Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, A teacher created an assignment, simple submission type >  online > text entry. > due date tonight at 11:50 pm. When the student goes to the assignment in the module (which is unlocked and published) they can open the assignment, view the deta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day everyone. When creating a Discussion Board assignment has anyone figured out a way to assign a due date for an INITIAL post and a separate due date for REPLIES?   EXAMPLE: INITIAL POST: must be posted by Thursday at 2359 ESTREPLY: must be po...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2021 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I choose reports on an assessment I've just given, it consistently says "no reports yet'. I can't get all the information it says that should be available. What am I doing wrong?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannt see anything but the Corq App ads after I logged in Canvas, the website is like this. What should I do? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using Infinite Campus grade passback, we have one particular student whose grades won't sync. Each night, the sync gives this error: "missing "student_source_id" attribute" Has anyone ever experienced this error? The student has a correct SIS_ID that...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've enabled liking of posts in the announcements but students are unable to like the posts. I have not set any restrictions on who can or can't like them. This is happening in multiple courses too. I know there used to be an issue but I thought it w...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the link to my online class after signing up for the tutorial? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to have only one email address in my Profile Settings. How do I remove a second email address that I added earlier?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I see an assignment that has a grade and  a red "Missing" icon. So, does that "missing" icon stay there even after the assignment is turned in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there! I just took an online quiz in canvas, and most pictures I used are directly copied and pasted from my Microsoft Word screenshot. However, in the submission portal, I see all these pictures are blank. For example, as shown below, the answer ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all. We are using Blueprints, as well as the  Google Docs Cloud Assignment LTI.  When the blueprint pushes out all the google doc assignments out to the daughter courses, we go into each version of the course, open up each assignment, that way ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are looking for a way for students to be able to work on their Student Annotation assignment and "Save" it without clicking "Submit" so that they can return to the page and finish their work. Anyone found a solution for this?  Is this in the pipel...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a TA, how can I add a rubric to the assignment and check the grades wrt to the same rubric? Is it possible to do the same using TA access ? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I'm trying to remind students to complete peer reviews, but Canvas appears not to send any notification. The hover over the notification bell never updates. It lists the last notification as the original assignment of peer reviews.  When I click ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who is unable to see my course on her dashboard. Every class we go in and favorite my course, but it doesn't stay favorited and resets every day. She has to go into "all courses" in order to find my course and I'm not sure how to hel...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our teachers use powerschool gradebook - several teachers have reported that they are having 10-15 duplicates of an assignment show in their gradebook - which syncs from canvas.  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi Canvas Team, I require some urgent help and assistance with assessment submission. I submitted an assessment to be marked but the marker received my answers in another language that was entered originally. Does anyone have any idea what went wrong...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I have updated quizzes font sizes and quiz content in the Blueprint course, But the issue is when I did the sync process I'm getting Due dates changes exception. Is there any solution to fix this problem?  Sometimes Quiz main description is updat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching adult education for Northern Berkshire Adult Education.  We have moved from MCLA to North Adams School District.  I no longer have access to my MCLA account.  How do I reset my email and password?  My username is TimCase. in Canvas .  M...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible that Canvas does not allow parents to choose a student and just view that child's information without having to see all children? Seems like this is the case. Honestly seems like an easy fix. So my question why and can you fix it? This...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have SCORM resources that are being imported to Canvas with LTI v1.2.  The resources load fine for teachers and students, and students can resume in- progress work.  In the grading section, the auto- calculated grades will show correctly for the st...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible for an instructor to make a note in the grade book on a specific student's assignment? Not a comment for the student to see, but a note in the grade book for the teacher's future reference? Something like, "submitted to me via email" o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to log into canvas I am a Cerritos jr. college student I have been logging in for over a year now I tried to log in from another computer or on my phone and it wont allow me to do so I need help urgently

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have question backs that are duplicated and some triplicated. I spent about 3-4 hours last night deleting the duplicates. When I came in this morning, they were duplicated and some triplicated again. UGH!!!!! How can I keep this from happening?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I'm Asking please for some examples or business cases, in building Data as a strategicAsset for the banking sector. If you can help with maybe some of the latest practices.   My best regards. Joumana

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi HELP! I'm trying to add announcements to the school dashboard and in the "announcement commences" and "announcement ends" calendar when I select the dates ... I get NaNundefinedNaN?Any suggestions?Eileen 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all I was asked a question by a tutor asking when printing out the results for a learner using the new quiz (multi choice) they cannot see the learners name on top of the quiz when printing it out but it works when printing out in using the old qu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, I need to implement some avanced procedure of 'students to course' enrollment. For instance - I need to get a user email and connect with the user to provide a welcome interview to clarify user intentions and only after the interview enroll a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created Office Hours using the Calendar/Scheduler function for my students to meet with me.  Unfortunately, after one meeting the students are unable to schedule additional appointments because they receive an error message. The error message state...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for instructors to disable course notifications that students receive for things that we change in the course, like files for example? I was recently updating and deleting some files in my course and a student received quite a few noti...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies