Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way I can move questions from quizzes into question banks so I don't have to re-type them all over again? I've worked intensely on building several quizzes and just learned about question banks. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, everyone,  I have had a few instances where my Blueprint courses are synching module items out of order in the associated courses.  I read some documentation on what to expect and saw this section found here:  If modules or module items are rearr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor in free-for-instructor and I am unable to find the place to edit the name of someone who is a student and has the same email but change their name.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I understand that Canvas can automatically assign peer reviews only to students who have submitted the original assignment, and I understand that I can manually assign peer reviews to students whether they have submitted the original assignment or no...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, everyone! I currently have my agenda doc for my Calculus course embedded in my Canvas homepage. I would love to simply continue to add to this Google doc for the rest of the year and simply update the html in Canvas so that the page for the un...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I started an assignment but then left canvas idle for 10 minutes or so and returned.  After finishing the assignment, I clicked on submit and it made me log back in, which I did, only to find that it completely deleted all my work.  I took a precauti...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have tried to add an event to my canvas calendar and always fill out the screen that pops up. When I click the submit button to add the event, nothing occurs and it just stays on that screen as if I didn't submit anything. I have tried switching br...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this...let's say I upload a PDF document for students to annotate using the "Student Annotation" submission type. Do their annotations auto-save? Are they able to edit them after submitting? I am hes...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Card View, users can favorite courses that will appear on their dashboard. If nothing is favorited, up to twenty courses are placed on the dashboard. Which ones?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The ability to subscribe to the calendars seems nice until you turn it on and it pulls in EVERY class calendar. It seems to me it would make way more sense to be able to subscribe by class than by all. I'd love to see this feature implemented as it c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am helping a teacher who is using the new(ish) Student Annotation assignment type in Canvas. We are having an issue where a student will complete their annotations and submit the assignment, but in SpeedGrader, the teacher is unable to see a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Everyone, I have a csv file that is extracted from our SIS (Infinite Campus) that triggers the "malformed csv" error message when trying to import with the SIS Import feature in Canvas. I have used the documentation below to make sure that the ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

@canvas Admin's, Can you help us with how you are measuring "active participation" in a course since July' 1st (2021) change from the Department of Education said we can no longer use the last log in date/time stamp to verify students are active in a...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I make comments on students' documents, but when they look at their essays, they can't immediately see the inline comments. They have to choose Submission Details and then View Feedback. Isn't there a way to make the inline comments automatically vis...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our focus during the Canvas roll-out for the past few years has been on supporting the academic courses on Canvas. Enrolment and course creation is managed via SIS import.  We are now receiving more and more requests to use Canvas for non-academic co...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,  I have multiple courses with assignments that have a mixture of point and complete/incomplete grades. I want to set-up assignment group weights as exams are weighted not point-based per our department's policy.  The weights in our Canvas vers...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

im currently enrolled in a univ in the Philippines and i have to move to Dubai next month. i was wondering if my canvas acc is still accessible even if im in dubai

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As a Canvas admin at my school, I have been asked if there is anyway to prevent our instructors from accessing past courses so that they cannot import/copy them.  We did test the Conclude option but that doesn't prevent them from importing/copying fr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2021 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a registration page for a course and the course start date is showing as the date I created the registration page, not as the actual course start date. The course site shows the correct start date and the Course Details tab also has the rig...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I wonder, what is the difference between final score and assessment score in speedgrader? I have made I quiz and the final score and assessment score shows different things for some of the students? What is wrong?    

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We're currently using the Intelligent Learning Platform / Banner to pass back final grades.  In courses without manual sections it is working however we encountered an issue with courses that have manual sections created (for accommodations).  These ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm new to Canvas, and thought I had created a link in Google Docs, then copied the link to the URL field, and tried to submit the assignment.  After several tries, I still keep getting the "Assignment Failed to Load" memo.  Help, please! Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher and have my own child who has CANVAS classes.  How can I use the same teacher account and access/be an observer in my kid's stuff?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am part of a discussion. I have read all the replies that I can see, but on List View, the discussion still shows a blue dot, indicating that there are unread messages. When I click on the discussion, I can see 14/14 read messages. However, when I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I like the word bank option in new quizzes fill in the blank questions, and I think it could work well to replace some drag-and-drop matching questions I originally created in Moodle, but I am running into a problem. For each blank in a multi-blank q...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hello,  My files transferred to canvas from blackboard are in html. KI am having difficulty editing these files without losing the graphics etc embedded in the files. What is the preferred way of editing html files for use in Canvas that does not los...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How does Canvas keep track of student activity? How do I know when and how long a participant enters the platform? What is the function of Dropout Detective?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The updated version has a RETRY option on Text Box Entry submissions. Can student submit multiple Text Box Entries on the SAME assignment, or must all response text be in the first an ONLY submission? It appears the RETRY overwrites the previous. Is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to see where a specific file is used/linked in my course. How do I go about it? I can find files in the search function in the files view. It doesn't tell me where they are used. It would also be helpful if it would show in which folder ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies