Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

A teacher asked me the following question: Is there a way to get the shared screen AND the participants on the same screen? I noticed the shared screen takes over the whole screen.   My initial thought is to tell him that unfortunately there isn't.  ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knows how long video upload submissions to assignments are saved in Canvas? Or if they expire at any point?   Thanks in advance!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like the option to bulk edit question and answers in quizzes. I recently imported quiz questions from multiple files and didn't realize they had different formatting. Canvas preserved that formatting when importing the questions and now I hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Colleagues, I turned on the Discussion Redesign, but cannot locate where to attach a rubric - not can students locate a rubric.

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We are currently looking at an overhaul of our placement assessment documentation process. Is anyone in higher education and has the placement documentation process perfected (or somewhat)? We are currently using a SharePoint site as a submission por...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,      I am experimenting with the course_completed live event and have it working for my target course. It responds with a cut down metadata object missing the following fields that are documented here : https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello everybody !   Today, i installed canvas with tutorial in here https://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/wiki/Production-Start   But when run  RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake canvas:compile_assets   And i get errror  /var/canvas/vendor/bun...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas course   https://canvas.newschool.edu/courses/1596021   students can't  see reply in discussions and are not able to add images or comment this course has been duplicated and the other section students can see and post images Thank you   desan...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-06-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So we all know that the Canvas rubrics glitch when used with external tools like Flipgrip or Turnitin.com. It's common knowledge. There are numerous posts about it. So why doesn't this issue ever seem to get solved? With so many instructors pointing ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, is there any way to bulk delete spambots?  They don't have SIS IDs which are required for the SIS upload CSV file. - see screenshot (this is not a real person so I felt OK sharing the email address) We have over 1000 of these in our accoun...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Moving over to canvas later this year, currently, with blackboard, there is Dynamic Rendering with Template Variables so that URL inside of an Iframe could change per student logged-in eg www.website.com/questions.php?s_id= @X@user.batch_uid@X...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-21-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have spent a ridiculous number of hours in Announcements trying to embed some videos not supported by Canvas apps. Without background in HTML, I've stumbled around with creating or inserting embed codes, searching Canvas guides and using numerous o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

One of our developers created some assignments in a course and in the "Submission Type" area, only selected "Text Entry Box" as a submission option. The course has since started and some students have submitted their assignments but a few would like ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Cuando lo invito sale este mensaje : No se pudieron crear los siguientes usuarios. jlasas4583h@gmail.com: Matching user(s) already exist Por favor su ayuda para saber los motivos. Gracias

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Colleagues, This should be an easy answer, but I've forgotten the steps. We have an instructor who allowed one student to take a final exam late. Now, the column for that exam only shows the one student's score and not all the other students. I think...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!   I have two questions I hope somebody can answer:   1. I was wondering if there is any updates about making a module visible to only one section? See discussion about it here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Making-a-mod...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to enter grades in Grades and in SpeedGrader.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know this question has been asked before (by many people), but I truly do not understand why Canvas Inbox can't be disabled. I *fully* understand that messages can be forwarded to my email but that doesn't solve the basic issues. I have SO many mes...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 11 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-04-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have no idea why microphone went wrong during the pre-check. All my sittings are good and I can use my mic to chat on Zoom and my family. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-04-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Would someone mind explaining how the score ranges work for Mastery Paths? If a student, completing the initial quiz in the example below, achieved a score of 3 would they be placed on the bottom or middle quiz? When I look at the Mastery Paths break...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently New Quizzes does not populate the teacher's "To Do" with a notice that a quiz has been taken.  This has made it a No-Go for me.  Is there any plan to update New Quizzes so teachers will be informed when a quiz has been taken?   This will de...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-29-2021 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I tried the New Analytics feature and like it for the most part. However, when I try to run a Missing Assignments Report, nothing happens. It's as though the action button is not programmed to actually do anything.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello everyone, Does anyone know of a touch typing program that integrates with Canvas? We are hoping students will be able to click on a course in Canvas and have assignments right there. Thanks, Tech Dave

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I think the personal pronoun options are great. Any chance you could add an additional option where students can write their own? I have a student that wanted the option for he/they. I think having a write-in option could eliminate any other instance...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to connect the Roll Call feature on canvas to our Skyward LMS?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have an ongoing PD course that I periodically make updates to. I would like to be able to quietly make updates in the course without participants getting notifications each time something is changed. I have some who have completed the course, who d...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello All - My Daughter is trying to use the Canvas Student app on her iPhone xs and when she opens the app and then selects the school name it brings up Safari and has a string of text at the top of the screen that reads " The resource cannot be dis...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-06-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a limit on how many member can enroll in a course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies