Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi! The university where I work at has produced different resources related to Canvas which are a great help for beginners. Is there a place on Canvas Community where we can share them?  Thanks! 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I imported a Canvas course I created when I worked at a university. I wanted to include the onboarding course in my ID portfolio. I want anyone to have the ability to access the site without a password. The problem: it is firewall protected. A...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to know how can we add split rings on Canvas. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have imported a module from "Shared content" into my course and another one that was already finished and I did not want to lose has been deleted. Is there a possibility of recovering it? Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Olá, como coordenador da escola eu gostaria de saber como emitir um relatório individual de cada professor para ver o acesso deles em todas as turmas que eles lecionam sem ter a necessidade e entrar turma por turma. Eu quero saber se determinado prof...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy folks, Does anyone else happen to be running the Android OS 12 beta on their phone? I am noticing a bug in the Canvas Parent App where the keyboard won't pop-up on the login screen. Only in the parent app though. The student and teacher apps wo...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to have a text column that students can see. I want to populate it with a random username to use for other outside postings that I want the students to see but not associate with their colleagues. I set up a non-graded assignment but can't fig...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to know about the pricing of the canvas. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to set an MCQ test at the beginning of a Biology course to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the students in Physics, Chemistry and Physiology, triage them, then set different activities for students in their area/s of weakness. Can Maste...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello i was working on uploading my assignment but i did not pay attention on what i did but the class that i was working on it. that professor profile picture disappear and i saw me notification with " the report ....". what should it in that situat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'd like to know if there's any way to only allow students to do certain number of assignments (not all) from the assignment group. For example, let's say there are 50 quizzes in total for different topics under the assignment group A. Students a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need something fixed- a glitch is giving my students trouble with their test, and I cannot grade.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are any API, scripts, automations, integrations, etc. that would allow us to batch update Module settings/requirements in Canvas. Something that would allow us to customize courses much more easily than assignment by assignment or Module by Module.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wondering if anyone knows how to have this audio player only display the bottom part. I do not want the thing with a music note to display. I am including the code that this uses. <p><span style="font-size: 12pt;">&nbsp; &nbsp; <iframe style="...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

am looking for a solution to a small problem - i want a Google form (with upload enabled) which has few fields based on which students fill the form and can attach - link (url) or pdf or jpg files and submit their assignment.  This google form i want...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had to fix a MC question after a Quiz was graded. I figured out how to change the answer to the correct answer, however, the Quiz Report does not reflect the change. I would like the Report data with the new information after the regrade. Will this...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, i'm trying to create a new course with the API but i'm getting this result: {"result": null} This is what i'm doing: const courseData = {         course: {             name: titleSection?.title ?? 'Unnamed Course',             course_code: ''...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I change my canvas account to English?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using Canvas Free for Teachers. I have just started a course.  I sent the students a link with a course code. Most newly enrolled students are shown as "Active" but some are listed as "Completed." Is the "enrollment" completed?  The course is ju...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why don't the lecture videos follow the same order as the outline? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do quizzes count for an overall percentage of final grade for course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher with thE next accreditations: -Academy Cloud Foundations -Academy Machine Learning Foundations -Academy Learner Lab - Foundation Services I have created a class of Learner Lab - Foundation Services and I want to add modules but not app...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've created a question bank in a course and can access it.  I have two roles, teacher and designer.  Others in the course can not access the question bank, their role is designer.  Do they need a teacher role in order to use the question bank?  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I know that this change just occurred but I'm just posting a reminder to remove text notifications from the Notification Preferences video.  We link to this tutorial in many of our courses. Thank you! Sarah

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How are others adding student teachers into Canvas? (College students doing their practicum in a public school)  How are you setting their roles?  They are not considered an "employee" yet to have an experience like a teacher, they would have access ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Scenario is there are previous assignments utilizing an external app (ex. turnitin via plagiarism framework) but we need to shift to the LTI (external tool) version so we need to disable/delete the former. How will this affect the previous assignment...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add a note to an assignment and have the note viewable only to me. Is this possible? If so, how?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm creating an app to convert Vimeo Showcases into Canvas quizzes. I'm ready to try exporting the list of json files to the qti format. I've seen example qti format files and can get the json file MOSTLY exported to the right format, but I can't fig...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The icon for students to click says START ASSIGNMENT instead of SUBMIT ASSIGNMENT. How can I change that? Here's the screen shot of what students see:

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can scheduler appointments be limited to specific students in a course? We are using Canvas for advising and would like to have students be limited to scheduling an appointment only with their advisor (there are 3 advisors in the course). Is there a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies