Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Our User would be coming on our website and select the jpg files (wallpaper/greeting cards images) and will be writing customize messages. We are looking for an option to place the image with the text typed by customer and showcase a preview.   Is th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Canvas, I have an assignment that requires students to upload a file.  In it, I restricted file upload types because some students keep submitting HEIC files.  So, I specified jpg,png,pdf in the file upload restrictions.  Now, a student is trying ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a parent with students at 2 different middle schools. I cannot pair her with both students. I can easily pair when the students come from elementary, middle, or high, but not this time. I have tried adding the pairing code myself and using the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-05-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have to have some restrictions on the People link access this prevents the self enrollment function working for students. Are there any hacks to get around this so students can self enroll but not see the list of people under the people link. Than...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have followed the instructions at Microsoft Teams Meetings in Canvas - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com) and come up with a different interface access for Teams. Instead of it being in the editor menu, the only place I can access it is via the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the current iteration of my Canvas course, announcements are suddenly single-spacing rather than double-spacing. To be more precise, they are dropping the blank line between paragraphs. I have to enter an extra return to create the proper space be...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I want to give partial credit for certain exam answers.  I enter the new points for a wrong answer and update the score.  The new grade shows for the student.  Then, when I log out and log back in, Speedgrader has reset the score to the original valu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I modified a previously created test by adding questions.  I forgot to check the points. The original questions are worth 5 points each and the new questions are only worth 1 point. I was able to edit the quiz and change the point value for the "futu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I got a "flood" error message when I tried to submit a question earlier. I clicked "Post" right after deleting tags that evidently were not permitted in the Labels field (e.g. "Recording" and "BigBlueButton"). The post had not been submitted on the f...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a teacher and I am taking an online course through Region 10 in Texas.  I contacted Region 10 and they said to contact Canvas.  Here is the deal.  I enrolled in a course and the live part is on October 12th, but before then I am supposed to comp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Asking on behalf of an instructor who teaches with the assumption that students have adequate bandwidth to participate in their online sign language course... The instructor relies on the RCE video upload capability quite heavily for assessment in qu...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-04-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I do daily in-class writes. Most of my students choose to handwrite them, and then I grade them in Canvas. However, this semester I've had a lot of absences as students are out of class for Covid quarantine.  So I made it possible for the quarantined...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to send images to Kate Samworth that need to be converted from HEIC to jPeg. Please send me a link or simply respond. thank you, Margaret  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I need to change the email address I use to login to Canvas.  I'll be losing access to this email address eventually and would like to change it to a newer (permanent) address.  I have already logged in and updated my notification settings wit...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I make a file available to some but not all students?  For a large class, it would be a huge pain to email through canvas by selecting only the names of those students to receive the file (right now, canvas email only allows selecting student ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, Is there a way to select all pages with one button so I can delete them? Right now I have to select every individual page and at the end I can delete all of them. The reason why I don't reset the whole course: Canvas is automaticly being fi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-04-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This has been posted before but I'd like to re-open this topic for further discussion. I'd like to embed the Canvas Course Calendar specific to one course on said course's homepage. This seems like something that would be a no-brainer, but I have fou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All, I'm looking for Gradebook API to hide or post grades for an Assignment. In the past Assignments mute/unmute worked well to hide or post grades for an Assignment.  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

ipad grading comments are disabled why? I was able to comment of grades just a few weeks ago.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I indicate correct quiz answers? While creating a multiple choice and true/false quiz, I have tried to indicate the "correct" answer for each question by hovering to the left of each answer option, but the green ghost arrow does not show up fo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I remove an uploaded file if done inadvertently?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have created a quiz that allows for up to two attempts, with the kept score set as the average of all attempts. However, when I am viewing the quiz statistics, the quiz average appears to be 100%, even though I know that is not the case. I b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

help! video takes way too long  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would love it if someone could tell me how to access my student id number

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It has been more than 24 hrs since the students have taken their exam and the data for ALL the questions are not all posted in the reports analysis. I am missing 4 questions on data. Anyone else have this issue with the new canvas quiz platform? Miss...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi Team, I have set up Canvas on Bitnami Stack on AWS.  So to configure SSO, do we need to have a subscription with instrucure? Or can we register our own Enterprise App in Azure and configure it on our domain? for example canvas.ourdomain.edu.au    ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any plan for Canvas to permit embedding of images in messages sent through the Inbox?  For some of the courses I teach my students and I exchange a lot of screenshots in our emails, and it's really convenient to be able to discuss an image w...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a class where 44 students work in groups of 4-5. They have multiple assignments that require peer reviews and I want them done within their groups. It takes me 45 minutes for every assignment to manually assign the peer reviews - is there a wa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies