Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm wondering if there is an easy way to make pages and files available / visible to a certain group of students only. I have a course with Section A and Section B, they have a common group project and common materials, but other materials are differ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We are retrofitting our Storyline simulations for accessibility. Therefore our SCORM files are being updated from the previous file version. After uploading the latest SCORM file, we are unable to delete the older version SCORM file. There is a trash...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm having an issue with New Quizzes, Item Banks, and Outcomes. I have about 20 Item Banks filled with a variety of questions. I'm trying to go back and add Outcomes to individual questions in the Item Banks. But I can't. When I go to add an Outcome ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi, I used curl to get a list of discussion topics (announcements). The data was successfully returned. However, the returned string contains special characters, which BBEdit shown as a red reversed question mark.   There is one before the JSON strin...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Let’s say I create a "Quiz Bank" with three questions and assign different point values to those questions, for example looking like: (1) T/F = 2 points, (2) a Multiple Choice = 3 points, (3) and the third is an Essay Question = 25 points.  The probl...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there.  Originally I created a Free for Teachers account to develop a couple of online courses that my organization intends to facilitate.  On these courses we would like to have a few custom registration questions to help us learn more about who ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to enroll students to a course using their phone number instead of their email address?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I include requirements and prerequisites because I do NOT want students moving on to the later modules without having completed an earlier assignment (in this case, midterm exam). However, apparently a student who did not complete the requirement has...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are creating a course with 5 modules, each module has a quiz which will be graded as percentage.  We would like to measure the course per module completion and quiz results. What would be the best settings for this?  We will be granting certificat...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I work for an institution that trains teachers on using our product.  We are creating a course with 5 modules and would like to send users an automatic notification that reminds them to complete their incomplete modules.  Is it possible and how.     ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I register the access the code for my class, or Do I have to wait until my class starts?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We recently had a student reach out for support because they authored an assignment using the RCE, and then (unknowingly) waited until after the availability date to submit.   After submitting, their composition disappeared, and they received the mes...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a student is using the Canvas iOS app, will every file that they access in the course appear on the Access Report?  Everything is logged when using Chrome, Firefox, and Safari but I'm curious about when using the app.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can anyone help me extract all outcomes data from new quizzes.  I'm working on an institutional report for outcomes by student and all looking for aggregate and disaggregated (by student, by outcome data).  I am familiar with the outcomes results exp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If you use New Quizzes and want to create a practice quiz as you could in the Classic Quizzes, that feature is missing and is important to include. If you select the "Do not count this assignment towards the final grade" checkbox, the quiz still appe...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our institution has been using Canvas for several years, and there has been some turnover in IT and instructional design staff in that time. I work as an instructional designer for our college. I was uploading an Articulate Storyline SCORM file into ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I was doing the capstone project and since the date to complete this is extended to 31july, i took some break due to my project work and when i came back to complete this my account was deactivated since i had exceeded the mentioned budget cap. I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am curious as to how other institutions handle account roll-offs. What we are looking for insight on is as employees/faculty roll-off or leave our institution how do you handle their accounts in Canvas? Do you simply just delete the user's account ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, my university currently uses Canvas for all course-related content. This upcoming semester, I am going to trial a program called 'Notion' which allows me to do everything Canvas does but with more scheduling, note-taking, importation of media...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Im trying to make a custom grade book column, however, when trying to do so I get this error:   { "errors": [{ "message":"An error occurred.", "error_code":"internal_server_error"} ], "error_report_id":519 }   The req...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I would like to get a list of assignments sorted by their creation_at or due_date in descending order(most recent assignments). On https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/assignments.html#method.assignments_api.index  , I can see an order_by which...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, We have found an error in Classic quizzes where some questions do not display the selected answer on the quiz results page. Does anyone know what might cause this or how to fix it?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings! I need some information about course sharing consortium in Canvas. Any resources is greatly appreciated. Thanks!  

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are currently providing a service that is embedded in Canvas via an LTI 1.3 integration. We have some teachers who are using our service from multiple school districts' instances of Canvas. In these cases they are being identified as the same pers...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where is the People option  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A relatively new Canvas Instructor. 2/3 through the term, and the "Total" column has "0% F" for every student. All assignments are in the Group "Assignments". What switch did I not activate? B

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am having a few technical issues between the users and we are not sure what the causes are. Michael was able to complete the quiz with no issues, and his test results were recorded instantly. I was also able to have him submit the results more tha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Would it be possible for course sharing of item banks to be inherited as copies are made from the original course?   That is, if I share a bank to a master course (or a live course), that bank does not show as a course bank for any subsequent copies ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to change the appearance of your canvas course in a way that is better suited for presenting? I have been teaching my course by screen sharing it, but it is clearly not meant for this because of the distracting published icons and side...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies