Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, all!  We're in an LMS transition to Canvas. Not all students have Canvas access just yet - only those enrolled in Canvas courses. I created a Public course, intended to be a Canvas orientation for new users. Unauthenticated visitors can comple...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our district still has the "Google Doc Cloud Assignments" turned on. I have turned on and I am testing the new "Google Assignments LTI" since I heard that the "old" Google Doc Cloud will be going away eventually. Here is an issue I keep having. I cre...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a student and how do I delete my Canvas account to start over! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can i create an exam and put it in (modulus) and hide the exam link until a specific time , like in the image above ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello there, Is there are simple answer to this question?  I have a lecturer who is adding comments to assignments which are saved but the grades are not saving.   Regards, Kerrie.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have a class from over a year ago- how can I copy the class to a new instructor? I cannot add her to the people in the class anymore and when I try to export the content to her, she gets denied access....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Today I gave a final with about 140 questions, mostly multiple choice, with free response at the end using new quizzes. One of my students submitted her test and I noticed in the moderate view that it said her score was 0%. I went to view her attempt...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good Day,I live in Portugal and I do not speak or read the language yet. Is there any way I can set the platform to display completely in English instead of in both languages?Thank you in advance for your assistance with this matter

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I export the list of students who made an appointment in an appointment group with the corresponding time slot? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi I found a similar post about this and I'm wondering if someone maybe can help me clear out some things. I tried to use the below to pinpoint the sites where i want to hide the point etc. on but without success. My question is can I be more exact o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi there, While attempting Quiz in the Canvas, a few of my students complained that their chosen options for Multiple choice questions have not been saved, choices of some questions are unchecked (which they say they checked by choosing one among the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I like to use Canvas for the teacher feedback process - very important in student learning. I recently found out that students can only see the latest version, so if a teacher has left feedback on a first draft, this is lost to the student but...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a large class (ca. 500 students) and many assignments. The New Analytics report throws up the "Warning: Size Exceeded Maximum Number of Rows" message. I see posts about this going back a couple years so I gather it is a known issue. But why is...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can you please try again to answer this question, i.e. not just link to that unhelpful "How do I manage Course Navigation links?" page? Clearly people keep asking this question. How do you make the crossed out eyeball go away? I don't want to know ho...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-31-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to get rid of the white background in CANVAS?  It is causing visual problems for me.  I have checked the settings and have only been able to change the contracts.  Turning on this feature affects the navigation pane only.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our term ended on 5/27 for students.  Teachers' access is extended until June 3rd in order to finalize grades.  Teachers using Google Assignments LTI who are still scoring assignments are finding that these grades are not syncing to the Canvas Gradeb...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-09-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I have a question about the Canvas Data Submission_dim datatable workflow state field, what does it mean when the workflow state is unsubmitted? Because for what I know, canvas doesn't allow you to unsubmit assignment Also when I was typing up...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm using curl to send create quiz questions to an already create quiz, the JSON is as follows: { "question": {"question_name": "Question 3","question_text": "Two of the basic instructions implemented by a programming language include:","question_typ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, We are developing iOS and Android Apps for our students to help them in learning where we gave them 10000s of MCQs to practice, We are using general formats e.g. true/false, multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks. Now we are looking to add...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Greetings, I have an existing LTI 1.1 app on the EduAppCenter which has been set up and published successfully.Currently, I am implementing LTI 1.3 in my application and also have been looking for documentation or steps to set up the LTI1.3 applicati...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Question - has anyone else tried to contact Canvas support directly recently? As the school's IT admin responsible for Canvas,  I was waiting for a response for a help ticket I opened one week ago and all I got is an automated response. What has been...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have many sections (15) in my course. I'd like to create groups that would be comprised of the different sections. So, one group would have sections 1-3, group two would have sections 4-6, and so on. I don't want to select individual students to pu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'll be happy with a reply that I'm doing this wrong, or just making it more complicated than necessary. Designing a page, I made a text box using a 1x1 table, and then I indented the whole table by adjusting the table properties to 95% width and Rig...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to differentiate between Assignment Comments (those that appear in the right sidebar, under the grade, on an assignment) and the information students add in the new Student Annotation features?  What I'm trying to get at is the relat...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All, I'm a newbie to this platform. I need your help to understand why even after having an admin role I cant see ant courses in my canvas page. My ultimate aim is to pull the data into powerBI using api. (Eg - All the courses, assignments, grades...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

2 questions: 1- is there any way to access question banks other than through the quizzes - add a question?  I do not have an 'Admin' button in my Canvas. 2- I am editing test questions, and one of the question banks will not allow me to edit the ques...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like Canvas to allow staff to leave a course instead of only allowing the creator to remove people.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to download copies of quiz that individual students took on my courses as I need exemplars for our external examiners (student with a high score/ mid score/ and low score) and there doesn't seem to be this facility.  Is there anyway around thi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone explored the possibility of adding important dates for the entire university to Canvas calendars? Things like add/drop deadlines, dates to register for graduation, etc. To the best of my knowledge Calendar is only utilized through course-s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am working on LTI1.3 tool, After completion of assignment sending grades from LTI to canvas platform but getting the error as a "{\"error\":\"invalid_request\",\"error_description\":\"the 'aud' is invalid\"} for https://_____.instructure.com/login/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies