Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

In Classic quizzes, the number of points would automatically update based on the point values in the questions I added. However, this does not seem to happen in the New Quizzes.  It stays at "zero" (the default) regardless of the actual point value o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-14-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I have read about the Google App LTI upgrade that is coming soonish, ~ Sept 1 or later. I am one of the Admins for our school account. I couldn't access Collaboration at Teacher orientation for demonstrationr purposes using the Google app that wa...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Which are the steps to unite all the tiles in one?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Yesterday I published a discussion page which looks fine on my end, but when my students land on it they see nothing. Thoughts?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have successfully submitted my assignment in Word Document format (54KB) on Canvas, however I am not able to view the similarity report icon. Kindly advise. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all! I am currently maintaining an LTI application that toggles the publish status of Canvas courses. Recently we've started having an issue with the API endpoint for updating course info (PUT /api/v1/courses/:id).  When attempting to unpublish a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to use the Canvas APi to search for a user by their defined communication channels? For example, if I have an app where a user enters their phone number I want to ensure that there is a valid user in Canvas with that phone number befor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are Google Docs Cloud Assignments still supported?  We were told that Canvas was not going to support them as of August 1, 2021, but I have them as an option in my Assignment External Tools. I like the simple functionality the Google Docs Cloud Assig...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to repeat global announcements?  For example; we have a weekly video series with a live feed.  Instead of copy/pasting and creating 52 separate announcements with start and end dates, is there a way to setup a recurring announcement ev...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Thank you in advance!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm an admin, but not a coder.  I'm not having any luck running the list multiple submissions API.  This is what I was trying: https://XXX.beta.instructure.com/api/v1/courses/:course number/students/submissions?per_page=10000&PersonalTOKEN  Am I miss...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I posted about this as a reply to a question elsewhere, but then it occurred to me that it could be its own topic. Does anyone know a way to make International Phonetic Association "combining characters" appear correctly in Canvas?  Single characte...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

It is incredible time-comsuming and tedious to lock each object in all of our year-long blueprint classes by hand, clicking each icon, then waiting for it to reload.  Please, is there a "Lock all objects" option somewhere? Also, why aren't the object...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating user account through API sometimes it goes through successfully and other times throw exception like below "ExpectationFailed - The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized  . for user Benjamin Martinez,be.martinez@ecisd.us...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can i link the student  canvas account to the parent canvas account

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm completely baffled.  It seems as though some of my created pages just got up and left  While checking one of my course links today, I got the message, "The page does not exist, but you can create it below" and was redirected to the page editor. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello everyone, I would like to notify you that we have a Scheduled Maintenance planned for August 14, 2021. Turnitin will take a 2 hour maintenance window on August 14, 2021 from 08:00-10:00 PDT, 16:00-18:00 BST, 01:00-03:00 AEST (Aug 15th) [go to h...

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm unable to start a recording  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I found the documentation related to SSO but we prefer not to have our application have to act as the IDP for that type of process. Are there other options for students to access the Canvas platform through an auto sign-on link once they have been en...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am not receiving an email to reset my password I have tried 9 times since yesterday

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning,               Our program admin has been trying to add me as a teacher to a course. She has resent the invitation several times but I'm not getting anything. I tried to report the problem via help but there is no option for that in my a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there anyway to rename the course navigation "BigBlueButton (formerly Conferences)" to something else. It isn't being translated for our students and really stands out like a sore thumb.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello Brains Trust   If I have 5 questions within a quiz, and I want to set it to shuffle questions- can I set it to shuffle Q1-4 only and leave Q5 to be the last question (i.e. fix it in place while the other questions are shuffled)?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I haven't found a guide about how to contribute in Arabic translation team

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can I get my courses certificates?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello Everyone, I created a course as a teacher. Then, I enrolled as a student with the same email address to see what students see. Now, I have not been able to get back in and edit the course as an instructor. Since I am (or that email was) the Adm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

courses

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our institution recently moved from Moodle to Canvas.  I teach performing arts courses where the students are graded on both their attendance as well as effort and participation.  In moodle, I used a duplicate attendance "roll call" to track effort a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am looking to share new-ish features in Canvas with my teachers for PD.  Other than the cross listings which have been around for just a year, what other new features are out there that you'd recommend?   Thanks.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies