Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

One of my students said he was working through a quiz, but lost all his work after deciding to log out after seeing notification that Canvas had automatically saved his progress. Might you know what caused this, and if there’s a way to retrieve that ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I´m trying to integrate some LTI into an open source version, self hosted, and it looks like imposible. I had tried even with BlackBoard collaborate or Google Drive. I´ve got every time the same message 'Your LTI tool has been misconfigured, please c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I view my course recordings they are all showing my notes when I use power point in presenter view with a single monitor. My notes are not visible to my students during class so why does it record showing my notes? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I'm an instructor, and I was successfully duplicating modules in my course, when all of the sudden the option disappeared. I was literally able to duplicate, and then 5 seconds later that option disappeared from the edit menu. Any suggestions...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Good morning.  We are a community college new to Canvas.  We're moving from Moodle, and we'd like to hear some best practices for organizing courses.  In Moodle, we start by using categories for the 8 divisions we have.  We then give the respective D...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, We need to track Canvas in a google account with analytics, can anyone guide me through the process for this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been trying to upload chapter quizzes from a prior course.   For example, I upload Quiz 1, it runs the loading process, then I look in the Quizzes panel (on left) and it is there and all the questions look right.   THEN, I try to upload Quiz 2...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi  We have deleted a submission from an assignment because the student had submitted to the wrong assignment. And the teachers was not finished with all the settings for the assignment but had published it by mistake.  So we deleted the submission b...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Cuando creo un anuncio en mi curso, se publica y se ve perfectamente. Al cabo de los días, entro en mi curso y el anuncio ha desaparecido. ¿Por qué sucede esto?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My professor wants us to make a portfolio of 26 2 to 3 page homework assignments. I corrected my assignments but  she wants us to upload her corrections as part of the portfolio. Can Canvas make it so students can download Feedback as Word.docs and n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to embed an html file that is hosted on github (not as a gitpage) within Canvas. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to do this?   I'm aware that iframes are a solution especially if the page is already rendered as gitpages,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone, im having troubles with redis. My canvas-lms works correctly without redis. But when i enable start redis, some fuctions seem like to not work as usual. For ex, when i update my password at profile settings page, with redis since i cl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are excited to use the Student Annotation submission type, and was wondering if there is an exhaustive list of the file types it is compatible with? I have test a a variety and so far finding it works with Microsoft products (Word, PowerPoint, ect...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a method to copy a file? (I Don't mean move.) My institution Implements laboratory sections of its parent class as separate courses. I teach several laboratory sections in a given semester and have found useful the ability to copy or duplica...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of my students have been editing their Canvas discussion posts after sappvalley eeing the posts of their classmates (they cannot see any posts until they post themselves). Unfortunately, the Canvas discussion boards I've looked at conclude there...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school is currently shopping around for a new LMS and one of the options we're consideAppvalley ring is Canvas. I'd love to hear what your experience with the platform has been like and possibly how it compares in practice to Google Classroom (+ G...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can anyone assist with understanding Rubic?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to export a gradesheet for a class to Excel and retain the percentages showing in Canvas. The percentages originally showed as points in Canvas; I selected to view them as percentages. Can I keep the percentages on export? Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hello, So I recently turned in an assignment for my history class. The assignment only allows for one submission and although I have turned it in, there is no indication of submission on the dashboard such as with a submmtited text, checkmark, or a s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I recently set an assignment to auto assign peer reviews. For some reason 2-3 students were not assigned peer reviews, even though they submitted assignments of their own. In addition, two students were assigned to peer review students who did not su...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to track a specific student when downloads a specific assignment and how many times.  In the “access report”, it seems that you can only see how many times he browsed and the last time he browsed. Is that right?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have installed Canvas LMS on GCP using Bitnami image. Its working fine, but I am facing few issues as below I have tried adding login with Google but even after adding all the details Login with google option is not showing on login page, here ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My school uses canvas and next week I have an online test through the system. My professor said that he speed test  is able to see if students are cheating through the analytics of his canvas account. I am not planning on cheating, but I was wonder...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my teacher said that all assignments are due today but there is not "available from...until" posted on any of the assignments. Will I still be able to work on the after 12 today?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm new to we canvas, I don't know how to use you, I have problems with the book, it takes time to load and the screen appears blank, help !!!! I have classes tomorrow morning if you have a friend out there ask him and if they know how t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,  In service of being accommodating to the varying personal situations our students are facing this year I chose to drop their two lowest performing weeks. In Canvas, I grouped the assignments by week (assignment group = week 1, week 2, etc.) a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have "Complete All Items in the Module" set as a requirement for my modules, but it does not appear that Canvas is honoring that setting. When I'm in student view, only the first page in the module is receiving a check mark indicating it has been v...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am attempting to create a flyout menu in our Global Navigation to share a group of courses in our instance based on: @robotcars post here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Developers-Group/Global-Nav-Menu-Custom-Tray/m-p/147083 I would love a way...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I delete a test student submission?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

While a BBB conference is in progress and students are in it, another student will try to join but the conference is listed as concluded.  Teacher and other students are still actively participating in the conference, but other students cannot join. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies