Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am extremely confused. It says in the New Student check list that you are required to take the orientation prep course, but I can't find said course. The check list says that, quote: "When you click the "Orientation Prep Course" below, the course w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are a trades school of about 1400 apprentices are looking to replace our current SIS with one that will work well with Canvas.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am sending a direct link for students to enroll in my course.  When students click on the link, they are directed to "enroll in the course" and "go to the dashboard."  However, the course is NOT appearing on their dashboards.  To troubleshoot, I ha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a "newish" admin for Canvas. The state has sent out a list of couses for the admin of Canvas to import for each district to complete. My question is this: I know how to import courses, however, is there a way that it will be a "district" course ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We posted a number of RSS feeds in the Announcement section. Some work and some don't. Does Canvas have any documentation on what the RSS feed must contain or must not contain in order for it to work in Canvas?   Thanks

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a high school teacher, the vast majority of assignments, for both my class and those of my colleagues, are submitted through an external tool.  That being said, when students do not submit the work, the gradebook does not automatically update the ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a faculty member that is reporting quizzes that were migrated from Moodle to Canvas is not importing quiz options for the "Select All That Apply" option for their quiz. Is there another way to import quizzes from Moodle to Canvas that will inc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Folks, Can you shed some light on the following question: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Can you ask/research the Campus Community members who use PeopleSoft direct to Canva...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Everyone! I have a question regarding groups.  Is it possible to assign students to groups and the groups NOT be published until a certain date?  I have 29 students (from NC universities STATE-WIDE) that need to be put into 6 groups.  Lead faculty...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone! I have a question regarding groups.  Is it possible to assign students to groups and the groups NOT be published until a certain date?  I have 29 students (from NC universities STATE-WIDE) that need to be put into 6 groups.  Lead faculty...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I run a python script to get a list of all enrollments for a course with 3800+ enrollments using the api/v1/courses/{course_id}/enrollments API endpoint. But on every run, I am getting a different number of enrollments which are never accurate...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Confession: I haven't been on the community for a while. I knew the UI had changed... but I seem to have lost all the recognition in terms of badges and 'level' that I had built over the last few years.  It took ages to level up to "teacher" status (...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am an instructional coach working with a group of teachers. They are all getting this error when they attempt to sync their grades:   {"errors":[{"errorCode":400,"codeMajor":"failure","severity":"error","codeMinor":"invalid data","description":"Not...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello.When grading an assignment configured for Groups of students, I know that the grade is shown to each student in the Gradebook. No problem with that, that works great.However, I am not sure of how it will work with an outcome-oriented rubric add...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does it reset after a certain time? I want to set a max attempts quiz for 3 tries. But how does a student get a chance to try again later?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I am Danish administrator and in a meeting for Canvas users we talk about and all agreed that we really need to see the Excel formulas in in SpeedGrader. So we can give the student the right Grade.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all. I need some advice on the best way to do something.  We have a series of manual courses that are blueprinted to in a K-12 environment. These are NOT SIS courses, but created manually. Think about a course that is used as a differentiated r...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students are uploading final versions of a painting (jpg images) to a Discussion. When I see the Discussion as the instructor, there is a second, "grayed out" due date at the top right corner. When students look, there is only the regular due date (n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are trying to set us a quiz to gather feedback on our course (our govt reporting require a self-assessment on confidence before and after the course) and we want our users to make suggestions about future topics. We have put in a single question M...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have uploaded some PDF files that in my Teacher View are landscape and when I look at them in the Student App they rotate to be portrait which means the worksheets are the wrong way around. There is no option for the student to rotate the pdf file....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are struggling to understand how to get our application integrated into a school's canvas implementation. They want us to use LTI as the integration method and we are having almost no success. Any assistance would be appreciated even to the point ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach four identical sections of English 101. However, rather than create four sections of the same class, my college's online learning center team insists on creating four entirely separate classes, claiming that 1) students in one section can 'se...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of my students said he was working through a quiz, but lost all his work after deciding to log out after seeing notification that Canvas had automatically saved his progress. Might you know what caused this, and if there’s a way to retrieve that ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I´m trying to integrate some LTI into an open source version, self hosted, and it looks like imposible. I had tried even with BlackBoard collaborate or Google Drive. I´ve got every time the same message 'Your LTI tool has been misconfigured, please c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I view my course recordings they are all showing my notes when I use power point in presenter view with a single monitor. My notes are not visible to my students during class so why does it record showing my notes? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I'm an instructor, and I was successfully duplicating modules in my course, when all of the sudden the option disappeared. I was literally able to duplicate, and then 5 seconds later that option disappeared from the edit menu. Any suggestions...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Good morning.  We are a community college new to Canvas.  We're moving from Moodle, and we'd like to hear some best practices for organizing courses.  In Moodle, we start by using categories for the 8 divisions we have.  We then give the respective D...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, We need to track Canvas in a google account with analytics, can anyone guide me through the process for this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been trying to upload chapter quizzes from a prior course.   For example, I upload Quiz 1, it runs the loading process, then I look in the Quizzes panel (on left) and it is there and all the questions look right.   THEN, I try to upload Quiz 2...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi  We have deleted a submission from an assignment because the student had submitted to the wrong assignment. And the teachers was not finished with all the settings for the assignment but had published it by mistake.  So we deleted the submission b...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies