Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I would like Canvas to allow staff to leave a course instead of only allowing the creator to remove people.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to download copies of quiz that individual students took on my courses as I need exemplars for our external examiners (student with a high score/ mid score/ and low score) and there doesn't seem to be this facility.  Is there anyway around thi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone explored the possibility of adding important dates for the entire university to Canvas calendars? Things like add/drop deadlines, dates to register for graduation, etc. To the best of my knowledge Calendar is only utilized through course-s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am working on LTI1.3 tool, After completion of assignment sending grades from LTI to canvas platform but getting the error as a "{\"error\":\"invalid_request\",\"error_description\":\"the 'aud' is invalid\"} for https://_____.instructure.com/login/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Setting up a sandbox for teachers to use as we begin using canvas. What should they be enrolled as to get a complete picture of tools they will use when we are active in the fall? Teacher seems obvious, but wondering if designer is what they will be ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm not sure why this happened but we were given two hours to complete an exam and I finished after twenty minutes yet my output was still marked as late. I took the exam at the designated day and at the start of the designated time. Any idea why thi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to embed Jsmol viewer (a program to view molecules in 3D) into my Canvas page.    I have tried using iframe but it comes up with an error that says the website refused to connect.  I also tried to embed it using the code (shown below) give...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am going to make my question as uncomplicated as possible, so here it goes. First, when I am setting up a new API developer key there is a check box "Test Cluster Only." In this article (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-add-a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking for an educational quiz module to integrate into my pre-existing product so we can take advantage of all the engaging quiz features offered by another product and not have to rebuild these things ourselves.  Does Canvas' quiz module supp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have discovered a Read Aloud option for test and quizzes on Canvas.  They must open it in Microsoft Edge.  They can right click and select the read aloud feature.  It will read the page, including the title and directions to the test or quiz. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've run into this problem recently where it seems like all the links to other content in my course are opening in a new window. They all seem to have the following attributes added to the link:   class="inline_disabled" target="_blank" rel="noopen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, we are using Cidilabs and frequently add accordions. We often place sample documents in an accordion panel with Inline Preview expanded (not overlay). However, whenever we add more than one document, only the first document has the correct zoo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a course that the content was all pasted in from MS Word. When we view the html in canvas, we see '&nbbsp;' representing an extra space between most words. This results in canvas treating the line of words w/ nbsp as all one word and thus wra...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi! I'm working on a project where I'm sending Live Events (asset_accessed) to an AWS S3 bucket, and am sending those on to an endpoint where I work on them. I'd like to know how long it takes to conduct an event when an asset is accessed in Canvas L...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are in the midst of implementing Ellucian's Banner ILP 5 with Canvas and would like to make contact with any school that has customized the course title that is passed from ILP to Canvas.  Our course title format is used throughout our campus in m...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have to fill a online form where I asked to give my Canvas I'd (8 digit number). I can not find the ID. How cai I find this. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Canvas community.I am a newbie to Canvas, in the past I used to use some software like Sony Vegas 17 to make videos for my lectures in class.Some friends suggested that I use Canvas to make videos more vivid with beautiful photos, great sticker...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

An instructor reported that using her stylus to annotate student's Word documents in Speedgrader produced odd results, about 2 years ago. She can annotate with ease when students submit PDFs. Has anyone else experienced this? Has this improved since ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor creating a course with a SCORM file that is 18GB in size.  The current limit in Canvas is 5GB.  Is there a procedure for breaking up files into smaller ones for upload?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to copy questions from one quiz to another within the same or into a different course, and it seems a question bank is the way to do it.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think I'm probably just missing something and it's quite straightforward but I can't seem to find the API call for getting the grade I have in a class, a percentage or letter is fine but I would prefer a percentage. I have gone through all of the A...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In error, a student self-dropped a course and no longer appears in the Canvas Course, People.  The student still appears in Canvas Catalog with a Dropped status.   Yet, I don't believe the fee was automatically refunded.As an Admin, is there a way to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas comunity,I already set an LTI connection with a proctoring tool. The issue I have is to select the exam I want to proctor. In order to this, I need the LTI Url, Secret and key and custom parameter of that specific exam (Moodle has an option...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Dear all, I am developing an Azure Logic App that automates creating Canvas users via a Python language Azure Function using the canvasapi Python package. Everything is working fine, but when I delete the user manually and re-run my workflow with the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When migrating a classic quiz with LaTex formulas to New Quizzes, the LaTex formulas are converted into images and are no longer editable. When writing a LaTex syntax in the formula editor in Classic quizzes you do not need to include the surrounding...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, We have some issues with students submissions appearing in the Turnitin Inbox, but not appearing in SpeedGrader. Seems to be affecting some of the "extended deadline" assignments, which was held at the beginning of May, for around 57 studen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-31-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

In a Canvas Community it states: "Each instructor can customize the links in the Course Navigation and limit the number of features that students and observers can see. Observers may or may not see links to certain features."   I was unable to find a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In Chemistry, I currently calculate a weighted lecture average AND a weighted lab average in Blackboard.  After completing Canvas training (which we switch to this fall), I notice that only ONE weighted average is permitted in Canvas. I've also searc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, As a grader, I set my language to English, but when a student sets his/her language to another, the language on the speed grader page on my end is also that language but not English. For example, the links in the screenshot below are all Korean b...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am generating a question bank using a computer program that automatically creates a a question bank with a set of applied mathematical problems of the same kind, but with different numerical values for the problem variables. The idea behind this is...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 15 Replies