Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi everyone, If we buy the commercial version of Canvas, is there the option to install it on our server, and can we edit the source codes to add the features that we wish? Thank you very much.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

when im signing in to canvas, its asking for a join # or group#.  what is that? how do i find it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Let me first begin, by stating that I am a new instructor here at Gwinnett College. However, this is not my first time teaching, or working in an Higher Learning Institution. Yet, I find myself having a hard time annunciation these medical terms and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear All, Can the data in New Analytics grade distribution charts be downloaded to CSV? My understanding is that it cannot, but as this seems such obvious functionality to make available, I wanted to double-check if I am missing something. Below is a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear All, In the course below, you can see that grades for Final Exam 2021 are published. I have acted as a student in the course and can confirm that grades are visible to students. When I go to New Analytics, however, I am told that no grades have ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Dear all,   We have configured an external LTI tool by Manual Entry in the developer keys by choosing the Public JWK URL method. However after we used the tool in assignments, we could see that the JWK was not accepted as the corresponding functional...

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone, When a student has selected an option in a multiple choice, then he/she can't uncheck an option and leave it blank.  The reason why I'm asking this is because blank options don't apply a penalty, while inorrect answers take away points. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to test the free version of canvas, but I have 2 questions:   Does anyone know how many students Could I have per class?  and  How many megabytes Can I use per class? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Can a faculty member preview her quiz questions as she builds them?  She likes to look at them one at a time as she builds.  Or does she have to build the whole quiz and preview the whole quiz?  Curious in Chicago...thanks! peg

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi - I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on this phenomenon that occurs when a VoiceThread assignment - with a due date - triggers a "late" notification even when students submit their VT recordings properly and before the due date.    Is any...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I have added multiple choice quiz questions hundreds times to my course, but today I get an error when I run code that worked previously. Encountered an error: status code 500I have narrowed the problem down to adding answer choices to multiple c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Could someone explain how LTI 1.3 Name and Role Provisioning works? Document just says "The Tool Consumer (typically an LMS) launches the Tool Provider. The Tool Provider performs a request for a membership list. Tool Consumer responds with the list...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my dashboard page the to do list is showing instead of the squares with courses, how can I get out of the view of the to do list?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am not able to list a range of grading ratings for each 'criteria ' on a rubric without repeating a particular 'score'. e.g. if a 'B' is 60-70 and an 'A' is 70 -100 the repetition of the 70 here is an issue. if I change the  '70' to a '69' or '71' ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Hola, desde hace varios día que no puedo acceder a el Libro de Calificaciones de todos mis cursos que lo tienen. En la pagina me aparece el siguiente mensaje: Ha ocurrido un error totalmente inesperado. Por favor contacte con el administrador de la p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a number of courses that require a public defense of the submitted work. Thus the students submit their papers, and the papers get distributed to everyone in the course. In Canvas, one clould create an assignment with a file submission and, a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are active users of the Canvas Data Portal (CDP) and are doing a security review of high level account access in Canvas. We have a Root Level Account Admin service account with a name that suggests a close association with the Data Portal. We don'...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have been conducting security reviews of user roles in Canvas and want to redesign the roles to allow the minimum access necessary for individuals to still be able to complete their work. We have repeatedly struck an issue with the "Account-level ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our institution recently activated a SAML functionality between Canvas and Examsoft, which is an assessment management system.  Part of the integration is that when we publish the courses to Canvas, they will get copied into Examsoft from Canvas.   I...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to print a list of grades for an entire semester that shows only the final grade discrepancy for the entire campus. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am looking to take my semester grades (under the 'Grades' section or from each class's 'Grades' section) put them on a Google Sheet, and have the cells automatically update.  I am familiar with some of the common Google Sheet and Google Script 'cod...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

LMS Admin here: We would like to turn OFF the authentication services in Canvas (i.e. Google Authenticator/2FA). It is causing issues with international students on so many levels. We are comfortable in removing it but when I select "Remove Authentic...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the Perusall App with Canvas.  I would like to test out what students see once I create the assignment in Perusall.  As an instructor, everything works well with the LTI integration.  But in "Student View",  Perusall prints the error messa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating a doctoral study on course design using my free Canvas account. I want the participants to be anonymous. Is there a way I can create fake students within my free account so that the participants are not entering any identifying informat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just made 2 events and they go on for a long time no they aren't happening anymore how do I MASS delete them

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The resident can access the topics in the gyn modules but not  the exams. When he logs in it states that username/password error/not recognized. We tried resetting the password and same thing. We tried searching under our institution but were not fou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - I am doing some planning to restructure our sub-accounts, and I'm wondering if there is a mechanism for moving one sub-account under another sub-account. I'm seeking to minimize the impact of this restructuring and we have faculty who use the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was able to migrate the classic quizzes for one of my Canvas courses using the "Migrate" option on the more options menu, but I do not see the option for classic quizzes for my other course on the same Dashboard. Any idea why this would be the case...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, all. We are in the process of migrating from Blackboard 9.1 to Canvas. Some members of my ID team are getting the following error when pulling content over from Blackboard: There was an unexpected error, please contact support We have a ticket...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We recently ended an online programme. Some students complained when accessing the platform they cannot go straight to the last page they saw.Does a resume learning button exist? This could help students.  Thanks Matteo

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies