Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We are currently getting an error when a specific role is attempting to 'Copy To' an announcement into another course. The role attempting to do this does have the Discussion create/moderate features but does not have the Course Content (add/edit/del...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

There are serious limitations to syncing grades between Infinite Campus and Canvas. Specifically differentiation within canvas, and assignment naming requirements... limit our ability to fully use Canvas. What alternatives are there to getting the co...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Several students having issues with the app freezing and lagging often times inoperable any updates coming? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Rules and Conversions worksheet “1.5 TBSP medicine”  I am kindve confused how that answer was 22.5 help

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I perform quality assurance checks for courses in my department. I have noticed that sometimes when text is copy/pasted from Word into Canvas, quotation marks end up looking like the "smart" quotation marks, instead of the default ones (which are...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have an the instructor for an upper level course, which requires students answer essay questions.  While creating my exam in Canvas, I am trying to put the correct answers within the "general answer comment" box, so that when I grade the exams, I c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm enrolled as a teacher. I can't see my students list in the "Grades" tab.  Am I doing something wrong?   Thanks for all you help! MJG

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The short version: is there a way to get the rubric scores to auto-update based on the gradebook score, or to upload a spreadsheet of rubric scores? I'm using the learning mastery gradebook, and one of our outcomes is calculated based on accumulating...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Our organization also has a rotating 6 day schedule. Each work week, the schedule rotates one day.  For example, our schedule is ABCDEF. Week one is ABDCE, Week two is FABCD, Week three is EFABC, etc.  How can we accomplish this in Canvas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have uploaded a zillion images for my courses, and want to use them in other courses, but can't see them in the 'user images' section of 'Insert image'.. I can still see images from two years ago but not the ones I"ve just uploaded. Any hints? I ha...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is anything happening with repairing the bugs in text fields in new quizzes?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have accidentally disable Module and Announcement. Now there is a hidden icon next to them. But they are still at the top box of the Navigation box which means they are not disabled. I am not sure how I can enable them. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On the "Syllabus" page in Canvas there's a Course Summary, which seems to consist of a list of all the assignments and their due dates. Is there a way to hide certain assignments from this list? Specifically, I'd like it to show only those assignment...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Why can't an observer see a TO-DO list just like the student. This would be invaluable as a parent. I do not see this option on the website on my chromebook or in my iOS phone app. Please add this option if it truly isn't available for observers.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a brand new Samsung Chromebook 3 that is fully updated. When I find the app in google app store, it says I don't have a compatible device. Why is this? How can I fix this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone and welcome to class. Does anyone know if the textbooks for this course are available on the USA library? Thanks Kemi  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete columns in the gradebook---as those Assignments are no longer relevant??? thanks cjw

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As of March 10, 2021 I stopped receiving notifications from my Parent Canvas account with not changes to Account Notification Settings.  My husband still receives from his account.  I've checked junk/spam and nothing there.  I'm mostly concerned with...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We have a professor who's looking to have multiple questions on a quiz for a specific reading but only require the students to answer one of the questions correctly.  I'm pretty sure the only way to do this would be to manually grade the successful q...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Colleagues, A couple of questions related to system security. 1) Does Instructure have any sort of log-tracking in case someone gains access to our system and does any damage? 2) If someone were to delete all courses from the system, does Instructure...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a question to those who use Zoom inside Canvas, if a participant is removed from a reoccurring meeting, can the participant rejoin future reoccurring meetings?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I'm a student that is having a problem seeing assignment descriptions.  In all of my courses, I'm having a problem when I click on a quiz/test. The description that the teacher put in for the assignment shows for about a second, then disappea...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, It seems like Canvas is currently unable to upload webcam videos. Using a Mac with Safari & Chrome and different laptops there is issue, Safari just exists the webcam window when trying to save and Chrome gives an "Something went wrong accessi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to find through the API, Canvas Data, or Admin reports the various assigned items to a permissions role?  For example, I would like to have a report that shows each role and what specific permissions are assigned to that role. This way...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Thanks for looking at my post. I am stuck with text editing. How do I delete the blank lines for the recommended text? Backspacing doesn't work, and there doesn't seem to be a way to change paragraph spacing with the text editor.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

As an online student, How do I sign in for attendance? thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi  I'm trying to create new courses via the API but I'm getting an error that indicates the course already exists. I cannot find the course if I use the UI. I've used the API to build a list of courses and the course is not in the returned list. The...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Stephanie, I'm really lost (obviously) trying to find my way around Instructure/Community.Canvaslms etc. Came here really just to track down phrase express ideas/help/comments that I randomly saw when doing search. . . Are you aware of courses built ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies