections, to be av...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Once a program is listed in Catalog and people have registered for it, can you still add new courses to that program?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi Got some classes who are using the BBB, and been asked about getting statistic of the students who engaged in the conference. We found a demo of it showing how to get the stats from it at https://canvas.sgul.ac.uk/courses/36/pages/how-do-i-view-an...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a teacher who is trying to allow a student to re-submit an assignment. He reset the results on an Edpuzzle and Canvas seems to be interfering with action. The students progress was reset in Edpuzzle, but the Canvas assignment is not allowing h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I gave my students the opportunity to do an extra credit quiz. But I set it up like a standard graded quiz and it was bringing students' grades down who didn't opt to do it. SO I changed it to a graded survey and when I did it erased all of the stude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We blueprint all our Advisory courses for teachers. Some teachers front page was not syncing correctly due to an exception. I learned that an exception with pages can be fixed by locking the page. However, when I go to lock in one parent blueprint co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are currently including course start/end dates in courses.csv and creating terms manually. Our goal is for teachers to have edit access to their courses indefinitely. So far, the only way we've been able to do this is to leave the term end date bl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My department is beginning to model the outcomes for our school.  We use a Master course that our individual courses are blueprinted to. For our course Quiz questions are created to a question bank and assigned Outcomes.  An assessment is then create...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there, I am new to Canvas and struggling a lot with Grading.  I have set up assignment groups and gave them all a weight (picture attached). I have an assignment called 'Business Plan' which is scored on 40 points but it carries a weight of 20% of...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Codio Coding Assignment 1.1: Module 1 Final Assignment Question 17 I used a different approach for this question. Verified the function can product the correct output but was marked wrong for this question. Then I tried to use the same approach as th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who had COVID-19, and after the absences were included on the roll-call, I got documentation, and I want to revise/edit the past roll call attendance. Not sure how to do it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I asked a detailed question of my teacher and forgot to copy and paste it into a separate document. I really need the info that I posted - for an assignment I'm working on - and I don't know when he'll get to reply. Why don't my messages to the teach...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

1. Does CANVAS API provide DELTA data, which provides only the updated information with date time stamp and does not provide the entire data during every API call 2. If CANAVS provide DELTA data, what are the API's the provides it 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas does support SCORM and I have tried that with some samples too. Now, is there any documentation available around the reports that may be available in Canvas and which showcases the data that is captured for the SCORM objects. I'm specifically ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all! I am designing a mid-term exam, and I would like to set a separate maximum time for a multiple choice (30 minutes) section and an essay question (50 minutes), for a total of 80 minutes. Is there a way to do this? Alternatively, is there a way...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a student in a course that has a different grade coming up in the new analytics vs what is in the grade book. Is there a specific reason for this discrepancy? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I am a student using Canvas. I was wanting to find my page view history via the API for a certain period of time. What I did was 1) make a token with my account and then 2) input the command https://<myschool>.com/api/v1/users/<userID>/page_vi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I have been editing a page on my Canvas for about 4 hours now, but when I save it, the page went crazy, I'll add a video to show you: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C1QC2jembxrLp0Szs22qibR3cl5uNiRN/view?usp=sharing  Is there any way I can recov...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Looking for a feature where all of the essay response answers where students sketch out plans, are sent to these students via email.  It would be a good reminder of what they wrote and said they were going to do.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The student view for my published course is blank. No modules, no assignments, no nothing. Every time I go to do something on Canvas seems like another technical issue to resolve. Is there any actual support for this product or is it just post here a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the new testing format there is not a way to print the item analysis? I have to have it along with a blue print of my exam and there is no way to print or export it? Please work on fixing this feature.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a free Canvas account as my k-12 district does not support Canvas LMS.  I invite students to the course via their school emails and students create their own accounts.  Unfortunately, sometimes this means when creating new accounts, some stude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone else turned on the Teams integration after already having Teams be created from our SIS using Active Directory?  I have been told that if we turn in the integrations that we will get duplicate Teams.  Is this something we could start at th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is a question out of curiosity not need.  When I do my Sync to SIS I have a few columns.  One is SIS Assignments and the other is SIS grades.  These numbers do not match anything I can count on the surface.  What do the numbers under the columns...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a new course navigation libk?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there,  For those of us who have quizzes with points the same for all questions, is there were a way we could enter the points one time and not have to enter them with every question? This would greatly help those of us that change our quizzes reg...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a student and my parent does not have a cod for my canvas   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student and my canvas was working perfectly fine two days ago. Now, I cant view my dashboard, grades, or my courses no more

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies